over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking for simple training advice

Pics

If I posted my whole routine it would be extremely complicated because I have my exercises on a rotation...but the template is like thisL

Monday - Legs

Tuesday - Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's

Wednesday - HIIT cardio on stairmaster

Thursday - Legs

Friday - Chest/ Back

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - HIIT Cardio stairmaster

I'm posting an actual training question for my own benefit. I'm not posting something about "who's gonna win what competition", or "how many more milligrams of test should I do", or something else that is pointless and has absolutely no relevance to helping any of the members out in their training. If you are going to post a sarcastic response, please save the calories.

Maybe someone else out there is in the same situation as me, or has been, and we can all learn.

I don`t see any problem with your chest.

Pics

If I posted my whole routine it would be extremely complicated because I have my exercises on a rotation...but the template is like thisL

Monday - Legs

Thursday - Legs

Friday - Chest/ Back

Saturday - Rest

I'm posting an actual training question for my own benefit. I'm not posting something about "who's gonna win what competition", or "how many more milligrams of test should I do", or something else that is pointless and has absolutely no relevance to helping any of the members out in their training. If you are going to post a sarcastic response, please save the calories.

Maybe someone else out there is in the same situation as me, or has been, and we can all learn.

You look good. Keep doing what you are doing. :)

There are so many ways to train...Really depends on your goals...

I would not stop training legs in your case as squats and deadlifts improve the whole body and not just legs.

If you want to develop more the upper body area, its all about progressive overload in my opinion.

Your chest will look very different if you go from benching 250 pounds for 10reps to 315 for 10 reps (just an example - I have no idea how much you bench)

One light upper body day and one heavier day where progressive overload (weight increase at about same rep range) is the goal on the "heavy day".

And always keep the best excercises (basics) in your routine: chin ups, dips, overhead barbell presses, bench press and rows. All of these will improve upper body including the chest (directly or indirectly).

Good luck

I would train them even harder...

But, answering your question, you should train your weak areas after rest days.

Another idea:

Monday: Chest/Back

Wed: Chest/Legs

Fri: Chest/Shoulders

Tris get plenty of work, you may add bis on Monday.

Pics

Monday - Legs

Thursday - Legs

Friday - Chest/ Back

Saturday - Rest

Dont you feel like that HIIT cardio interferes with your legworkout that day after?

How long are the intervals and how many do you do?

Though, It looks like it's working for you.

Last edited:
Dont you feel like that HIIT cardio interferes with your legworkout that day after?

How long are the intervals and how many do you do?

Though, It looks like it's working for you.

I don't really notice any negative impact on my legs. If anything it helps because it boosts my endurance.

For interval I do like a level 14 on the stairmaster for 45 seconds, followed by 60 seconds level 9. I do that for 25-30 minutes, depending on how motivated I feel for cardio. I fucking hate cardio more than anything.

Luckily I have a pretty good metabolism, and my carb cycling diet keeps my metabolism high so fat gain really isn't an issue for me. I do the cardio for endurance and health benefits. I could not do it and still be lean.

You look good and your legs don't over power anything. It's not just the split/frequency but the workouts themselves. I always struggled with my mind muscle connection with my chest. As a result my delts overpowered everything and my chest was very weak. I knew it wasn't just genetics and that I wasn't engaging it as effectively as I could have. It still needs a lot of work but my chest has improved loads in the last few months. Sure I will never have a chest like Arnold but it's improving and that is good enough for me. I would spend time researching body mechanics and just going over how to perform the main chest movements to help you fully engage your chest and to get the most out of your workouts. It's not just about the weights you lift either and form is everything especially when it comes to body parts that don't respond the best.

Your split is fine but sure you could do 6 weeks with legs twice and chest once then rotate to chest twice and legs one and back to legs twice etc. I just checked your weekly split and I love training opposing muscles together so chest and back is great. However if you want to improve chest you could even just have a day dedicated to it. Then do legs once and back once. A good way of adding legs back in for a 2nd day could be to add hams with back etc. The possibilites are endless and as long as you progress in the gym and train everything in the week your split details aren't that important. But sure definitely give it it's own day or train it twice if you want to try and improve things.

Bro you took the words out of my mouth. That is EXACTLY how I feel. I can't get the mind/muscle connection with my chest. I think I'm going to alternate the split like you said between one week hit legs twice and the next week hit chest twice.

Your proportion looks fine. But if you do switch to chest twice a week can you recover in that short of time. My chest takes longer to recover then my back or legs as an example.

I am gna give myself enough time to recover. If I don't have better results I'll just bring chest back to once a week

You look great. I think your chest looks fine, but if you wanted to get it thicker I agree that training it twice a week might be a good idea, one day heavy, the other lighter going for the pump. You might also want to eat more on these days.

On another note, what do you do for legs on both days?

just curious, what's your diet combination?
would you share it to us?

Good Morning PM'ers. I hope you're all having an incredible day on this beautiful planet!

Here is my quandary in as simple of terms as I can put it:

I have been training legs 2x/week. My legs respond very well even at 1x per week. My legs are getting huge in proportion to the rest of my body.

I train chest 1x/week. My chest does not respond as well as my legs. My chest is lagging in proportion to the rest of my body.

Should I train chest 2x/week and switch legs to only 1x per week?

If yes, would you recommend doing a light day, high rep and heavier day, lower reps?

Just looking for some advice. Thanks guys

just curious, what's your diet combination?
would you share it to us?

I cycle my carbs around my workouts and mornings.

High Carb Day:

Meal 1- 100g carb, 50g protein, 0 fat

Post Workout - 70g dextrose, 60g protein

Meal 2 - 100 g carb, 50g protein, 0 fat

Meal 3 - 100g carb, 50g protein, 10g fat

Meal 4 - 30g fat, 50g protein

Meal 5- 5g fat, 50g protein

That's sort of what it looks like. I eat a good portion of green vegetables with each meal. All my protein sources are clean. Sometimes I'll throw in random cheat items like a bag of chips or something to boost my calorie intake.

Medium carb days are same layout, just less carbs and more fat.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws