advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking back. Was it really worth it? The health, money, time you spent in this game.

Wonder if anyone thinks Shawn Rhoden passing away at 46 is also very odd???

What does anyone know about Shawn Rhoden's or any other deceased bodybuilders lifestyle, present or past? Shawn Rhoden was an alcoholic at one time. He was very distraught about his fathers passing and became an alcoholic. What about rec drug use with those that have passed, unchecked high BP, etc? Too many bodybuilders have admitted they never tracked their BP or did much of anything in the way of checking health markers.

Look at Kali Muscle. He had a 100% blockage and had a heart attack. How many of us have friends or family members, not on AAS who have had blockages and had stents put in or bypass surgery? I chronicled my friends story about this in my Calcium CT thread. I'm not saying AAS are entirely safe, not by any means. I just think there are many other things in a persons history that need to be known before we jump to the conclusion that it was bodybuilding drugs alone!

What does anyone know about Shawn Rhoden's or any other deceased bodybuilders lifestyle, present or past? Shawn Rhoden was an alcoholic at one time. He was very distraught about his fathers passing and became an alcoholic. What about rec drug use with those that have passed, unchecked high BP, etc? Too many bodybuilders have admitted they never tracked their BP or did much of anything in the way of checking health markers.

Look at Kali Muscle. He had a 100% blockage and had a heart attack. How many of us have friends or family members, not on AAS who have had blockages and had stents put in or bypass surgery? I chronicled my friends story about this in my Calcium CT thread. I'm not saying AAS are entirely safe, not by any means. I just think there are many other things in a persons history that need to be known before we jump to the conclusion that it was bodybuilding drugs alone!
One thing nobody's mentioning is that, per Chris Aceto, Rhoden was around 300lbs. at the Olympia this year - his all-time biggest at 46 years old. We all know how dangerous those high bodyweights become as we age.

Look at Kali Muscle. He had a 100% blockage and had a heart attack. How many of us have friends or family memberso, not on AAS who have had blockages and had stents put in or bypass surgery? I chronicled my friends story about this in my Calcium CT thread. I'm not saying AAS are entirely safe, not by any means. I just think there are many other things in a persons history that need to be known before we jump to the conclusion that it was bodybuilding drugs alone!

I agree. Genetics, diet, etc all play a critical role. I think we can all agree just because you look great on the outside doesn't mean you are healthy inside. All of us should do very regular blood work and not be scared of the high co pays if your doc wants tests done.

I heard that Rhoden would have the trial in a few weeks, could the stress have been about that.

It certainly wouldn't help. What I'm referring to in some of my posts is cumulative trauma. We rush to blaming it all on AAS and ancillaries but there are many other things genetics, rec drugs, stress and the list goes on.

I think it would be most important to find out the underlying cause that lead to it bis heart problem....blockage vs endocarditis vs cardiomyopathy, etc. Then, once that is known, then it can be narrowed down a little more.

Is this part known yet?

I have to wonder with some gyms being closed at times over the last year+. and guys not being able to train, and the stress that can cause some, as well as sitting around. Then getting back to the gym and trying to get back to where they were if not bigger then ever in a short time and what that all could lead to.

I have to wonder with some gyms being closed at times over the last year+. and guys not being able to train, and the stress that can cause some, as well as sitting around. Then getting back to the gym and trying to get back to where they were if not bigger then ever in a short time and what that all could lead to.
Great point. When they got back to training again, after losing a noticeable amount of size, would they push the PEDs higher to make up for the loss? In reality it should be the opposite if you've been off hard training and higher doses. One should start back slow and build up again that way, because that will minimize the stress to the body.

Definitely not the way I went about it. Major mistakes made and plenty of time that I can never get back. Should have chose a different path. That being said there was 10 year span where I was I was an absolute maniacal beast, those were some good times. But overall was it worth it? Nope
I always like your honest replies, BaldNazi!

I don’t regret the bodybuilding lifestyle 100%, but I wish I hadn’t wasted as much time in the gym and pursued other important things in my 20s. I never really got big, 230 lean at 5’11 is nothing nowadays. I never wanted to push the gas too hard though, pretty much a gram a week in total AAS for 5 years on and off, cruising and blasting. Now I’ve lost a lot of weight and am still lean, but don’t get comments anymore. I’m still vascular and lean and love lifting, but it’s not my life anymore. I love I can run with my kid and play with her all day while the parents are sitting on the bench tired as hell from the slightest activity. I just want to be healthy and look athletic at this point, and honestly I could’ve done that and stayed natural. Also nice to be able to have sex nowadays without turning purple in the face and sweating profusely after 5 mins

Yeah I was the same way a lot of people see how big we are and they think we’re assholes on them and they realize you’re a good guy it’s a game changer but I won’t lie in my early years I ran through hundreds of women even before I started bodybuilding I’ve been in the Marine Corps our goal is to try and fuck three or four different girls every weekend and we were pretty successful at it and yeah I’m at my wife in 2010 and she’s rocksolid and we’ve been together for 11 years now and we’re going to have a son in February and that took a lot of work by our relationship never strain but she’s like the opposite of me she’s only been with a handful of guys and her whole life doesnt Kast doesnt drink which I don’t drink anymore but I did when I was younger doesn’t party you know all the things I did when I was younger she’s never Done the only thing I don’t like is that she’s not that into the bodybuilding thing which is respectable because it means she loves me for who I am but sometime she doesn’t realize that who I am is bodybuilding and so caring about it a little more would matter but yeah when I was single before her I was never really single always had like three or four chics I can’t think of very many nights I slept alone and I’m sure that’s because being bodybuilders we tend to need to get attention and needing you know sex and affirmation which is fine that’s how we are built might as well be good with how your made
dude u wrote this entire fucking wall of text without a single period or any punctuation at all lololol 🤣🤣🤣

i regret nothing! in the end i will have to pay the piper and so be it. I did it my way and i loved every second of it.

I know I would have never caught my wife's eye if I hadn't lived this lifestyle. She is a great person, but there has to be a physical attraction to bridge that gap and let someone in... to get to know them. 2 kids and 13 years later I have no regrets. Not about her... the family we have built together... nor the path I took to get here.

Career wise it didn't hurt either. I am not wealthy, but have a great/fulfilling career where I am internationally acknowledged as a leader in my field. It has brought me a reasonable measure of financial comfort. But getting up every morning and not dreading what your day has in store for you is priceless.

dude u wrote this entire fucking wall of text without a single period or any punctuation at all lololol 🤣🤣🤣
Yea I was driving it was voice to text

I love bodybuilding but IMO it wasn't worth it. I used too much tren over the past 10 years and recently had a stent put in. Never even thought about my heart before, now it's all I think about and every little twinge or skipped beat I think "Shit, this is it, it's the big one, I'm gonna die".

The blind man was square and solid in shoulder and hip, and his britches were
cinched at the waist with a great leather belt, wide as a razor strop. He went hatless,
even in the heat, and his cropped hair was thick and grey, coarse-textured as the
bristles to a hemp brush. He sat with his head tipped down and appeared to be
somewhat in a muse, but he raised up as Inman approached, like he was really looking.
His eyelids, though, were dead as shoe leather and were sunken into puckered cups
where his eyeballs had been.

Without pausing even for salutation Inman said, Who put out your pair of eyes?

The blind man had a friendly smile on his face and he said, Nobody. I never had any.

That took Inman aback, for his imagination had worked in the belief that they
had been plucked out in some desperate and bloody dispute, some brute fraction.
Every vile deed he had witnessed lately had been at the hand of a human agent,
so he had about forgot that there was a whole other order of misfortune.

—Why did you never have any? Inman said.

—Just happened that way.

—Well, Inman said. You're mighty calm. Especially for a man that most would say
has taken the little end of the horn all his life.

The blind man said, It might have been worse had I ever been given a glimpse of
the world and then lost it.

—Maybe, Inman said. Though what would you pay right now to have your eyeballs
back for ten minutes? Plenty, I bet.

The man studied on the question. He worked his tongue around the corner of his mouth
He said, I'd not give an Indian-head cent. I fear it might turn me hateful.

—That's not the way I meant it. You said ten minutes. It's having a thing and the loss
I'm talking about.

Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear