over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Losartan?

I tried Losartan but made me sick/dizzy/lethargic to the point that I just wanted to sit on the couch all day. I also had the same experience with lisinopril.

Doc gave me amlodipine but am hesitant to try that as well based upon my experience with the other two.

I currently take 25mg HCTZ with no issues at all

My uncle gets the same sides. He has tried a bunch of different meds and they all make him feel like shit so he refuses to take them. His bp is also thru the roof so he needs to stop being stupid and get on meds or high bp will kill him. 25mg of hctz wont cut it for most men, maybe a female

Interesting. Ill look into that as I have anxiety issues as well

hawthorn root/berry is shown to help both high/low blood pressure and used to help with anxiety... it is said to do some other cardiovascular stuff, but i dont think theres any actual scientific proof yet.. you know how stuff goes with herbal meds and such ..

just throwing it out there... i use it when i get on the tren train and it seems to keep me in a decent range and keeps me from getting the hpb headaches

The drug itself has a fairly short active half-life of 6-9hrs via the metabolite and not the parent drug itself.

As well, some individuals that are carrier's of Homozygous CYP2C9*3 alleles are known to be poor metabolizers of drugs such as Losartan. This is not to mention that with the polypharmacy of supplements and Rx's a majority of individuals ingest daily in this lifestyle. There may be some drug-drug/supplement interactions that may induce your BP med, considering its in a substrate class of drugs, in which are susceptible to either rapid induction or inhibition.

IMO, before using an adjuvant Rx. I would either ask your treating clinician to either switch you to BID (twice a day) dosing. Or run some pharmacogenetic testing of CYP2C9.

Would I be better off just splitting the tabs I have in half and dosing twice daily?

My doc told me losartin protects kydneys also if i remember correctly. Can anyone confirm this? Only side i got was for a few months i got dyzziness(head rushes) if i stood up fast, but after a few months this went away.

It does say on the package insert that it is used to help protect the kidneys in diabetics with high blood pressure

The drug itself has a fairly short active half-life of 6-9hrs via the metabolite and not the parent drug itself.

As well, some individuals that are carrier's of Homozygous CYP2C9*3 alleles are known to be poor metabolizers of drugs such as Losartan. This is not to mention that with the polypharmacy of supplements and Rx's a majority of individuals ingest daily in this lifestyle. There may be some drug-drug/supplement interactions that may induce your BP med, considering its in a substrate class of drugs, in which are susceptible to either rapid induction or inhibition.

IMO, before using an adjuvant Rx. I would either ask your treating clinician to either switch you to BID (twice a day) dosing. Or run some pharmacogenetic testing of CYP2C9.

What is your opinion of telmisartan stewie? Do you have any experience wth it?

Would I be better off just splitting the tabs I have in half and dosing twice daily?

Here's what I would suggest after discussing with your prescribing clinician about BID dosing. See if s/he could set you up with a 24 ambulatory BP monitor. This would give better insight if BID dosing is warranted. If you choose to BID dose it won't hurt. Reach out to your clinician about the aforementioned

In the bigger picture, testing your pharmacogenetics would be ideal. Ultimately this tells you and your prescribing clinician(s) what drugs you tolerate best.

What is your opinion of telmisartan stewie? Do you have any experience wth it?

I'm fairly well read with the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of telmisartan.

No, I've never taken it myself. Although, I feel it's a better drug overall. That doesn't mean Losartan isn't of value for management of one's BP.

Last edited:
Here's what I would suggest after discussing with your prescribing clinician about BID dosing. See if s/he could set you up with a 24 ambulatory BP monitor. This would give better insight if BID dosing is warranted. If you choose to BID dose it won't hurt. Reach out to your clinician about the aforementioned

In the bigger picture, testing your pharmacogenetics would be ideal. Ultimately this tells you and your prescribing clinician(s) what drugs you tolerate best.

I'm fairly well read with the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of telmisartan.

No, I've never taken it myself. Although, I feel it's a better drug overall. That doesn't mean Losartan isn't of value for management of one's BP.
So you do feel its a better drug? I think I will talk to him about it. think ill try splitting the tabs in half bid and monitor my blood pressure for the time being and see how the losartan treats me. I haven't noticed anything in the way of sides yet so well see

It does say on the package insert that it is used to help protect the kidneys in diabetics with high blood pressure

Exactly brother i remember my doc telling me that since i am type 1 diabetic.

So you do feel its a better drug? I think I will talk to him about it. think ill try splitting the tabs in half bid and monitor my blood pressure for the time being and see how the losartan treats me. I haven't noticed anything in the way of sides yet so well see

Sounds good :)

Just be conscious of other meds/OTC's/ supplements you may be taking. Such as ibuprofen, high doses ASA, Berberine and St.Johns Wort.

Tell your doc you read up and researched it and you want Telmisartan.

Print some of the literature or articles and take it with you. It's really inexcusable how out of date and/or poorly self educated some regular hometown "family doctors" are on these type of subjects.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131