advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Look bigger to yourself in pictures than in the mirror?

dece870717

Banned
Was googling something like "why do i look so different to myself in pictures than i do in the mirror" and i started thinking about how different my body size looks compared to when i see myself in the mirror to when I see myself in a picture. Even though at my height/weight/bodyfat I would be considered to be a pretty big/lean guy and I get that from people when they see me/tell me, when I see myself in the mirror I really don't look all that big or impressive at all. But then I'd see a picture of me at the beach or something, I look at it and say "damn is that how people see me?" :eek:

Anybody get this too? Or a reverse case of it, like looking bigger in the mirror than you do in a picture?

I am the reverse.... look bigger in the mirror than I do in pics.

haha.....i tried to read your post
but i got a headache instead

i'll try to read it again later

sorry

:eek:

Was googling something like "why do i look so different to myself in pictures than i do in the mirror" and i started thinking about how different my body size looks compared to when i see myself in the mirror to when I see myself in a picture. Even though at my height/weight/bodyfat I would be considered to be a pretty big/lean guy and I get that from people when they see me/tell me, when I see myself in the mirror I really don't look all that big or impressive at all. But then I'd see a picture of me at the beach or something, I look at it and say "damn is that how people see me?" :eek:

Anybody get this too? Or a reverse case of it, like looking bigger in the mirror than you do in a picture?

exactly the same for me. in the mirror im still 132 not 232

Completely. It all begins with the menality many of us have... we are never big enough. We see something different. Bodybuilders are some of the most insecure people around. I am not huge by this forums standards but currently about 238. But I am tall too so I am huge compared to the average. I was at my mates dads bday last night and everyone was taking photos and when I look at them I do think exactly the same as you.

In pictures you have objects and other people that allows your eyes to put your size into perpective in the mirror its just you.

Tenny- lol i feel a little sick thinking about this question too.

Reminds me of zoolander when he does that you know i know that you know talk. Lol
Well got a headache now great.

I always look better in the mirror and than when I see pics i look small.

I am the reverse.... look bigger in the mirror than I do in pics.

I'm the same. I always think I look terrible in pictures. I always feel like I have some sort of dementia when I shop for clothes. I'll pick up a XL or XXL shirt and think that's WAY to big for me, but when I put it on it fits nice and snug. It's kinda freaky to see how far off my perception is from reality...or maybe I'm not used to being big and don't really have the scale ingrained in my head...

with dieting down I feel like a little girl..and I keep asking my wife..is this guy bigger than me now? she just laughs... in the pics I do not look as small as I do feel now.
I think we are all a..bit.. obsessive.:eek:

Bigorexia. Body dysmorphia. We all bodybuild for a reason.

This might seem weird, but whenever I get drunk (very, very infrequently), I look much bigger to myself than when I'm sober. I think it's because I partially lose my ego or something when drunk, so I can see my body for what it actually is (instead of too small compared to what I want it to be). IDK.

I have a similar problem.

I look the same in the mirror.

I look the same in photographs.

I look a little bigger when i see my reflection in the sliding glass door.

I look a little bigger than that right after i wax my car and I see myself when the light hits it just right.

I look a little bigger than that when I take a cell phone picture in dim lighting of my reflection in the mirror at just the right angle in my bathroom.

Can you follow????? Tenny, how does that head feel now????

In pics I look tiny but in the mirror I think I look way better.. I think some of us are just way too self critical honestly. Its probably half the reason we body build in the first place. Part gift part curse

I'm the same. I always think I look terrible in pictures. I always feel like I have some sort of dementia when I shop for clothes. I'll pick up a XL or XXL shirt and think that's WAY to big for me, but when I put it on it fits nice and snug. It's kinda freaky to see how far off my perception is from reality...or maybe I'm not used to being big and don't really have the scale ingrained in my head...

Same way here. I pick up a medium t shirt and think "i can fit this." Its like when i pick up the shirt, i think my body is only this big.

Then i end up buying a large or XL for a perfect fit. Lol!!!

It's been that way for me since I've started bodybuilding more than 40 years ago. BDS Body Dysmorphic Syndrome aka BIG-orexia. In pictures I'm big, in the mirror I'm small.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

lol I think I am the opposite, I look at myself and I feel huge but in reality I am 6'1 215 at around 9 percent bodyfat which is tiny based on this and other bb forums standards.

i think mirrors are deffirent
its like when you see your face,sometimes look bloody ugly and sometimes allright
but the picture is more specific
i look fuckin small and ugly in both anyways
doesnt make diffenrence to me lol

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members