over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Longevity - Life Extension

cac3071

Registered
I was put on TRT at 33 after experiencing symptoms of Low T. My endo has me on 100mg 1 x week. This scares me a little since being on any drug for the next 50 years has to have some negatives.

So what I would like input on is what type of diet, training and supplements (not gear) and other lifestyle factors support living a long and healthy life? Lets assume that the goal is to maintain muscle mass so no extreme caloric restriction or anything like that. Have any of the vets here done any extensive research on this? I am thinking Dante, Mountain Dog, Phil and other guys post 35+ who may now be as interested in overall health as they once were in gaining muscle mass.

Thanks

I'm recently 30 and also put on hrt a month ago and now I find myself wondering all the same things as you. It's as if once the twenties are over, being huge at all costs becomes less important, while quality and longevity of life become very important. Great thread topic, ill be checking this one out over the next few days ;)

I'm recently 30 and also put on hrt a month ago and now I find myself wondering all the same things as you. It's as if once the twenties are over, being huge at all costs becomes less important, while quality and longevity of life become very important. Great thread topic, ill be checking this one out over the next few days ;)

glad to hear this. I have kids (and want to have another) so for me health is number one. Hoping we get some good input here from the vets.

I would keep an eye on bloodwork, such as your endo prescribes. If blood work is good, then that is a start. Everyone's "normal ranges" are different. Some doctor's don't get that. We are all a little different from eachother, that is a no brainer.

If you exercise, have a good diet, keep BP and weight under control and get your yearly checks, etc. it's really all you can do. You could be the absolute perfect specimen of health and get hit by a car or, next year, get diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. In my field I have seen perfectly healthy people that were working and raising kids, find a lump, start chemo and die in 6 months...

I would say reduce risk but nothing is for sure except death and taxes and none of us knows when those things will happen. My Great Grandpa died at 96 and survived a war, smoked, drank and ate fatty foods all his life. He loved life though and always worked up until his 90s.

Hard to tell. Risk reduction is a good starting point. Without the endogenous testosterone you are getting, there would be health consequences also, that is one way to look at it!:)

Hope that helps a little bro!

Em

I was put on TRT at 33 after experiencing symptoms of Low T. My endo has me on 100mg 1 x week. This scares me a little since being on any drug for the next 50 years has to have some negatives.

So what I would like input on is what type of diet, training and supplements (not gear) and other lifestyle factors support living a long and healthy life? Lets assume that the goal is to maintain muscle mass so no extreme caloric restriction or anything like that. Have any of the vets here done any extensive research on this? I am thinking Dante, Mountain Dog, Phil and other guys post 35+ who may now be as interested in overall health as they once were in gaining muscle mass.

Thanks
Well I’m no expert…. But I can tell you since I’ve changed my diet it’s changed my life so diet is number one for me… next is sleep proper rest and next maybe supplementation there’s a list I could go on forever w supplements my main ones are fish oil 4000mg day CoQ10 and the list goes on and at last Cardiovascular which I need more of… I don’t think it’s that hard to live a long good life w these basic things, your going to have people chime in w a small novel on how to live forever which is awesome but for me it’s basic IMO lol

It appears that the more moderate people are in all areas of life throughout their whole life the longer their chance of living is. Being a big bodybuilder is not really conducive to that. Smaller people live longer.

krill oil, fish oil, curcumin, not eating processed foods/sugar (this IMO is the biggest one), walks in nature

Well I’m no expert…. But I can tell you since I’ve changed my diet it’s changed my life so diet is number one for me… next is sleep proper rest and next maybe supplementation there’s a list I could go on forever w supplements my main ones are fish oil 4000mg day CoQ10 and the list goes on and at last Cardiovascular which I need more of… I don’t think it’s that hard to live a long good life w these basic things, your going to have people chime in w a small novel on how to live forever which is awesome but for me it’s basic IMO lol

The OP made this thread 10 years ago. He was last here in August '21 so he may check in and see it. No problem in adding to it, just pointing out it's not a recent thread.

Old thread created before metformin was as popular as it is now but I think we could add that to the list of things that aid in longevity…

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws