over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Longevity in Body Building questions and answers

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I like to start a thread and talk about things to keep us around for years. I can tell you at 55, I feel good, but have to constantly monitor blood work and take certain supplements. So, this is not to bash anyone, just like to hear input from others on what we can do to compete or look good and be around for sometime. So, I will answer you some questions if you like. I been around for over 35 years working out. I am pretty much old school when it comes to things, If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

I would also like others to chime here with insight. This is some real brilliant minds here.

well

i like this idea Pesty, i guess i am lucky or have good genetics as my BP is almost always 120/80, i have it checked regularly by a nurse, it has been a bit high before but not by much and it was only cuz i was bulking and blasting, My blasts have rarely been more than 1 gram of test and some deca or EQ or tren added in and have mostly been 12 or 16 weeks, then i dont cruise i go off completely for at least 8 weeks, supps wise just the usual, Omega 3 and a few others that i get from LEF.org, i have always eaten a pretty healthy clean diet and never got over 220lbs @ 5'8". i am now also 55 years old and still blast and cruise just a bit milder then previous years, but everywhere i go people say no way in hell are you 55, not with that body :headbang:... I believe that EVOO added to my shakes and food have helped my skin look younger, i currently am 190 and pretty damn lean but then ive always had a fast metabolism so its not hard to stay lean....... sorry but i do NOT have a brilliant mind:eek:

Last edited:
Here's an article I put together not terribly long ago. :)

**broken link removed**

-S

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an article I put together not terribly long ago. :)

**broken link removed**

-S

Thanks Brother, I always enjoy reading your posts. I am going to read that whole article in the next few days.

My God, thank you Pesty!

All I can say is that too many Androgens and even too much GH will AGE you and process you in one direction or the other. It's all in relation to everything else!

Even GH can Age you in a negative direction, but when combined with the right things, it can help reverse the tide.

I'm not a know-it-all in these matters, but I am thankful for this inquiry.

I like to give insight in those who compete. Unless you have Pro genetics, know your limitations. That means if you got a body that will not even let you win a local show, why cycle like a Pro? I learn this many years ago. I knew how far I would go in BodyBuilding and accepted that. Taking more gear does not make you a Pro. We have guys in gyms that hardly put the effort in that take gear. Taking gear does not substitute hard work and proper eating. You also have to be consistent through the years. I cringe when I hear guys say they just got back to the gym and want to do a good cycle.

What would you do differently in your early 20s now as opposed to what you did? Also what is something decades of experience has taught you that's worth mentioning to us young ones on the forum?

What would you do differently in your early 20s now as opposed to what you did? Also what is something decades of experience has taught you that's worth mentioning to us young ones on the forum?

Number 1 thing: Eat better
Number 2 thing: Do more Cardio
Number 3 thing: Wish I knew what I know now about supplements.

Over the decades: This is not directed to anyone. I wish I didn't put BB first as much as more important things in my life. I also realize I want to live a long time now and concentrate on health more. When I was young, I wanted to just get bigger. When I got older, I thought more on health.

What supplements do you take ?

This is my current list:

Multi
Omega 3
Red Yeast rice
Citrus Bergamot
Ubiquinol
Potassium
Garlic
Vitamin D
Magnesium
Humanofort
Vitamin C
Nattokinase
Aspirin
Carditone

I think the most important thing is to get bloods and keep BP in check. If you can find a cool doctor it's a great feeling. I feel alot better. My doctor prescribed me lisinopril to keep my BP in check.

I also take
Men's multi
Vitamin c
Prostate support
Liver support
Dandelion root
Omegas
Evening primrose oil
Joint support
Co q 10.

This is a good post as I have gotten older I have dialed back the doses and focus to on living longer. I haven't competed in about 5 years and too wish I would have done some things different with spending time with my kids as they are all adults now. I am always trying to research what supplements to take for better health and interested in learning.

Last edited:
Everyone should listen to Pesty because whatever it is he's doing has allowed him to have a beautiful young wife! :D

I think what Pesty said about being realistic is very true. If you like to compete that's fine but if you can't win local shows, don't think that doubling or tripling the dose is going to help you win. Can one get "big"? Yes...but being dieted down for a show and revealing everything there is about your physique is something entirely different...all flaws will be exposed! If you have narrow shoulders and wide hips, it is what it is...drugs won't fix that!

As far as health goes, monitoring blood pressure should be number one on everyone's list and regular blood work should be next...then comes blood donation and supplements. Big A stated early on that blood work should be done every 4 weeks...if things look good then carry on...if not, time to stop! Also, go by how you feel...even if blood work checks out but you feel like something isn't right, look into it. Be smart and be good to yourself!

You know its funny when you finally realize that throwing the kitchen sink at it isn't such a good idea!Even some pros realize this ..We have lost to many GREAT guys to not have some kind of awareness!
Good thread Pesty!

Great thread Pesty. I will give my 2 cents as i have been in the game for over 25 years as well and have learned a lot throughout the years.

1-Adaptation. You have to learn how your body has changed over the years and adapt to what you currently are and not what you used to be. When i was in my teens and 20's, i could eat tons and tons of carbs, grow and still stay around 10% BF. Now that I'm 45 years old, my body doesn't need that many carbs nor does it like them. I fought acid reflux for years and just figured out, about 2 years ago, that its caused by carbs and not excess protein like all the experts were saying. Now i only have a small amount of carbs after my workout and try to stay away from them the rest of the day. Now i know this is not ideal if you are trying to be a mass monster, but at my age i am not trying to be 250 lbs. Also my training has adapted. I almost never go below 12 reps. Maybe down to 10 but for the most part i hit a hard 12-15 reps on almost everything. My joints used to be able to take the 5x5 routine of heavy slag iron, but not any longer. I can't move for 3 days if i go super heavy. Now don't get me wrong, i am still very strong for my size, i have a 390lb bench and a 550 dead lift but i no longer go low on reps. Listen to your body and adapt to what you currently are and not what you used to be.

2-Be realistic. You are not going to be a pro. SOrry to bust your bubble but your not. But thats ok. You can still be big and lean but you don't need to push the envelope. If you are realistic about yourself, you will then realize you don't need the harsher gear like Halo, Tren, Oral Tren, etc….. Keep your gear usage to a realistic amount and stick to the safer compounds.

3-Keep your health first. This is something i used to never think about but now a days, i think about it every day. Blood work is CRUCIAL!!!!! GET IT DONE FELLAS!!!! Take needed supplements to help your health. You can throw away 95% of the other supplement as they are just shit, but make sure you are taking the sups that are proven to help your health. Keep BP low and almost everyone that is on any gear at all, needs to get tested for sleep apnea. ALso very important is to keep your estrogen in check.

4-Cardio is more beneficial than i ever thought. Now i go to the gym in the morning just to walk on the treadmill and catch up on the news. 5 days a week for 30 minutes and i feel so much better.

5-Sleep-Never gave this much attention but its so important.

6-Last one is to ENJOY LIFE. If you are my age or Pesty's, you don't need to be 100% concerned with engulfing yourself in the bodybuilding lifestyle. What i mean by this, is its ok to have some wings and beer with your boys. I used to not go to several fun things when i was younger, as i thought it was going to derail my progress. But you have to find happiness in all of this and if you want to do something, then do it.

You are not what you used to be. So keep what you have become heading in the right direction.

really good stuff

This has the potential to be a great thread Pesty . . . thanks for getting the ball rolling.

In my experience, once the falling has started, there are few options for recovery.
To struggle one's way back to a ‘pre-falling’ place, one would need to have planned
in advance; to have packed parachutes, or ropes and harnesses, to have arranged
for self-arrest. But, not seeing it coming, few, if any, take none of these precautions.

I don’t think I can add anything new at the moment without being repetitive. Pesty is
much like me, ‘old school’ but with a lot more experience and a lot better physique.
Some of the things I like, which others have said, which resonate with me are
below. Thank you all for your contributions!

My God, thank you Pesty!
All I can say is that too many Androgens and even too much GH will AGE you and process you in one direction or the other. It's all in relation to everything else!
Even GH can Age you in a negative direction, but when combined with the right things, it can help reverse the tide.
I'm not a know-it-all in these matters, but I am thankful for this inquiry.

I like to give insight in those who compete. Unless you have Pro genetics, know your limitations. That means if you got a body that will not even let you win a local show, why cycle like a Pro? I learn this many years ago. I knew how far I would go in BodyBuilding and accepted that. Taking more gear does not make you a Pro. We have guys in gyms that hardly put the effort in that take gear. Taking gear does not substitute hard work and proper eating. You also have to be consistent through the years. I cringe when I hear guys say they just got back to the gym and want to do a good cycle.

pesty4077;2240623 said:
Number 1 thing: Eat better
Number 2 thing: Do more Cardio
Number 3 thing: Wish I knew what I know now about supplements.
Over the decades: This is not directed to anyone. I wish I didn't put BB first as much as more important things in my life. I also realize I want to live a long time now and concentrate on health more. When I was young, I wanted to just get bigger. When I got older, I thought more on health.

Everyone should listen to Pesty because whatever it is he's doing has allowed him to have a beautiful young wife! :D
I think what Pesty said about being realistic is very true. If you like to compete that's fine but if you can't win local shows, don't think that doubling or tripling the dose is going to help you win. Can one get "big"? Yes...but being dieted down for a show and revealing everything there is about your physique is something entirely different...all flaws will be exposed! If you have narrow shoulders and wide hips, it is what it is...drugs won't fix that!
As far as health goes, monitoring blood pressure should be number one on everyone's list and regular blood work should be next...then comes blood donation and supplements. Big A stated early on that blood work should be done every 4 weeks...if things look good then carry on...if not, time to stop! Also, go by how you feel...even if blood work checks out but you feel like something isn't right, look into it. Be smart and be good to yourself!

Great thread Pesty. I will give my 2 cents as i have been in the game for over 25 years as well and have learned a lot throughout the years.
1-Adaptation. You have to learn how your body has changed over the years and adapt to what you currently are and not what you used to be . . . Also my training has adapted. I almost never go below 12 reps. Maybe down to 10 but for the most part i hit a hard 12-15 reps on almost everything. . . Listen to your body and adapt to what you currently are and not what you used to be.
2-Be realistic. You are not going to be a pro. SOrry to bust your bubble but your not. But thats ok. You can still be big and lean but you don't need to push the envelope. If you are realistic about yourself, you will then realize you don't need the harsher gear like Halo, Tren, Oral Tren, etc….. Keep your gear usage to a realistic amount and stick to the safer compounds.
3-Keep your health first. . . . Blood work is CRUCIAL!!!!! GET IT DONE FELLAS!!!! Take needed supplements to help your health. You can throw away 95% of the other supplement as they are just shit, but make sure you are taking the sups that are proven to help your health. Keep BP low and almost everyone that is on any gear at all, needs to get tested for sleep apnea. ALso very important is to keep your estrogen in check.
4-Cardio is more beneficial than i ever thought. Now i go to the gym in the morning just to walk on the treadmill and catch up on the news. 5 days a week for 30 minutes and i feel so much better.
5-Sleep-Never gave this much attention but its so important.
6-Last one is to ENJOY LIFE. If you are my age or Pesty's, you don't need to be 100% concerned with engulfing yourself in the bodybuilding lifestyle. . . . But you have to find happiness in all of this and if you want to do something, then do it.
You are not what you used to be. So keep what you have become heading in the right direction.

And homonunculus, I will get around to reading your article. I am sure it is very good.

In the meantime, may you all be well and stay well. Enjoy the holidays, do what you can, but behave yourself. ;)

alfresco

don't overtrain. take vitamin d and k. don't eat too much protein. eat a lot of greens/berries

This is a great thread. Thanks for not only starting it but also the great interest so far from others.

Curious to hear how your blood test results have changed over the years? Have you seen any patterns? If so, what do you lay it to and what have you done to bring them back to normal?

Thanks!

This is a great thread. Thanks for not only starting it but also the great interest so far from others.

Curious to hear how your blood test results have changed over the years? Have you seen any patterns? If so, what do you lay it to and what have you done to bring them back to normal?

Thanks!

I have been fortunate that i have monitored my bloods very closely throughout the years. I have however, noticed that my hemocrite has crept up throughout the years as well as normal things like cholesterol. Besides that its all about the same for me. I have focused on getting my hemo back to normal with things like more cardio and will occasionally give blood if needed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws