over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking for guidance

little slice

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
imagine you have a really cool doctor friend who is completely on board with everything you're doing in pursuit of bodybuilding.. and he is looking to do all he can to support you

what preventative medication would you ask him to prescribe you?

im already on lisinopril... but im looking for suggestions.

ty bros

Preventative care is vital. But I am also of the belief this sort of thing is very individual. I know many on here have a set list of supps but personally if you don't need something don't take it. Too many guys take drugs/supplements for the sake of taking them. They take things they don't even need but everyone is an adult and can do what they want. But I personally wouldn't just add drugs in because you think they may do you good. Have you asked your doctor what he would recommend looking at your blood work and the things you do to your body?

For me it's mainly cholesterol and blood pressure related and I am using supplements for those things. I will probably start a thread on the subject tomorrow as I have been meaning to. I mainly go on my blood work and those are the only things that tend to go out of range. Everything else is always great. I use liver aids and a few other things when I need them. Inflammation is important and that should be preventative care so I am a big believer in ubiquinol and curcumin. I also think ZMA is a great supplement for overall sleep and recovery. I just added in collagen as well. I know you were after drugs but I personally don't use any... well not from the doctor :eek:

Last edited:
i just want my own coleman-esque tackle box full of support supplements

i dont see what the big deal is

i also take fish oil, TN green multivitamin, allicin, NAC, and ALA

Preventative medicine in this arena is tricky. Obviously there are tons of possible issues one would want to prevent, but at what cost? Particularly since you don't know if the things will ever become issues. Add in another prescription and it might cause side effects or interfere with another prescription or compound you're taking.

I'm not a fan of taking more and more stuff as preventative measures. There's definitely benefits in well-researched things like fish oil, ubiquinol, blood pressure meds when needed, etc., but adding prescription drugs in the hopes of preventing issues is unwise in my view.

I'd say have him do as extensive bloodwork / organ monitoring / heart checks / etc. as possible, and at the first sign of something getting out of the norm take action, including meds if needed.

I would consider using a statin for cycles that are harsh on lipids/maybe prescription for therepeutic phlebotomy for when needed.

Last edited:
Preventative medicine in this arena is tricky. Obviously there are tons of possible issues one would want to prevent, but at what cost? Particularly since you don't know if the things will ever become issues. Add in another prescription and it might cause side effects or interfere with another prescription or compound you're taking.

I'm not a fan of taking more and more stuff as preventative measures. There's definitely benefits in well-researched things like fish oil, ubiquinol, blood pressure meds when needed, etc., but adding prescription drugs in the hopes of preventing issues is unwise in my view.

I'd say have him do as extensive bloodwork / organ monitoring / heart checks / etc. as possible, and at the first sign of something getting out of the norm take action, including meds if needed.

completely agree

im really only talking about things with a very high benefit/risk ratio

like lisinopril

This would be my suggestion as well.
Reg H&H checks. Cholesterol. BP is something you should be monitoring regularly yourself. Maybe a TEE (transesopageal echocardiogram) to monitor for LVH. US to check the carotids. Need to keep that prostate in check so PSA and the good ol' finger on occasion. Don't neglect a good dermatologist looking you over yearly.

Have you done complete blood work lately?

Last edited:
Like Pesty said. Get bloods and see what youre deficient in.

I gotta believe your kidneys are stressed to shit from being on for so long.

I just had a kidney stone and im going to credit superdrol. My creatinine/bun is stupid high.

Most of the good stuff (curcumin, citrulline, citrus bergamot) isn't really prescription. And I like Elvias thought on the fix the deficiencies and immediate issues (Vit D, B12, BP, cholesterol) first if need to, and then work from there.

You're pretty damn good with your BP, and sleep apnea control and being on top of those things. Maybe run a comprehensive lipid profile? A1C, CRP?

Maybe stock up on some telmisartan for the apocolypse? [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Have you done complete blood work lately?

truth be told, it's been a while.

not a SUPER long time, but it's been too long.

I gotta believe your kidneys are stressed to shit from being on for so long.

ehhh... possibly?

i think that the main kidney killers are blood pressure, diabetes, pain killers/NSAIDS, and auto immune diseases.

im on top of my blood pressure, there's never been a diabetic or anyone with an auto-immune (or kidney/heart failure etc.) on either side of my family... and dont take painkillers/NSAIDS

my last kidney blood work had my EGFR at 119, creatinine at .89 (lower end of normal) and my BUN was slightly elevated.

protein was +1, but my doctor said it was nothing to worry about. he said i need to drink more water (as also evidenced by the BUN).

you guys think i should i take a baby aspirin? IIRC, John Meadows and other smart guys take one every day

imagine you have a really cool doctor friend who is completely on board with everything you're doing in pursuit of bodybuilding.. and he is looking to do all he can to support you

what preventative medication would you ask him to prescribe you?

im already on lisinopril... but im looking for suggestions.

ty bros

DNP. Ask your doctor for DNP

Other than the keys to a pharmacy...nah, just start with that :headbang:

Seriously, it’s really kind of hard to say as to what kind of preventative meds you’d need. Clearly you’d want a recent full panel done, but you also might want to take into consideration your family’s medical history, and if any kind of medical issues run in the family that may be hereditary, you might want to look at meds for that. I’m not suggesting you take meds that are unnecessary now of course, but I guess find out if he’d prescribe things that would help you to avoid certain issues.

One thing to consider though is that your medical history follows you everywhere, and if you get prescribed certain things for certain conditions, and have to change insurance companies in the future, you might find that some insurers may have an issue with “pre-existing conditions”, so be careful brother. You don’t want to get things “just because you can”, and have it bite you in the ass later, you know?

Last edited:
A preventative doctor will give you all the REAL blood tests (crp, homocysteine, lp(a), lp-pla2, nmr lipoprofile, galectin 3, mpo, ggt, vitamin d3, etc.) and not the standard garbage you get from the typical fat reactive doctor shoving a statin down your throat if your LDL is 150.

truth be told, it's been a while.

not a SUPER long time, but it's been too long.

ehhh... possibly?

i think that the main kidney killers are blood pressure, diabetes, pain killers/NSAIDS, and auto immune diseases.

im on top of my blood pressure, there's never been a diabetic or anyone with an auto-immune (or kidney/heart failure etc.) on either side of my family... and dont take painkillers/NSAIDS

my last kidney blood work had my EGFR at 119, creatinine at .89 (lower end of normal) and my BUN was slightly elevated.

protein was +1, but my doctor said it was nothing to worry about. he said i need to drink more water (as also evidenced by the BUN).

you guys think i should i take a baby aspirin? IIRC, John Meadows and other smart guys take one every day

I kinda did the same thing as you. Talked to my talk about preventative health and got prescribed lisinopril even though my bp was normal. I asked about the aspirin I was taking and she was adamant that I needed to stop taking it. I took her advice and stopped the baby aspirin.

The premise of the question reflects the times. Seems like guys today want to be really really huge and want to crank things up to the point that as many ancillaries are consumed as AAS/GH/PEDs. Ironically, considering advocacy for ancillary use, this board seems to have more heart and kidney issues that it's share. I wonder if these ancillaries are more bandaides for bad conscience than real solutions for abuse. This post is probably 1/2 self reflection and 1/2 reflection on our community.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear