advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Look bigger to yourself in pictures than in the mirror?

I was about to say,,,alot of us bodybuilders have this disorder. I know I tend to never be 100% pleased but people make comments about my great condition that I just dont see myself.

you are lucky , the repeating comments I get is...my cousin/ brother/nephew/ neighbor.... is bigger than you and leaner. seems like every one knows someone bigger and absolutely have to tell me that..

lol wow. the responses on here can speak volumes about the posters self perception and ego or lack of ego. ive always wondered why smaller guys sit there and stare at themselves in the mirror when theyre not that big, now i know.

I've seen that far too much with the small guys. It's really ironic, the big guys see themselves as small and the small guys look at themselves and think they're huge.

There's a guy that goes to my gym that I've known for a while and this dude has a big ego when it comes to his own perception of his size and leanness or rather the lack of both. The guy looks like crap, plain and simple. He's been working out for over 3 years and looks like an average guy that never lifts weights, but by the way he acts, you can tell that to himself he looks big and lean and I don't know how the hell he sees it. :confused:

I've seen that far too much with the small guys. It's really ironic, the big guys see themselves as small and the small guys look at themselves and think they're huge.

There's a guy that goes to my gym that I've known for a while and this dude has a big ego when it comes to his own perception of his size and leanness or rather the lack of both. The guy looks like crap, plain and simple. He's been working out for over 3 years and looks like an average guy that never lifts weights, but by the way he acts, you can tell that to himself he looks big and lean and I don't know how the hell he sees it. :confused:

I honestly see a fat skinny guy and as I type thismesaage I am wondering if my arms are shrinking

so true. some mirrors are better than others. but how about this problem.
taking measurements every day in case you're getting smalller.
i mean every single fuckin day. morning and at night.
now thats an unhealthy obsession there. i know it, and still i do it.

mirrors are differnt and make you look differnet

I hear what you are saying.....the other night at the gym I was training delts and I started peeking in the mirror at my calves....I thought that my calves looked better in another mirror....so I stepped over to the next mirror and sure enough they appeared to look different.

Thought it was in my head, but it sounds like others here feel the same way.

Certain mirrors can change your appearance.....just my .02.

Last edited:
For me when i look in the mirror without my glasses i look bigger and when i put my glasses on i look smaller so i dont know what my true size is so i just accept the smaller guy when i have my glasses on.I always look bigger in photos or video but i have heard that the camera adds 10lb to what you really look like,i mean who the hell knows.

you are lucky , the repeating comments I get is...my cousin/ brother/nephew/ neighbor.... is bigger than you and leaner. seems like every one knows someone bigger and absolutely have to tell me that..

Ha... totally. When I used to manage a shop I had loads say that. Nothing to start conversation. Just look at me and say your like my boyfriend but he is abit bigger than you.

Funny story but a woman once said that regarding her husband. Saying he was bulking up and but didn't need to cos he was already huge. He looked like me but was much bigger etc. I am by no means huge but at the time about 225 at 6ft 2 and low bf (8% or so). She was after a protein for him. She said he wanted to bulk up more but kept picking up just an isolate. So I said it would be good to get some powdered oats and she should put them in with it . I found it weird cos she said he was in another shop... so not like it was a surprise present for him. Anyway in walks some guy about 5ft 8 and 215 and about 20% bf.

ive come to realize the word bigger =fatter to most people who dont really workout

The key is to have your pic taken with average size people. I once had a pic of me taken with a bunch of OL football players. God I felt like a twig for weeks after that.....

The key is to have your pic taken with average size people. I once had a pic of me taken with a bunch of OL football players. God I felt like a twig for weeks after that.....

get your pic taken next to snooki.:)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity