YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking back. Was it really worth it? The health, money, time you spent in this game.

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
I am 38 and started lifting in 1998 around when Ronnie won his first Mr O. All my childhood I wanted to look like my WWF (now WWE) wrestling superstars with their cartoonish muscles and envied them because the girls chased them.

I was more of a flex magazine kind of guy until I picked up my first Muscular Development and couldn’t wait to get started on gear. Back then in the early 2000s we had a mindset that these are extremely safe compounds have been demonized by politicians and older guys like Arnold are still kicking ass so keep using as much as you like.

Now at 38 I am very lucky I did not get any severe health issues but I will be on cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the rest of my life along with small doses of testosterone since I won’t ever make a legitimate amount of testosterone naturally ever again.

I look back and I made great memories. I also spent an insane amount of money on drugs, food, supplements and luckily did not run into legal issues.

Now I look very much like a balding, fat, 38 year old man but I am much better off financially, drive a much nicer car, have a much nicer paid off house, have much better credit and I think in general even females want me for more than just a piece of meat to fuck like back in the days.

So looking back I ask myself was it really worth it and I’m not sure if the answer is such a huge YES like I would want it to be?

Do any of you gentlemen feel the same way?

I am 38 and started lifting in 1998 around when Ronnie won his first Mr O. All my childhood I wanted to look like my WWF (now WWE) wrestling superstars with their cartoonish muscles and envied them because the girls chased them.

I was more of a flex magazine kind of guy until I picked up my first Muscular Development and couldn’t wait to get started on gear. Back then in the early 2000s we had a mindset that these are extremely safe compounds have been demonized by politicians and older guys like Arnold are still kicking ass so keep using as much as you like.

Now at 38 I am very lucky I did not get any severe health issues but I will be on cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the rest of my life along with small doses of testosterone since I won’t ever make a legitimate amount of testosterone naturally ever again.

I look back and I made great memories. I also spent an insane amount of money on drugs, food, supplements and luckily did not run into legal issues.

Now I look very much like a balding, fat, 38 year old man but I am much better off financially, drive a much nicer car, have a much nicer paid off house, have much better credit and I think in general even females want me for more than just a piece of meat to fuck like back in the days.

So looking back I ask myself was it really worth it and I’m not sure if the answer is such a huge YES like I would want it to be?

Fuck no I don't feel the same! I never want to look like the average fucking American male I would rather die.
The smart people use the discipline they learn from bodybuilding and add it to other aspects of their life. Health wise it's up to YOU to take care of your health, when you are reckless then you must pay the price. We bodybuilders although we take AAS we have a far superior nutritional diet than the average American, we usually don't smoke or drink (if we do drink we do it very moderately). We usually daily take many health supplements, we exercise daily. Beside the anabolics it's a highly healthy lifestyle for the mast majority of use. Use some basic fucking common sense when using anabolics and you should for the most part live a happy, healthy, productive life.

Yea I'm not at all sorry about what I'm doing and have done. I love bodybuilding, I would be lost without it. I'm extremely careful to maintain health, and I will train my entire life, no question.
And I agree with b-boy, overall we're FAR healthier than the average american. The average American lacks discipline so badly they can't even plan meals, much less make sure they get physical activity. I'm dealing with this right now with my gf and it just blows my mind that people can live like they do. Simply incomprehensible to me.

Why can’t you be good looking and also better off financially? Actually I would much rather be broke than be a fat balding man.

While I agree with some of what you said in premise, I’m 37 I would have rather never started gear in the first place and just used other things I have more knowledge about now. The rest just sounds like you made bad decisions.

It wasn’t worth it. However, I just mean the path I took.

I wish I had the knowledge then that I have now. I could have accomplished way more with way less.

everything would have been much safer and I’d be healthier

yes. my addictive personality would have dragged me into much more destructive realms. I can trace my success in almost every part of my life to the trials I endured with bodybuilding.

For me, my body is an art project. It never had anything to do with girls, I don't think muscle size has anything to do with attracting them except in a few cases of rare ones with a muscle fetish, who wants to be wanted because of a fetish? It's all about self-improvement and personal development. I do the same thing mentally as well through other avanues. I personally think the biggest mistakes people make in bodybuilding (and probably in life) are ego-based decisions.

I don't think your cholesterol and blood pressure issues have anything to do with bodybuilding or drugs. I think they have to do with lifestyle, diet, and exercise. You could easily change that.

I never spent that much money on bodybuilding, it is rather inexpensive if done correctly.

I could care less about how nice of a car I drive, I care about how nice of a body I reside in, not because of what others think of it, but because of what I think of it.

My only regret is that I didn't learn more about nutrition earlier , I would have made way better gains with way less drugs (probably would have taken more drugs anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️)

I grew up poor as fuck so I've never let my hobbies take over my necessary bills , but I don't enjoy a lavish lifestyle as long as I'm comfortable. I hope to retire in 15 years at 60 and go back to building guns full time and continue lifting and probably still taking anabolics.

I think I'm healthier now than I would be if I had been you typical middle class white dude from south Louisiana.

From what I see, you chose and practiced this lifestyle for the wrong reasons: girls or / and outside attention.

If I had to choose where to invest my money and my energy, in myself, performance and look, or a house and a car, to hell with material goods.

For most people, "this game" is actually the most power that they ever had, control and even mastery over their appearance. That's a quite a power in this world, maybe even greater than owning &/or commanding over business and other such persuits.

Hmmmm....
first answer that comes to mind is "i dont know" lol
i get sooo tired of just taking my trt shots 2x a week, but cant imagine having low t or normal t for my age (43 yr old)
i did enjoy competing a lot. liked looking different and being in crazy good shape but over it now. its a silly thing to be so concerned about. imo if u are so worried about your outside then u r prob pretty weak on the inside.
now i just stay active and enjoy the fitness lifestyle as bbing is over for me.
i love what i am doing now. eating when i want and not forcing any food. sometimes i will wait a while to eat. sometimes skip a meal. not about being BIG anymore so i dont care. i do wanna get/stay lean tho. but whatever, i am ok with letting my physique look however it will.

YES, fi am glad i took the bb'er path. it never held me back from anything. didnt cost me much $ either. just some of my health i assume.
but bet my drinking and smoking did LOTS more damage.
being 43 yrs old i am sure i will find out in years to come sigh...

this path definitely led me to making a lot of GOOD friends. i met a guy on this board over 14 years ago and we r still friends to this day. and he hasnt posted in years.

imo if u are so worried about your outside then u r prob pretty weak on the inside.

So fat or sedentary people are very deep and excellent human beings?

That's bullshit Yes, there are many in this world of bodybuilding who are of no use as people, but they are not the ones who hammer the lifestyle for 30 years.

Agreed. And for some of us it’s not even so much about looks. Ya I get some pride out of how my body looks, especially being a formerly painfully skinny kid who got made fun of a lot. But I’ve made a living off of my body nearly my whole life. 13 years in corrections, bouncing at clubs and bars the whole time, professional fighter for 9 years, and now a bond enforcement agent. Being as big as strong as I am is an occupational must and it’s saved my life on a number of occasions
So fat or sedentary people are very deep and excellent human beings?

That's bullshit Yes, there are many in this world of bodybuilding who are of no use as people, but they are not the ones who hammer the lifestyle for 30 years.

Im 55 and have been training since 1978 when I built my first basement gym at age 12. (So 43 yrs now of training).
I did it Natty from age 12 to age 50, then jumped on TRT. I still love it as much, and maybe even more.
Would love to have all the money back I spent on natty supps over my lifetime, but I would not change anything.
My house has been paid off well over a decade now, so it never really affected me.
Put two kids thru college (no loans) so again, it never affected my work-life, home-life or financials.
It never affected my health in a bad way as I just trained, ate, took my supps and slowly gained 30 lbs of muscle over 30 years.
(I was 175 in 1989 when I got married, Im 205 now). So yeah, in it for life... No regrets...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws