over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking to replace my current protein powder...need suggestions

Trueprotein is a great brand and I'm glad that Dante has incredible character - but he also was using this as a business move. If you are scared of other companies - you will trust him and use his powder more. He is a very smart man and it worked very well.

Fade if i was going to post that as a business ploy I would have done it on Muscular Development. This is a board with a huge amount of Euro guys who dont buy from TP as well as North Americans...I was using this board to vent about something that angers me and add some transparency to an industry that I see as seedy in some sectors. Im not trying to scare people into buying from me....there are too many good companies out there to do that.

You named a list of huge companies in your post (one of who Im in negotiations to manufacture for)....all of those companies I commented on in that other thread arent small fry (as obviously the one I was specific about had huge amounts of dough behind them).....in manufacturing you make profit on volume so if it was going to be 400k profit a month to me, you can kind of get a jist of what they were spending altogether (ALOT) and putting out there on the market......you are in the business... you know what this stuff costs per pound...multiplied that by 100's of thousands of pounds, and the jugs, labels, heat seals, scoops that go along with it. (now 400k doesnt sound like much profit to what those guys are spending per month does it?)

I use this board as my non politically correct board (i.e talking about ergo aids/shysters in the industry) on subjects i dont like to talk about usually and even then im ultra vague as you see. Everyone always asks me on Intensemuscle why i never talk about supplements. If you look at all the thousands of posts online Ive left over the years on boards, its going to be very hard to find many where I talk about supplements (a milli-fraction of my posts)....the reason being is I never want to look like im pushing something on someone or looking to sell something....thats done on purpose...thats just not my way...I want people to buy what they want to buy on their own.
Im not blaming you but hearing you say the above kind of makes me secondguess my posts now as Im not doing it to "market". i wanted to add a sense of transparency and to get people a little bit more educated when looking at an ingredient label on the back of a jug.....instead of just thinking "wow a whey blend!!! I hit the jackpot!"

Dymatize
Optimum
Gaspari
BSN
Isopure
etc

Trueprotein is a great brand and I'm glad that Dante has incredible character - but he also was using this as a business move. If you are scared of other companies - you will trust him and use his powder more. He is a very smart man and it worked very well.

I don't know how many times i have to put it this way - big companies have to watch their shit. Do you think BSN that is now one of the largest supplement companies in the world, is going to risk their company on putting some wrong ingredients in there just to save themselves a few carbs on the label? FUCK NO

If this were true syntha-6's label would look WAY better than it does. 200 calories? 16g carbs? 6g fat? 22g protein? WHO WOULD PICK THAT PRODUCT?

You guys are getting freaked the fuck out for absolutely no reason at all. If anything the people that don't get tested as often are going to be places like True Protein, not Optimum Nutrition.

There is merit to what you're saying. But my next order was gonna be Prescription Nutrition, so whatever DC said didn't have an impact for TP really. I already ordered TP to test the waters out, but I won't buy again until I need a bulk supply(that'd be in the summer) since I'm a college student and shits as hard as it is already.

I just work hard, and I like to know that the money I earn is going to something genuine so when I read that I react more sensitively than the average joe. It's not cool just turning 20 years old, buying protein powder that's laced with something that's not protein powder. I hardly spend money cause I need to pay for basic living conditions, I don't deserve to be fooled out of what I get.

Good to hear I can still consume my Myo, etc. I never like Dymatize though, what's the fancy with that?

ON? Same to them. BSN? Never tried. Gaspari and IsoPure among those taste the best.

Last edited:
Regardless of what your worries are about the product - it still has 24/25 (cant remember off hand) grams of protein PER SCOOP and ZERO FAT, ONE CARB if it's chocolate.

Who cares how much sweetener is in there as long as you're still getting the proper amount of protein and nearly zero carbs and fats?

I am absolutely astonish by the response of people from what Dante said. HE IS TALKING ABOUT SMALL COMPANIES - FLY BY NIGHT COMPANIES - HOUSE BRAND COMPANIES. He is not talking about your

Dymatize
Optimum
Gaspari
BSN
Isopure
etc

You guys are getting freaked the fuck out for absolutely no reason at all. If anything the people that don't get tested as often are going to be places like True Protein, not Optimum Nutrition.

really man, stop and read before you speak

let me put it to you like this...these companies come to people like dante to make their products

BSN falsified ingredients in NO Explode...sued for 50 million in class action lawsuit and lost...hmmm

anything can be on the label, anything. Largest percentage ingredient listed 1st...so if i make a blend using several ingredients and put whey conc first and list the others, i can give you 95% conc, and 0.5% of the others and then sell it to you for $$$$..sure its on the label and in the product...they just dont tell you 0.0000000000001%

People like dante and i buy protein in huge amounts, huge...price goes up every month for us, every single one, yet big name companies arent raising prices...when its quality, your health or bottom line profit, which one you think they choose?

know a few metrx athletes who order their free quota monthly and sell it right out the front door too...do they use it, not the ones i know...maybe i just know the wrong people though.

are their top notch quality companies out there. yes of course. but being big doesnt get you the gold badge for today...

Tell you what, call BSN and ask for a certificate of analysis...when you hearthe phone click, call Prescription Nutrition or True Protein bet you we can provide it...and ill come right out and say it....ALLMAX is complete garbage...

bring the facts before you start spoutin off bout worrying about the little guys

Last edited:
Beverly International is a brand you can trust. Since the 1960's-muscle provider is a whey hydo/isolate, egg white

Fade if i was going to post that as a business ploy I would have done it on Muscular Development. This is a board with a huge amount of Euro guys who dont buy from TP as well as North Americans...I was using this board to vent about something that angers me and add some transparency to an industry that I see as seedy in some sectors. Im not trying to scare people into buying from me....there are too many good companies out there to do that.

You named a list of huge companies in your post (one of who Im in negotiations to manufacture for)....all of those companies I commented on in that other thread arent small fry (as obviously the one I was specific about had huge amounts of dough behind them).....in manufacturing you make profit on volume so if it was going to be 400k profit a month to me, you can kind of get a jist of what they were spending altogether (ALOT) and putting out there on the market......you are in the business... you know what this stuff costs per pound...multiplied that by 100's of thousands of pounds, and the jugs, labels, heat seals, scoops that go along with it. (now 400k doesnt sound like much profit to what those guys are spending per month does it?)

I use this board as my non politically correct board (i.e talking about ergo aids/shysters in the industry) on subjects i dont like to talk about usually and even then im ultra vague as you see. Everyone always asks me on Intensemuscle why i never talk about supplements. If you look at all the thousands of posts online Ive left over the years on boards, its going to be very hard to find many where I talk about supplements (a milli-fraction of my posts)....the reason being is I never want to look like im pushing something on someone or looking to sell something....thats done on purpose...thats just not my way...I want people to buy what they want to buy on their own.
Im not blaming you but hearing you say the above kind of makes me secondguess my posts now as Im not doing it to "market". i wanted to add a sense of transparency and to get people a little bit more educated when looking at an ingredient label on the back of a jug.....instead of just thinking "wow a whey blend!!! I hit the jackpot!"

Dante, I didn't mean this as a knock against you or as this being a sole business ploy - I really didn't. I have used things from you guys before and if I didn't have my own means to get protein powders at good prices, etc - I would be ordering from you guys.

I meant that simply as you posted something to inform people, but it also worked in favor of helping your business - thus you are a smart man. First for having the character to not go with the shysters, and second for letting people know your character - which in turn gets you some of the business that you must have lost (surely not 400k, but you know what I mean).

I am not in the manufacturing business, so I don't know your margins, amounts of powder manufactured, how much normal companies get, etc. Obviously 400k of profit a month is big bucks, and I must have not paid close enough attention to that aspect of everything when I was responding to this.

I do, from my own experience as well as selling the products, know which companies to trust - from the talk of reps, from who works for them, and for the results that my customers and myself have gotten from their products.

There are TONS of products that I have to sell because they are popular that I would not touch. On the other hand, there are definitely big companies that I do trust their integrity or at least the ability of other companies to reverse engineer their formulas and test their products.

really man, stop and read before you speak

let me put it to you like this...these companies come to people like dante to make their products

BSN falsified ingredients in NO Explode...sued for 50 million in class action lawsuit and lost...hmmm

anything can be on the label, anything. Largest percentage ingredient listed 1st...so if i make a blend using several ingredients and put whey conc first and list the others, i can give you 95% conc, and 0.5% of the others and then sell it to you for $$$$..sure its on the label and in the product...they just dont tell you 0.0000000000001%

People like dante and i buy protein in huge amounts, huge...price goes up every month for us, every single one, yet big name companies arent raising prices...when its quality, your health or bottom line profit, which one you think they choose?

know a few metrx athletes who order their free quota monthly and sell it right out the front door too...do they use it, not the ones i know...maybe i just know the wrong people though.

are their top notch quality companies out there. yes of course. but being big doesnt get you the gold badge for today...

Tell you what, call BSN and ask for a certificate of analysis...when you hearthe phone click, call Prescription Nutrition or True Protein bet you we can provide it...and ill come right out and say it....ALLMAX is complete garbage...

bring the facts before you start spoutin off bout worrying about the little guys

BSN claimed they made Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate, and if I remember correctly - and it's possible I am wrong - there was no such thing as an "ethyl ester malate"... So they got sued for having creatine monohydrate and creatine ethyl ester in there.

Think about how much BSN has grown and how much they lost for that one stupid mistake. Do you think big companies like Dymatize and Gaspari learned a little one from that? Do you think that BSN learned their lesson. I bet they did.

As for certificates of analysis, yes I could get that if I wanted to. It would be much harder for a guy that is plainly on this site to get any COA from BSN than it would be for me. I do a shit ton of business with BSN (ok lets not get ahead of myself - I'm not bb.com or any huge online retailer, but I do have a few stores and BSN is a huge seller..).

Honestly, I don't use any BSN stuff - realistically I don't think any of their stuff is that great of quality. Do i think they lie on their label? NO WAY

Do they make their label seem better than it is? Sure they do. Just like you would if you had a business. You make your product look better than it is.

As for price increases, most of these companies are very big. I would assume, and correct me again if I'm wrong, that most of these companies had contracts with their whey supplier. Once the contracts started to run out, and they had to renew them for a higher price - prices started to raise in my stores.

I have already had price jumps from pretty much everyone of my companies that makes a whey product. ON just raised prices on THEIR ENTIRE LINE. Dymatize's prices are going up with my next shipment.

Trust me, I remember when IDS got caught for lying about their label with their multi-pro whey isolate. Just recently they got "caught" for lying about what was in their smart gainer and had to rush to try and change manufacturers and formulas. I would be surprised one bit if IDS was one of the companies Dante was talking about. They have been shysters from the beginning and probably will always be shysters. They aren't a huge company but they do a fair amount of business.

Do you know why they got caught for their formula being wrong originally? It tasted WAY TOO GOOD. Incredible. This was like 10 years ago too. Unheard of to have a good tasting whey.. So companies started testing it, people started testing it, and the product came back wrong - word got out and the company rushed to change the formula.

The same thing would happen nowadays, and about 10x faster to big companies like Dymatize or Optimum Nutrition. IDS was hardly anything 10 years ago, and they got caught pretty quickly.

what are you guys opinions on optimum? i use their pro-complex 55 and casien as my only 2 protein sources (and food of course).

i agree with a lot of what you say to a degree fade. i didnt mean to come of harsh or ignorant but working in this business for a bit, i know alot of shady things occur.

the reason i say the label may be correct but the product isnt really honest is the blend example...again i can have 5 proteins, but realistically there is 1 protein with 4 others at 1%...thats very misleading and ineffective...syntha -6 is successful because it tastes good...muscle milk the same...labels are misleading but like you say its the marketing...another instance, gnc carries their own line of products and they have a brand new line coming out. That line is very much making unrealistic claims and when you look at the ingredients you would know that, but again marketing hype as you say. I was privy to reviewing this line in development and honestly laughed. you'll see it in its new yellow and black packaging shortly

as far as the contracts, i know ON raised it prices 10% across the board, but its been much harder securing the top quality proteins at stable prices. We order every 3 months. When we reorder, the price always goes up and the supplier is hesitant to price contracts out longer because they are sure they can get more money...between foreign use increase and damn Gatorade, whey is on the rise big time

i just prefer transparency in my business, in terms of the COA i guess it would be hard for me to get, but as a consumer, i think thats kind of a right since im buying the product and proprietary blend is another gimmick...but thats off point...

sorry for jumping down your throat, but some of us "small guys" really do go the extra mile and sacrifice profit for the better of our customers...

what are you guys opinions on optimum? i use their pro-complex 55 and casien as my only 2 protein sources (and food of course).

pro-complex is 81% protein based on its serving information...60g protein/74g serving...i think their are better blends out there, but if it works for you stick with it. Ive never had a problem with their products when i used them. Remember this mix is essentially whey isolate, bcaa, and some egg whites...all fast acting proteins and the bcaa will have to compete for absorption, not the ideal environment for them

I use Dymatize and TP...

As far as I know Dymatize is a GMP facility, and under a heavy eye due to their contracts with the US Military.

Dante, Mike, Fade, what are your opinions of Beverly International proteins? They always seem to be very serious about producing a high quality protein product. They are almost legendary.

i've used dymatize iso 100 in the past and it is a good protein. a little on the gritty side though. in terms of texture and taste you would be hard pressed to get a better protein than trueprotein's ion exchange whey isolate

Dante, Mike, Fade, what are your opinions of Beverly International proteins? They always seem to be very serious about producing a high quality protein product. They are almost legendary.

quality product for sure. Bit overpriced IMHO, but its definitely quality. Ive used it before.

Never used a single product, so I can't really say. I hear they are a very quality based company, though.

What about Humapro by Alri?....Does anyone know what is supposed to make this better than a high quality whey isolate? I mean Alri is touting this stuff as the holy grail of protein powders with scientific jargon.

What about Humapro by Alri?....Does anyone know what is supposed to make this better than a high quality whey isolate? I mean Alri is touting this stuff as the holy grail of protein powders with scientific jargon.

haha I will keep my mouth shut on this one. Let's just say ALRI has not had the best track record with their products.

Prescriptionutrition

I am very picky about my supplements and what I ingest, I was always a huge fan of TP and still am for that matter, however, truth be told when I started with PN I immediately fell in love with their quality and what it did for my physique, hands down I would only use PN as their quality puts the others to shame. Bro, look at it this way, try them ..............at this juncture you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear