kinglab
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking back. Was it really worth it? The health, money, time you spent in this game.

rcorchid

Registered
I'm getting into this thread kind of late but I'm disturbed that in several threads the bodybuilding is being referred to as a "game". Does this bother anyone else (I confess I have not gone thru this whole thread)? I think it says something about the view of the person referring to it as a "game" more than anything else. So I just thought of it as a lifestyle/activity, that, yes, MAY includes some supplements, dieting, etc. Dunno, just my thoughts...

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm getting into this thread kind of late but I'm disturbed that in several threads the bodybuilding is being referred to as a "game". Does this bother anyone else (I confess I have not gone thru this whole thread)? I think it says something about the view of the person referring to it as a "game" more than anything else. So I just thought of it as a lifestyle/activity, that, yes, MAY includes some supplements, dieting, etc. Dunno, just my thoughts...
Just a slang term for lifestyle as i see it.

Mike Hunt

Registered
i made a post along the same lines as this, i regret being so obssed with this sport. at the end of the day i spent WAY more money than i got in return. even winning overalls at shows, what did i get a fucking sword as a trophy but i spend thousands for that show? i never made it to the pro level so i never really saw the benefit of all the years of dumping money into this sport. no matter how high i placed at a national level show, i still never got the big win so at the end of the day i was still in the same boat as the average amatuer bodybuilder lol BUT at least i can say i spent a ton of money on drugs but i did compete 33 times in my career rather than just taking peds just to look big and never even doing a show.

Bio

Staff member
Registered
i made a post along the same lines as this, i regret being so obssed with this sport. at the end of the day i spent WAY more money than i got in return. even winning overalls at shows, what did i get a fucking sword as a trophy but i spend thousands for that show? i never made it to the pro level so i never really saw the benefit of all the years of dumping money into this sport. no matter how high i placed at a national level show, i still never got the big win so at the end of the day i was still in the same boat as the average amatuer bodybuilder lol BUT at least i can say i spent a ton of money on drugs but i did compete 33 times in my career rather than just taking peds just to look big and never even doing a show.

Yeah but there are other hobbies out there that fall along the same lines. I have friends and family that built hot rods. You dump a ton of money into it and if you ever sell it you don't recoup the amount of money you put into it. It's just a hobby you love. I have a friend who races boats (boat drags) and same thing, you do it because you love it. It's not about reaping a big financial benefit. He loves racing and competing.

Hopefully you stop regretting it and realize it's a chapter in your life and try to look back on it fondly.

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psych, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Yeah but there are other hobbies out there that fall along the same lines. I have friends and family that built hot rods. You dump a ton of money into it and if you ever sell it you don't recoup the amount of money you put into it. It's just a hobby you love. I have a friend who races boats (boat drags) and same thing, you do it because you love it. It's not about reaping a big financial benefit. He loves racing and competing.

Hopefully you stop regretting it and realize it's a chapter in your life and try to look back on it fondly.
Exactly right. Even to this day I'm grateful for what I've been able to do. I've stood on the highest place on Earth. I dove the Bloody Bay Wall (SCUBA) in the Cayman Islands. I've crawled through caves 100's of feet underground. Crossed glaciers. Carried an M4 in the desert when I was with DynCorp. Jumped out of planes. Climbed 1,000ft rock faces. Stood on the rim of an active volcano (Mt. Baker) I've done these things all over the world. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. I regret nothing.

Could I have done those things without PEDs? I truly don't know. I'm not sure I would have had the ambition req'd. I've never competed on stage. I'm actually kind of envious of this guy winning a show. What an amazing feeling that must have been! I still may try some senior level show just so I can say I did that.

I'm becoming an old man now. But I look back on my years and they were amazing times. I'm talking life-altering experience sorts of times. Almost spiritual. And it's still going. If I decide to do it, I can join a team to do a winter summit of Mt. Ranier in February. That's a $10k ascent. I believe I shall miss this planet when that day comes for me.

Doing these things, playing hard, not only did I spend a ton of $ but think of what else it cost me. Two skull fractures, compound fracture of the right humorous, shattered ribs, a punctured lung, three days in a coma on a respirator, nitrogen narcolepsy, I've broken nine of my ten fingers, three broken noses, frostbite, dysentery, torn patellar tendons, detached and dislocated shoulders, the list goes on.

I have little doubt I would have even survived this life without PEDs. It's taken a lot of PEDs, metal pins, stitches, and staples just to hold me together. 🤣

la commedia no fini

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
James1