over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking for coach recommendations

TheSteamboat

Registered
Newbies
Hello guys. I am young, yet to compete. I am looking for any coach recommendations. I am based out of Ohio if that helps!

Really?
I feel like this dude has attracted a fitness following for "exposing" bad influencers — and then he randomly throws in some 40-year old figure competitor he's coaching. Have yet to see him really show his work, nor have i been impressed with any of the OTHER content he puts out. Basically, just "expose" idiots and that's it.

Do you know someone he's worked with?

Hello guys. I am young, yet to compete. I am looking for any coach recommendations. I am based out of Ohio if that helps!

What exactly are you looking for in a coach??
Do you want someone that will get you absolutely peeled with little regulars to your health??
Do you want someone that focuses on your health as much as conditioning.??
Do you want someone that simply tell you exactly what to do and that's it or do you want someone that is willing to explain and teach you.
Do to need someone to converse with daily??
Do you need someone that is willing to meet with you in person.

These are all questions that need to be answered and that will greatly narrow your scope of potential coaches.

Everyone is just going to give you his or her favorite, these threads are pointless.

Over the years I’ve worked with:
Andrew Berry
Phil Viz
Bleu Taylor
Alex Kikel

I would rank them in that order with Kikel being a distant last place. I also worked with Phil Hernon (RIP) but obviously he is no longer an option. Phil was good to work with as well.

Over the years I’ve worked with:
Andrew Berry
Phil Viz
Bleu Taylor
Alex Kikel

I would rank them in that order with Kikel being a distant last place. I also worked with Phil Hernon (RIP) but obviously he is no longer an option. Phil was good to work with as well.
Don't ever pick bleu Taylor
At first you might think your good ...you soon realize it's all about money and no service

If you want to fail and waste your time....hire him

Do you want someone that will get you absolutely peeled with little regulars to your health?? No
Do you want someone that focuses on your health as much as conditioning.?? Yes, Health is very important to me
Do you want someone that simply tell you exactly what to do and that's it or do you want someone that is willing to explain and teach you. I won't do it if someone just dictates, they have to be able to explain rationale
Do to need someone to converse with daily?? not really
Do you need someone that is willing to meet with you in person. not really

These are all questions that need to be answered and that will greatly narrow your scope of potential coaches.
Not trying to hijack but....

Welcome to PM! There's a ton of top notch information here!! Don't forget to use the Search function. The question about Coaches has been brought up many times.

Everyone is just going to give you his or her favorite, these threads are pointless.
I disagree a ton. If they’ve worked with the coach, it can give a great amount of insight IMO. No better way to learn the quality of a coach than talk to their past athletes.

Welcome to PM! There's a ton of top notch information here!! Don't forget to use the Search function. The question about Coaches has been brought up many times.
Thank you man, seems like a knowledgeable place. I’ll go ahead and start lurking for a while :)

Thank you man, seems like a knowledgeable place. I’ll go ahead and start lurking for a while :)

Feel free to post man, I just wanted to point out that the Search function will yield 20 years of knowledge that's accumulated on this forum!

Do you want someone that will get you absolutely peeled with little regulars to your health??
Do you want someone that focuses on your health as much as conditioning.??
Do you want someone that simply tell you exactly what to do and that's it or do you want someone that is willing to explain and teach you.
Do to need someone to converse with daily??
Do you need someone that is willing to meet with you in person.

I would like, ideally, some balance between health and pushing my limits. However, I understand the risk. I want to mitigate needless harm where I can, but would also be willing to do what is necessary to achieve my goals.

I’m definitely someone who wants to know WHY. Not just be told do X because I said so.

As for conversating, it’s not a must but if a coach can become a good friend it’ll only aid in trust. In person is nice for sure, not needed though for me.

I would like, ideally, some balance between health and pushing my limits. However, I understand the risk. I want to mitigate needless harm where I can, but would also be willing to do what is necessary to achieve my goals.

I’m definitely someone who wants to know WHY. Not just be told do X because I said so.

As for conversating, it’s not a must but if a coach can become a good friend it’ll only aid in trust. In person is nice for sure, not needed though for me.
I mentioned Luke Miller already, but if you want a balance between health and pushing your limits he would be my recommendation. If you look at any of the content him and John Jewett put out (J3U for example) it's very much a safer use PED approach they advocate. It's the same reason I went with Luke and I've been working with him since November last year. So if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Phil Viz
@ScoobyPrep (Jason Theobald)
Justin Harris
@Shelby (Shelby Starnes)
Justin Compton

If you have any pictures, and are willing to post them, then that might also help. I could say to use Chris Aceto, but if you are scrawny and just starting out, then that would be overkill, like using a sledgehammer for a small nail, and VERY COSTLY. Not saying you are scrawny, just using it as an example. Some guys are good at contest prep, but not so much at building size...without a ton of drugs, and vise-versa with some good at size, and seem to be slightly off with their prep protocols. You may do better using somebody way cheaper and gets you through the basics starting out, depending on your experience. You may not even need a coach if you are newer...a good search like Bio mentioned above may be all you need. I don't know where you are at though, so i'm not trying to put a label on you either...just stating some things that might be beneficial without breaking your banking account. Heck, you may be able to buy Scott Stevenson's book, "Be Your Own Bodybuilder" to get you further before adding in a $$$ coach.

Are you needing size, or for prep and leaning down...where do you need the most help?

Anyway, welcome to the site!

i had a friend who 'worked' with Bleu

he said getting to get bleu to message him back was harder than getting matches on tinder as a 5' tall balding indian janitor
I worked with him 3 years ago. At that time his communication wasn’t awful, not the best, but not terrible. It may be a completely different scenario now.

Don't ever pick bleu Taylor
At first you might think your good ...you soon realize it's all about money and no service

If you want to fail and waste your time....hire him
Bleu prepped 2 friends of mine for shows this year. Both came in very conditioned. He isn’t my favorite by a long shot (I only did off-season with him), but his clients do show up in shape for shows.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner