over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking to replace my current protein powder...need suggestions

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am looking for a new protein recommendation, I am looking for something to replace my current protein. The one I have now is such a thin texture that I can use 3-4 scoops in like 8 ounces of water or a little less and gulp it down no problem. I don't get full or bloated from it and it is never a thick shake. The product I use is a CFM whey protein isolate. It has some proprietary cross-flow microfiltration process and it is instantized which I guess is why it mixes so well. It has 27gms of protein, 2gms of carbs and .5gms of fat. peanut butter chocolate and one of the most raved about products/flavors on other web sites. For certain reasons this product is no longer reliable so I want to see if anyone has a suggestion for a comparable product. The "thin" shake so to say is the most important thing I am looking for as well as the low carbs and outstanding taste. 90%+ protein of course.

I also use Dymatize ISO-100, flavor is not bad but the label claim (25gms of protein, zero fat and zero carbs) plus the taste and price makes me wonder so not sure if I will use it any more either (too good to be true). Actually this is intersting, I am checking my 5lb tub which says it is a hydrolyzed whey protein and when I go online to look at the product, the label has changed! It is now just a straight whey protein isolate...wow that is interesting to say the least!

Thanks.

I highly doubt you will be having a problem with Dymatize ISO-100.. I use the product myself and used it as my sole protein source for probably 3+ months and made great gains while on it.

Dymatize is a very big brand, and they are nipping at the heals of Optimum Nutrition. Dymatize is NOT going to do something that would allow Optimum to kick them out of the race. I guarantee you that product has been tested time and time again by other companies. I highly doubt it wouldn't have leaked online by now if it weren't quality.

As for another protein powder to use, it depends on how much quality you want in your product. If you want straight Whey isolate, egg, and casein - go with Team Skip blend from TP.. If you don't care (and if you're not lactose intolerant), go with Myofusion from Gaspari. Tastes great and is pretty thick.

As a side note:

I sell these products, and I sell the ISO 100 to people that are severely lactose intolerant (cannot take 100% whey by ON, or any whey concentrate blend)... And they have NO problems AT ALL with ISO 100..

Also, when checking the web - you should check the companies website and not some retailer's... They may have incorrect information - like supplement facts.

Here are the correct ones for you - and it is Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate - first and only protein ingredient.

ISO•100 | Dymatize® Nutrition | Whey Protein, Supplements, Protein

Last edited:
i use dymatize as well good stuff.

I highly doubt you will be having a problem with Dymatize ISO-100.. I use the product myself and used it as my sole protein source for probably 3+ months and made great gains while on it.

Dymatize is a very big brand, and they are nipping at the heals of Optimum Nutrition. Dymatize is NOT going to do something that would allow Optimum to kick them out of the race. I guarantee you that product has been tested time and time again by other companies. I highly doubt it wouldn't have leaked online by now if it weren't quality.

As for another protein powder to use, it depends on how much quality you want in your product. If you want straight Whey isolate, egg, and casein - go with Team Skip blend from TP.. If you don't care (and if you're not lactose intolerant), go with Myofusion from Gaspari. Tastes great and is pretty thick.

As a side note:

I sell these products, and I sell the ISO 100 to people that are severely lactose intolerant (cannot take 100% whey by ON, or any whey concentrate blend)... And they have NO problems AT ALL with ISO 100..

Also, when checking the web - you should check the companies website and not some retailer's... They may have incorrect information - like supplement facts.

Here are the correct ones for you - and it is Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate - first and only protein ingredient.

ISO•100 | Dymatize® Nutrition | Whey Protein, Supplements, Protein

Hey try out the persription nutrition whey isolate...I think Mike is still giving a few free samples out of the 4 favors that are out now..(choc, van, blueberry, and cinn bun) all taste great, and they are around 27 grams of protein per scp...Very thin, and only 1 carb per scp.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Seems BB.com has the label printed wrong then. I guess the reason why I am skeptical is that it tastes so good for a hydro way and there are pretty much no carbs/fat. Others have said the label can be correct but maybe the % of hydro can be real low that they are not lying on the label but you are not getting what you think you are. I hope it is a solid product as I would like to keep using it. I am researching labs that perform nutritional analysis and going to call for a quote on Monday as I have no idea what these things costs, I only want to test a few products that I use but not sure if it is cheap like a few hundred dollars or much more than that for these tests.

Btw I have Myofusion and it is way too thick for me. I used to use Isopure for like 10+ yrs but found better ones (but now I do not want to use it any more) and need something that is as "thin" as Isopure to use with my Dymatize.

Seems BB.com has the label printed wrong then. I guess the reason why I am skeptical is that it tastes so good for a hydro way and there are pretty much no carbs/fat. Others have said the label can be correct but maybe the % of hydro can be real low that they are not lying on the label but you are not getting what you think you are. I hope it is a solid product as I would like to keep using it. I am researching labs that perform nutritional analysis and going to call for a quote on Monday as I have no idea what these things costs, I only want to test a few products that I use but not sure if it is cheap like a few hundred dollars or much more than that for these tests.

Btw I have Myofusion and it is way too thick for me. I used to use Isopure for like 10+ yrs but found better ones (but now I do not want to use it any more) and need something that is as "thin" as Isopure to use with my Dymatize.

I wouldn't consider the taste to be awesome by any means, but it's not a bad tasting shake. As for the % hydrolyzed, it says 100% - but I can't really comment on that. Let me ask you this question - if it is not 100% hydrolyzed but is still 100% pure whey protein isolate, what difference would it make? :)
Like I said I'm very confident on the quality of the whey protein isolate because I have people with severe lactose intolerance problems use it with no problems.

Have you considered mixing 1 scoop myofusion with 1 scoop iso-100 to make the shake a little thinner?

crap I see dante is reading, he's going to come in here and school me....

While searching high and low, try **broken link removed**. gives you all of the premium flavors to try @ 50g of WPI-CF for 30 different flavors.

The ISO 100 has a decent taste but took me a while to get used to it. I. was expecting a very funky taste because it is hyrdo but its not that bad. Also it can be 100% hydro they are using but they could easily be at 75% and 25% sweetener and other stuff and still be allowed to say 100% hydro. Not saying they do that but its something many companies do as Dante has stated.

I got the scare put in me. I'll just cough up the extra dough and go to TP or Prescription Nutrition now, and perhaps a very select few others like AllMAX or IsoPure.

I'm staying away from mainstream brands to be honest. If it's the difference between $10, so be it. No more Myo, ON, Dymatize, etc. Love them all. Heck I may keep one myo and use that as my "treat" shake in off-season times, but everythings so questionable.

I'm waiting for TP to hit us with a cake batter flavor.......

The ISO 100 has a decent taste but took me a while to get used to it. I. was expecting a very funky taste because it is hyrdo but its not that bad. Also it can be 100% hydro they are using but they could easily be at 75% and 25% sweetener and other stuff and still be allowed to say 100% hydro. Not saying they do that but its something many companies do as Dante has stated.

Regardless of what your worries are about the product - it still has 24/25 (cant remember off hand) grams of protein PER SCOOP and ZERO FAT, ONE CARB if it's chocolate.

Who cares how much sweetener is in there as long as you're still getting the proper amount of protein and nearly zero carbs and fats?

I got the scare put in me. I'll just cough up the extra dough and go to TP or Prescription Nutrition now, and perhaps a very select few others like AllMAX or IsoPure.

I'm staying away from mainstream brands to be honest. If it's the difference between $10, so be it. No more Myo, ON, Dymatize, etc. Love them all. Heck I may keep one myo and use that as my "treat" shake in off-season times, but everythings so questionable.

I am absolutely astonish by the response of people from what Dante said. HE IS TALKING ABOUT SMALL COMPANIES - FLY BY NIGHT COMPANIES - HOUSE BRAND COMPANIES. He is not talking about your

Dymatize
Optimum
Gaspari
BSN
Isopure
etc

Trueprotein is a great brand and I'm glad that Dante has incredible character - but he also was using this as a business move. If you are scared of other companies - you will trust him and use his powder more. He is a very smart man and it worked very well.

I don't know how many times i have to put it this way - big companies have to watch their shit. Do you think BSN that is now one of the largest supplement companies in the world, is going to risk their company on putting some wrong ingredients in there just to save themselves a few carbs on the label? FUCK NO

If this were true syntha-6's label would look WAY better than it does. 200 calories? 16g carbs? 6g fat? 22g protein? WHO WOULD PICK THAT PRODUCT?

You guys are getting freaked the fuck out for absolutely no reason at all. If anything the people that don't get tested as often are going to be places like True Protein, not Optimum Nutrition.

Regardless of what your worries are about the product - it still has 24/25 (cant remember off hand) grams of protein PER SCOOP and ZERO FAT, ONE CARB if it's chocolate.

Who cares how much sweetener is in there as long as you're still getting the proper amount of protein and nearly zero carbs and fats?

I am absolutely astonish by the response of people from what Dante said. HE IS TALKING ABOUT SMALL COMPANIES - FLY BY NIGHT COMPANIES - HOUSE BRAND COMPANIES. He is not talking about your

Dymatize
Optimum
Gaspari
BSN
Isopure
etc

Trueprotein is a great brand and I'm glad that Dante has incredible character - but he also was using this as a business move. If you are scared of other companies - you will trust him and use his powder more. He is a very smart man and it worked very well.

I don't know how many times i have to put it this way - big companies have to watch their shit. Do you think BSN that is now one of the largest supplement companies in the world, is going to risk their company on putting some wrong ingredients in there just to save themselves a few carbs on the label? FUCK NO

If this were true syntha-6's label would look WAY better than it does. 200 calories? 16g carbs? 6g fat? 22g protein? WHO WOULD PICK THAT PRODUCT?

You guys are getting freaked the fuck out for absolutely no reason at all. If anything the people that don't get tested as often are going to be places like True Protein, not Optimum Nutrition.

You make some good points but one can only wonder what company Dante talked about the other day that was buying so much product that TP was realizing a $400,000 profit per month. Now I do not know the business end of this business at all but that doesn't sound like a small fly by night company, that sounds like one of the decent sized companies. I have no idea what the mark up is but if the profit is $400,000 per month, what is this company actually purchasing per month, $1mil? $2mil?

Also for guys like me who diet on next to zero carbs I need a company that is reliable hence why if it says 2 gms I need to make sure it is not 25 gms like some shyster companies out there would do.

Also of the list of companies you mentioned above there are at least 2 I do not trust whatsoever.

Also the main reason I made this post was not to shit on Dymatize but to pretty much say I am fed up with another rather popular company, not a big one (not even from the US either) but pretty popular because of the product I mentioned above but I got tired of having to return 2 5lb jugs every few times I ordered because it tasted like it went bad. These small companies probably do not have their processes figured out just right and/or buy from some shit supplier because the product is hardly ever consistent. I doubt they are scum who lie on their label that part I trust about them. This product gets amazing reviews but every time you see 10-20 good reviews you see 1-2 who say it was gross. I never could comprehend how someone could say that it was gross, I now know..they got the bad batch because the good batch is some amazing tasting protein but I can't deal with that sort of incompetence any more with having a bad batch 30% of the time. Then I have to go run out to the local stores in town and pay way too much for protein to hold me over until they send me a replacement.

You make some good points but one can only wonder what company Dante talked about the other day that was buying so much product that TP was realizing a $400,000 profit per month. Now I do not know the business end of this business at all but that doesn't sound like a small fly by night company, that sounds like one of the decent sized companies. I have no idea what the mark up is but if the profit is $400,000 per month, what is this company actually purchasing per month, $1mil? $2mil?

Also for guys like me who diet on next to zero carbs I need a company that is reliable hence why if it says 2 gms I need to make sure it is not 25 gms like some shyster companies out there would do.

Also of the list of companies you mentioned above there are at least 2 I do not trust whatsoever.

Also the main reason I made this post was not to shit on Dymatize but to pretty much say I am fed up with another rather popular company, not a big one (not even from the US either) but pretty popular because of the product I mentioned above but I got tired of having to return 2 5lb jugs every few times I ordered because it tasted like it went bad. These small companies probably do not have their processes figured out just right and/or buy from some shit supplier because the product is hardly ever consistent. I doubt they are scum who lie on their label that part I trust about them. This product gets amazing reviews but every time you see 10-20 good reviews you see 1-2 who say it was gross. I never could comprehend how someone could say that it was gross, I now know..they got the bad batch because the good batch is some amazing tasting protein but I can't deal with that sort of incompetence any more with having a bad batch 30% of the time. Then I have to go run out to the local stores in town and pay way too much for protein to hold me over until they send me a replacement.

I understand your dilemma, and I agree with you to a degree.

I personally, will keep using what I have been using. Simply because I keep making great gains and I have dieted with them in the past with no problems.. oh and it's dymatize, gaspari, and sometimes some optimum.

Dymatize
Optimum
Gaspari
BSN
Isopure
etc

Good post. I always appreciate seeing someone think independently and logically.

Groupthink is an evil phenomenon. :)

you got a PM

There's a reason Synthetek has a double money back guarantee, it's absolutely the best product on the market. I wouldn't waste my time with anything else.

There's a reason Synthetek has a double money back guarantee, it's absolutely the best product on the market. I wouldn't waste my time with anything else.

Enough said!

I have a lot of confidence in TP, Synthetek, and others who cater to the serious bb community. Let's support the folks who focus on us.

At the same time, I'm not real worried about the big commercial brands' not meeting label claims about ingredients.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner