over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Longevity in Body Building questions and answers

People use to call it the fountain of youth at one time. Now there is experts who say the opposite and some say things different than that. Human Grade is always the best IMO. If I could afford it, I would take Genotropin. I never gain water weight from it, but then again, I was not taking very high doses either. I mention I like cycling it on and off too.

Now I am not an expert by no means, but this is what I feel from experience. GH does make you feel younger, but there is a fine line with that. When taking GH, you really need to monitor some things. Like Thyroid levels and sugar to start.

In older adults GH will decrease over the years. So taking GH when you are older will yield different effects than someone who is a lot younger. Taking test does the same, however there is a fine line and abuse will not give the same benefits of HRT in many aspects, health being the front runner.

post from datbtrue:

Certain tumors hi-jack the cellular machinery and secrete GH or IGF-1 and use it to grow and break existing boundaries into other tissue. The cutting edge research is in antagonists for GH, for GHRH, for IGF-1.

What they found is that designing highly specific ligands that bind to GH-receptors in the cancerous tissue in such a way as to block them, results in tumor shrinkage. They are taking away the tumors ability to grow...

Often the tumor shrinks to such a degree that chemotherapy can then be used to eliminate the cancer. These two therapies have proven very effective in all types of cancers even hard to reach lung & brain. The trick is in making delivery vehicles that will target the cancerous region rather then all the other tissue in the body.

The best clinical studies were breast cancer studies which demonstrated total remissions after the use of both therapies. This of course was for the types of cancers that behave as described herein.

Life extension studies using calorie restriction or EOD fasting has demonstrated (so many things) but one is that such states reduce circulating IGF-1. You see the part that is deadly ...the part that reduces life span ...the part that can result in cancers is the intracelluar events that slowly accumulate damage. A fuller explanation & illustrations can be found in my thread at: A complete understanding of IGF-1 & its potential influence on cancer & longevity

I see so many times a post where someone states "IGF-1 can not cause cancer it can only make it grow if it already exists". It makes people feel better to say such things I suppose...

...but a statement like that hints not one bit at understanding that their are states know as pre-cancerous states occurring routinely in our bodies. Many times a tumor suppressor such as P53 will be able to act and shutdown the cell before such states become cancerous. There are a great many factors that operate in our body...

...one theory is that cancers happen fairly routinely and our body often destroys them before they become serious.

Flooding the body with high levels of IGF-1 could conceivably give enough early fuel to these states so as to overwhelm our routine defenses.

Anyway...

IGF-1 LR3 is obviously risky....there are no concurrent binding protein checks.

IGF-1 created naturally (from GH's effects) also comes with an increase in binding proteins which will control how IGF-1 is to be used that is less risky.

Large amounts of GH which sustain high levels of IGF-1 are more dangerous then low "youthful replacement" doses. In fact high levels of circulating IGF-1 is positively correlated with cancer incidence.

Probably, natural pulse creation or increase in tone (i.e. release profile) from GHRPs & GHRH will be the least dangerous at low/mod doses.

Figure 3 think really helps us understand "how IGF-1 can increase cancers".

Figure 3. Model of the influence of insulin -like growth factor 1 signalling on the stepwise accumulation of somatic-cell genetic damage in carcinogenesis. The model of stepwise accumulation of genetic damage leading to carcinogenesis can be extended to include influences of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) signalling. These include favouring cellular proliferation over arrest and cellular survival over apoptosis. This model provides a preliminary biological framework to account for the observed association of higher levels of IGF1, or IGF1 receptor (IGF1R) activation, with cancer risk in epidemiological and laboratory studies. The model predicts that stepwise accumulation of genetic damage is facilitated in individuals with higher IGF1 levels because in these individuals there is a slightly higher rate of cell division (increasing the risk of errors) and, perhaps more importantly, because the probability of appropriate apoptosis of cells with a small number of 'hits' would be slightly reduced in a microenvironment with higher levels of IGF1R activation. The figure greatly exaggerates the magnitude of the hypothesized differences between 'high IGF' and 'low IGF' individuals in proliferation and apoptosis for purposes of illustration. Very small differences in these parameters, if applied to the very large renewing cell populations of organs such as the colon over a timespan of decades could influence the probability of emergence of a fully transformed clone. Colours indicate the following: yellow, normal cells; pale blue, cells containing one mutation or hit; dark blue, cells containing two mutations or hits; purple, apoptotic cells.

**broken link removed**

Figures

Last edited:
Still puzzled by this. I thought sat fat in eggs was ok??? You hear of so many guys following mountaindogg diet, etc, emphasizing healthy fats over carbs

One large egg has roughly 186 milligrams of cholesterol — all of which is found in the egg’s yolk. Since dietary cholesterol was once thought to be the major cause of unhealthy blood cholesterol, egg yolks have been demonized and health nuts stick to eating strictly egg whites. Now, don’t get me wrong — egg whites are a great, healthy source of protein, but there is definitely room for WHOLE eggs in a healthy diet. As long as you haven’t been advised otherwise by your doctor , you can enjoy the many nutritional benefits of a whole egg. So, yes, you can have an egg and eat the yolk too ! Here are a few reasons why.

The real threat to high cholesterol is saturated and trans fats, not dietary cholesterol. Years ago, when scientists learned that high blood cholesterol was associated with heart disease, foods high in cholesterol were thought to be the leading cause of unhealthy blood cholesterol. Now, 25 years later, scientists have come to the conclusion that cholesterol in food is not the true villain — saturated and trans fats have a much greater effect on blood cholesterol. Your body actually needs the cholesterol in meat and eggs to make testosterone, which helps to increase energy and helps to build more calorie-building muscle. In fact, one study at the University of Connecticut found that the fat in egg yolks actually helps to reduce LDL (“bad” cholesterol). So banish the old notion that an egg, specifically the yolk, is hazardous to your health. According to the American Heart Association, the recommended limit of dietary cholesterol is 300 milligrams for people with normal LDL (bad) cholesterol levels — and one egg contains 185 milligrams of dietary cholesterol. (If you have a history of high cholesterol or heart disease in your family, though, you may want to consult your doctor about how to limit your cholesterol intake.)

Whole eggs are full of beneficial vitamins and minerals. Whole eggs are a nearly perfect food, with almost every essential vitamin and mineral our bodies need to function. It is one of the few natural food sources of vitamin D and contains 7 grams of high-quality protein. Whole eggs are also full of omega-3 fatty acids and deliver many of the B vitamins and nutrients — B6, B12, riboflavin, folate, and choline — that, in fact, are believed to help prevent heart disease. L-arginine, an amino acid found in eggs, is critical to the body's production of protein and the release of growth hormones. Another amino acid found in eggs, leucine, also helps the body produce growth hormones as well as regulate blood sugar levels. The yolk itself contains most of these vitamins and minerals, plus half of its protein. When you eat only the egg whites, you’re missing out on all of these nutritional benefits and are getting only 3.5 grams, or half, of the protein.

It’s all in the preparation. If you’re frying your eggs in saturated-fat-laden butter and serving them with saturated-fat-laden bacon — they will have a negative impact on your cholesterol levels. Instead, heat olive oil on low heat in a cast-iron skillet to cook your egg the healthiest way. When cooking omelets, frittatas, or any other dish that involves a larger quantity of eggs, I like to use a mix of whole eggs with egg whites. The reason is that whole eggs do have a decent amount of fat. So, if you’re cooking something with more than two eggs, I recommend subbing in egg whites for some of the whole eggs.

One large egg has roughly 186 milligrams of cholesterol — all of which is found in the egg’s yolk. Since dietary cholesterol was once thought to be the major cause of unhealthy blood cholesterol, egg yolks have been demonized and health nuts stick to eating strictly egg whites. Now, don’t get me wrong — egg whites are a great, healthy source of protein, but there is definitely room for WHOLE eggs in a healthy diet. As long as you haven’t been advised otherwise by your doctor , you can enjoy the many nutritional benefits of a whole egg. So, yes, you can have an egg and eat the yolk too ! Here are a few reasons why.

The real threat to high cholesterol is saturated and trans fats, not dietary cholesterol. Years ago, when scientists learned that high blood cholesterol was associated with heart disease, foods high in cholesterol were thought to be the leading cause of unhealthy blood cholesterol. Now, 25 years later, scientists have come to the conclusion that cholesterol in food is not the true villain — saturated and trans fats have a much greater effect on blood cholesterol. Your body actually needs the cholesterol in meat and eggs to make testosterone, which helps to increase energy and helps to build more calorie-building muscle. In fact, one study at the University of Connecticut found that the fat in egg yolks actually helps to reduce LDL (“bad” cholesterol). So banish the old notion that an egg, specifically the yolk, is hazardous to your health. According to the American Heart Association, the recommended limit of dietary cholesterol is 300 milligrams for people with normal LDL (bad) cholesterol levels — and one egg contains 185 milligrams of dietary cholesterol. (If you have a history of high cholesterol or heart disease in your family, though, you may want to consult your doctor about how to limit your cholesterol intake.)

Whole eggs are full of beneficial vitamins and minerals. Whole eggs are a nearly perfect food, with almost every essential vitamin and mineral our bodies need to function. It is one of the few natural food sources of vitamin D and contains 7 grams of high-quality protein. Whole eggs are also full of omega-3 fatty acids and deliver many of the B vitamins and nutrients — B6, B12, riboflavin, folate, and choline — that, in fact, are believed to help prevent heart disease. L-arginine, an amino acid found in eggs, is critical to the body's production of protein and the release of growth hormones. Another amino acid found in eggs, leucine, also helps the body produce growth hormones as well as regulate blood sugar levels. The yolk itself contains most of these vitamins and minerals, plus half of its protein. When you eat only the egg whites, you’re missing out on all of these nutritional benefits and are getting only 3.5 grams, or half, of the protein.

It’s all in the preparation. If you’re frying your eggs in saturated-fat-laden butter and serving them with saturated-fat-laden bacon — they will have a negative impact on your cholesterol levels. Instead, heat olive oil on low heat in a cast-iron skillet to cook your egg the healthiest way. When cooking omelets, frittatas, or any other dish that involves a larger quantity of eggs, I like to use a mix of whole eggs with egg whites. The reason is that whole eggs do have a decent amount of fat. So, if you’re cooking something with more than two eggs, I recommend subbing in egg whites for some of the whole eggs.

Great response thanks pesty! I like to use coconut oil too, very yummy AND healthy :)

As you state Pesty if cooking ur eggs in olive or coconut make sure it is a low heat. If you fry ur eggs with a high heat situation the oils have the abilities to become carcinogenic. . Great reads sir.. thankyou..pro

THANK YOU PESTY!!! People hear "eggs" and "cholesterol" , and due to their unintentional ignorance, they think it will 'clog' your arteries. Actually your heart, eyes, and brain NEED cholesterol. Ive been eating whole/ organic eggs for years. I have my cardiologist order an ultrasound of my carotid artery, and there is NO atherosclerotic plaque.
Anyway, most people dont know.....but 'burn centers' where people were severely burned for one reason or another. Do you know what the docs there do? They give them 20-25 hard boiled eggs a day, BECAUSE THEY KNOW cholesterol helps build up cells in the body. This whole CHOLESTEROL MYTH, which has been disproven by credible docs.....was fabricated by big Pharma and its Washington lobbyists, to market and prescribe cholesterol lowering drugs, which in fact are horrible drugs. Thanks for bringing some truth here.....that SCARES the average person.

Also, people eating only egg whites can develop egg allergy. Usually people allergic to eggs are allergic to the egg white a not the yolk. Eat your yolk raw.

There's very little evidence, aside from very short-term studies, that show that saturated fats have a negative effect on cholesterol levels or CVD risk.

Just a few meta-analysis papers.

Association of dietary, circulating, and supplement fatty acids with coronary risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis. - PubMed - NCBI

Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Dietary intake of saturated fatty acids and mortality from cardiovascular disease in Japanese: the Japan Collaborative Cohort Study for Evaluation ... - PubMed - NCBI

I know. I saw those studies and they recently changed the views. However, Walter Willet, MD chair of nutrtition at Harvard School of public Health is not convinced with those studies, along with other top researchers. American Heart Association is not changing their dietary guidelines stance either. They recommend unsaturated fats and healthy eating habits.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass