over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Losing fat questions

silverback66

Registered
So I have gotten into bodybuilding quite a lot in the past 3-4 years! I have always been a bigger guy.. Both in muscular development and body fat! I have played football (American football, for those not in the states) since I was a young kid and even being as active as I was, I stillcheld onto the BF mostly due to diet I now know. I still play on a small local semi-pro team but that is fading fast as bodybuilding is becoming my new found sport, lifestyle and passion. playing a position as a lineman has always given me an excuse to hold onto the weight.. but now that I am in my late 20's I am learning that I have more potential then an overweight football burnout.. I have started dieting and training to cut bodyfat and in the past year and a half I have lost 35lbs and roughly 9%bf my current weight is 228lbs and about 19-20%bf

So whats been working has been working.. basically just eating 6-8 small clean meals a day with 25 min am cardio then another 25 min cardio session after my afternoon workout.

I know i shouldnt mess with what works, but I just read Big A's Growth principles for beginners post and I am very intrigued with his diet outlook. Is there any reason this plan of 500g protein/day and adjusting carbs and fat to control fat practical for a guy as high bf as me trying to lose..?
I want to compete eventually so my goal is to get as big and as lean as I possibly can... anyway just wondered if anyone had any input on Big A's simple diet plan and if it should be tweaked if strictly growth isn't my only goal!

If your goal is to compete I would consider hiring a coach sooner rather than later. You could continue on your current plan a little longer. But be careful not to lose too much lean mass while dieting. A good coach can work with you to get you where you need be much quicker than trial and error. There are a few really good ones here.

Thanks jrock I will look into that!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Stay with BigA and read his other article "Getting ready for competition".

Basically you cut some carbs and try to raise your metabolism a bit.

Start by lowering your carbs, but keep the protein high. You can follow big a's diet protocol, adjusting the amounts to fit you...it has to be tweaked to fit your needs and what your goals are.
I like intermittent fasting, only eating between 12-7pm. Fasted morning cardio works for many people and shows great results for fat burning.

If you are interested in burning a few extra pounds to speed up the process and add some mass while losing fat, check out peptides from GTGCHEM. A ghrp/cjc combo would suit you nice in your goals.

Thanks ALLEX and collinb I tried intermittent fasting once before but I kind of used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted between those hours. So I didn't get great results. Might be worth another shot now that I understand proper diet a lot better. Thanks a ton for the input guys. I've been wanting to check out GTG as well but I've been pretty tight on cash lately.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

So I have gotten into bodybuilding quite a lot in the past 3-4 years! I have always been a bigger guy.. Both in muscular development and body fat! I have played football (American football, for those not in the states) since I was a young kid and even being as active as I was, I stillcheld onto the BF mostly due to diet I now know. I still play on a small local semi-pro team but that is fading fast as bodybuilding is becoming my new found sport, lifestyle and passion. playing a position as a lineman has always given me an excuse to hold onto the weight.. but now that I am in my late 20's I am learning that I have more potential then an overweight football burnout.. I have started dieting and training to cut bodyfat and in the past year and a half I have lost 35lbs and roughly 9%bf my current weight is 228lbs and about 19-20%bf

So whats been working has been working.. basically just eating 6-8 small clean meals a day with 25 min am cardio then another 25 min cardio session after my afternoon workout.

I know i shouldnt mess with what works, but I just read Big A's Growth principles for beginners post and I am very intrigued with his diet outlook. Is there any reason this plan of 500g protein/day and adjusting carbs and fat to control fat practical for a guy as high bf as me trying to lose..?
I want to compete eventually so my goal is to get as big and as lean as I possibly can... anyway just wondered if anyone had any input on Big A's simple diet plan and if it should be tweaked if strictly growth isn't my only goal!

You have a link to it?

You have a link to it?

You do know this thread is old right?? A link to what?? Use the search engine and you should be able to find... If your asking about a link to BigA - post its a sticky

If you are double posting 6 minutes a part on purpose to get post count up - dont do that. :naughty:

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner