over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LOOK AT THIS INCREDIBLE NEWS!

good idea...break it down by division

here we go

AFC
East-New England...improved defense with the addition of Rodney harrison and Rosey Colvin

North-Pittsburgh...Cleveland lost it's entire linebacking corp...Pitt by default

South-Tennessee...Steve McNair and Eddie George with a nice defense...Colts can't stop anyone

West-Kansas City...Priest Holmes is the best player in the NFL and an improved D...Oakland is as gray as their logo

NFC
East-New York...Philly letting Hugh Douglas go is going to kill them and Duce Staley's holdout isn't helping either

North-Green Bay...Favre and Ahman Green are an excellent backfield, loss of Vonnie Holliday and Big Gilbert Brown will hurt D though

South-Tampa Bay...enough said...Falcons and Saints are not complete teams

West-San Francisco...Loss of Mooch will hurt, but TO should be happier...Kurt Warner will never be the same player in St. Louis.

That's what JBK thinks

GO BEARS

ya

At least we agree on the NFC....But New York??? C'mon man they ain't stopping the Eagles....Duce will be back. The secondary is sick too.

hugh douglas being gone will hurt them. unless donovan has another spectacular year and stays healthy they will not win the division.

HMMM

OK some of you guys actually know something but we shall see . Mooch was my guy hated to see him go but maybe with the new coach our offense will open up some. I was hoping Emmit would have come out here but oh well was not to be.

You guys better stop dissing my teams though because in twenty years my little boy will be drafted out of ND and be wearing Joe's number.

Josh I wonder about me too don't worry.

Oh yea SCREW THE RAIDER NATION!:D

Last edited:
Ivan, a big part of Philly's secondary was nickel back Al Harris. He is now a Packer. They also lost Blaine Bishop, I can't remember who their new strong safety is. I'll agree that Troy Vinvent and Bobby Taylor are outstanding corners, but one thing that made them so effective was the fact that the Eagles D got to the QB so often. A big part of that was Hugh Douglas. I look at the Eagles to be a Wild Card team...10-6. Even if Duce comes back, he's never healthy for a whole season. Buckhalter might even be a better back. By the way...Brian Dawkins is the SHIT!!!

The Giants Offense is going to be tough. With Collins, Barber, Shockey and Toomer. They'll put up alot of points. Also with Will Allen, William Petersen and Strahan on Defense....mark my words, the Giants will be tough.

I like to think I know my stuff, I played in college and (not bragging) I was given the compliment by an ex-NFL running back that I was the smartest player he ever coached. I have a good understanding of the game, I spend most of my Falls yelling at my 51" HDTV becasue most of the analysts don't know their dicks from their ass.

JBK

We are very similar at the yelling at the tv MINE is a 6i incher hee hee! Sometimes I am appaled at the idiotic comments they make -- although I do like listening to Warren Moon. He really breaks down offenses and give you a different angles to look at the game... I am a big time football guy myself and I am majoring in Sports science -- with an emphasis on sports journalism/anaylsis. I like to think I know the game pretty well myself and If I did not wrestle I would have played fb in college as well. It really is an awesome game, so many factors and reads etc...

I agree the Giants look TOUGH but Mcnabb is a man who has a REAL desire to win, when he is injury free he jerks defenses all over the place -- picking them apart. I agree losing Douglas was very bad, he had a large role there.
BTW -- I Love Shockey -- I like his agressiveness. Tough player, good hands too.

I like Collins but he strikes me as a guy that is a bit streaky and perhaps the O line plays a part there in his situation...

Now the Colts ARE gonna be tough you shall see.... Manning is the man to do it... I liked his style in Tennesee and he has to be one of the best passing QB's out there. James is a horse too...

I have to agree with you on McNabb...the man is a warrior. He had his best passing of his career on a broken ankle! But their D is predicated on pressuring the QB...I don't see it happening. We'll see in about 20 weeks (ear to ear smile...FOOTBALL SEASON)

I'm not a huge Kerry Collins fan, but look at his numbers the last couple years...pretty impressive.

The Colts...ahhh...I think Peyton Manning is spineless...he chokes. Edgerrin James is awesome when healthy, we'll see how healthy he is this year. But they have no D. I watched my Bears tear them up on the ground this saturday and the Bears ground attack is anemic at best. I know it was preseason, but the run game is the run game, no matter what game they're playing. Also, Marvin Harrison has taken alot of hits the last few years...we'll see how he holds up.

Yep

I still like manning though -- a purebred passing QB -- not a toughguy like Steve Young or Favre but good. The more and more I think about the Giants I actually see what you are saying....they are looking tough...

Would love to sit and watch a good monday night Fb game with you and Fatty....
Another thing on Atlanta --- this is a team with attitude and athletes... If they get their shit straight they will be a contender. I love watching Vik -- talk about talent...has a laser-cannon arm to go with blinding speed...an upgraded Randall Cunningham ya?
Dave W. SEEMED like a good coach at 1st in chicago, but then we all saw the results... I like Urlacher too. I just like attitude AKA Romanowski --- I would pick him over just about any linebacker....not over a Seau or Brooks though... Let's talk about Miami though as you have to agree somewhat that they have the weapons to succeed....I think Williams is the best back out there, reminds me very much of Bo Jackson, (even have the same #) I think with each year he is learning more and more. Fast recievers, and a SICKENING Defense....whatcha think?

Also wanted to mention Steve Mcnair, he in my eyes is THE toughest QB (shit if not player) playing the game today....I wish Eddie would run hungry again too. And if I am going to mention the Titans let me not forget about J. Kearse and Lance Shulters!

Ps --- hey Fatty I was born in SF and was the BIGGEST SF fan for years.... I still like them a lot only I am a Seahawks fan too (ya I know laugh, laugh) and I feel sorry for them ---- the niners AND the Rams in their division. I will be pulling for them this year but in all honesty it is going to take a lot for them to go to the SB. BUT they do have a team that can do it.
LAters! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
All right ...... you guys impress me ![I have played a liitle ball myself] and you fellas definately have a great knowlege of the game.I usually can't talk football with people because being an ex-NFLer most people don't relate to the game the same way that I do .But I will say that I agree with my bro Ivan on everything he has said except with the exception of the Browns.I think the steelers are a little too tough for them.Fathead the 49ers have a very good team[I was at thier playoff game vs. the Giants,where they got lucky],but thier thier failure to upgrade thier secondary this off-season will hurt them in the post season.I think the Eagales will be the best team in football during the regular season.I think the dolphins and bucs will have the best defenses again.And watch the Vikings and Rams to look unstopable at times ,but get killed by thier inconsistancy.The team to watch as a surprise, is Ivan's Seahawks.They may even make the playoffs.Mark my words on this one guys.As for the college game look for Auburn.They have the best linebackers in the country as well as the deepest runningbacks,they should do very well. Auburn will have a shot at the national title ,and dont forget about the Sooners, they will be very tough this year as well.

Last edited:
Notre Dame and Ohio State

Hahahaha! How about that smack in the grill my Wolfpack laid on them last year? The Fighting Irish have a long way to go in my opinion.

Ohio State? maybe - NC State plays them in the third game this year. I can hardly wait. - CH

Badman-I know it's been awhile since you played, but the Seahawks are in the NFC now, not the AFC ;) I'll let it slide...lol...Matt Hasslebach has alot to prove...if he can put it together the Seahawks will be tough..Alexander is a hell of a RB as well. Also with Shawn Springs and Marcus Trufant at the corners...they have alot of talent on that team.

Miami's D will be tough, I love their corners, but they lost their starting D tackle (Bowens) and Seau is SLOW. He got smoked in the preseason game by some RB, can't remember who they played. It was a simple flare into the flats and Jr. looked like Sr. I'm a big Ricky Williams fan, he's a stud, but Jay Fiedler...COME ON. Their receivers aren't exactly world class either. James McWho...Orande Gadsen?!?

Philly, he he he...my boy Sean Salisbury agrees with me...they will struggle to make the playoffs. They have no receivers either. Not one receiver on that team has had a 1000 yeard season. If Freddie Mitchell can put it together, they could put some points up.

As far as Minnesota...I liked them until Bennett went down. He's a burner and hurts alot of teams with his speed, but he could be out the entire season. That kills their running game. Their D should be somewhat improved.

I agree with Auburn...Cadillac Williams, when healthy is a STUD.

No love for KC?...potential Super Bowl team fellas!

Jawbreaker, Ha !Ha!Ha!....Thanks for making me feel old as well as stupid.You got me on that one,but thanks for the heads up.You are right that dolphins do not have the right QB's to go to the superbowl.Niether guy is solid under pressure consistantly.Right now in the NFL you can win by playing great defense [ie..bucs and ravens]and have an average QB.Just as long as he is does not make mistakes and understands how stay with in himself.The Chiefs may have enough to sneak past the Raiders, that is actually a good call, as see them slipping this year.But I think Trent Green is very inconsistant and it has yet be seen if Preist holmes is back to being the player he was[but,man he is good]before getting hurt.If thier defense plays well and they can run the ball, then they will definately be a threat.I still think Gannon sepperates the two teams.He is amazingly well prepared and just dinks teams to death until he finds a mismatch.His quick release and good feet keep him healthy.I think he is really the only difference between the two teams.When it comes to the Eagales, I think they are very solid team,with great depth at QB and RB.Thier defense has very good team speed and they match up well against the Giants.And I am not sold on Collins either.[very streaky]And I can't believe as bright as you guys are that nobody here is mentioning the Steelers.If Maddox stays healthy and settles down a bit[which he should]they will be a super bowl contender once again.

Last edited:
Oh one last thing..... Watch for rookie Onterio Smith on the Vikings to have a break out season replacing the injured Bennet.The kid has the quickness and vision it takes to be special in the league.[I have been watching him since he was in high school ,played on the same high school team as N.O.reciever Donte Stallworth .I tried to recruit both of them to my old stomping grounds but failed misserably.I guess I wasn't gangster enough for them.LOL!]But if the kid can grow up [thinks he is a thug]he can make an impact .He was a steal in the 4th rd.You would not believe the talent that comes of my area .Pros every year in football and baseball.But so many never make it because they are either lazy or want to be gangsters.Ray Caruth was from here as well[the panther that had his girl murdered] I used help him out over the summers .What a waste of talent ,he was special but got caught trying to be a thug.If Onterio can keep it together, then look for him to do some good things this year.

I wanted the Bears to take Onterrio Smith in the 3rd round...but no, they take Brock Forsey in the 6th to address their RB situation. Smith was a stud at Tennessee and Oregon.

The Steelers have a tough D and their receivers are gooood, but Amos Z as a starting back in the NFL? He was a stud at WVU, but this is not the Big East. Unless Bettis can hit the fountain of youth, the Steelers ground game will suffer. Their pass defense needs a big upgrade as well, we'll see how this safety from USC does for them. Didn't see much of SC this year to commment on him. If you notice though badman...I did pick the Steelers to win the division.

I almost forgot...Onterrio may not even start this year...Bennett's backup, Doug Chapman is a solid back. He could eclipse 1000 yards this year. But Smith could be this years Clinton Portis.

the bears will not have a thousand yard rusher b/c they will always be playing catch up and having to throw the ball.

catch up? The bears have alot of talent, it's just too far spread out. Of course Urlacher is a stud, but he lacks the instincts and kill mentality of a Ray Lewis, but he makes up for that in athleticism. Their D will be solid. Alex Brown at right d end and Ted Washington at the tackle make a nice line. Warrick Holdman and Urlacher are both pro-bowl caliber, but Brian Knight is a big pass rushing safety playing OLB (if that makes sense). Mike Brown at free safety is a big time playmaker, he has a nose for the ball. RW McQuarters is a pro-bowl caliber CB when healthy and Jerry Azumah is serviceable. Their strong safety, Mike Green...SUCKS! On O...the thing that kills them is their Tackles. Their interior line is up their with the best of the league. But they could possibly have the worse tackle combo in the NFL. This is why they got Kordell Stewart. With the defensive ends on his ass, Kordell's speed allows him to break contain and gain big chunks on the ground. The Bears will have a 1K rusher...most likely Anthony Thomas. As long as they pound it up the middle they'll be fine. To go outside they'll have to run alot of tosses and sweeps to get around the d ends. With big receivers like Booker and Terrell and the speed of Dez White, they actually have a pretty dynamic offense. I just hope Kordell can get them the ball.

Mr. Breaker you need your own show !LoL! .....Very good stuff my friend.I like the bears alot .I actually was with the bears at one time.[for about a hour and half.....lol ...I failed the physical ...after the jets released me...Hey,but I got $176bucks and spent a night in Chicago, after my agent and the IRS I think made 90bucks for my last hurah in the NFL...sad but true....If they only had a knee replacement that really worked.....ha!ha!Then I might still banging some heads......Shit MR. Breaker you might even be talking about me on this board, instead of me talking about my has -been ass....LOL!LOL!The bears are a crap shoot ,could be tough this year .My opinion is that they lack too much team speed.They have good solid players ,but they don't scare anybody.And A-train while he is the type of runner I like [north /south and hard nosed]He takes too many hits .In the NFL ,those kind of backs just kind of wear out .I am curious to see how Ricky Williams holds up this .I haven't see too many big buiser backs hold up for very long in that league.The shiftybacks usually are more consistant and have longer carreers.And TroyP.for the steelers plays the same position that I used to .He will to do great things if can stay healthy.He throws his body around and is a play maker.If he stays healthy he will do very well...

my own show...that would be something else!!! It's actually what I went to school for (besides playing ball), but the money starting out isn't there...sports are my true love in life though. It frustrates me, sometimes I feel like I'm better suited for sports journalism/broadcasting than 99% of the people currently in the field, but I would have to give up alot to take a starting salary in that field. Also, I don't know if they want a 5'9" 250 thug like me on TV...lol

As far as A-Train...his rookie year he was pretty elusive, wasn't a real bruiser. He had nimble feet and never took any real big shots. But the Bears O-line was ravaged with injuries and he couldn't even get to the hole without taking a shot. I think with the holes opened up for him he's a perennial 1200 yard rusher and good for 8-10 td's. I'm pretty high on Adrian Peterson, he's a second year guy out of Georgia Southern, and also the leading rusher in NCAA history. He's big and quick, hits the hole with reckless abandon. I think he could be a big time back...anyone that ran for 100 yards 36 games in a row has to be special, even if he did play in D-IAA.

Troy P. lol...I wasn't about to try spelling his name

their wideouts are pretty good but i do not feel they have anyone to get them the ball consistently. losing rosie colvin hurt them a bit defensively but i am biased being my former teammate. but the QB position has and will be a major problem this year for them. enough bout the shitty bearslol

if you were there when Colvin was you must have played with Leo Perez...I worked with him one summer while I was in college...that guys something else...lol

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner