over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lost in time

Some really nice pics I have never seen. He looked really good. The top three looked great. I like the look of that era.

Dorian is by far my favorite BB all time. Ronnie was massive but I would much rather have Dorians look.

massive

i like these pics best

Attachments

• dorian.jpg
    dorian.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 577
good pic

another pic i like

Attachments

• dorian2.jpg
    dorian2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 926
And guess who was there sitting in the audience?

Me.

I remember people in the audience saying "man who the hell is that guy?!?!" during prejudging.

Dorian looked a little bit green with his tanning solution.....but he was freakish....Johnny Morant was very impressive also.....Benazziza's back was a sight to behold.

I had no idea who Dorian was then.......but right before the prejudging I was sitting in the row right behind him and he was sitting alone.....someone asked how he was feeling and he said with a strong English accent "Im cramping up, Im cramping up a lil"......

30 minutes later he is onstage and people in the audience are looking at each other with a "Holy shit! Who the hell is this freak?" look.....

Things that stick in my memory....

1) Phil Hill's posing routine to Madonna's Vogue......guy was smooth that day but jesus he had unbelievable muscle mass
2) I see a line of people during the night show going up the aisle and Im thinking "what the hell is that about?"......and there was Shawn Ray sitting at the end of the aisle and there were loads of people trying to get his autograph....Ray was a huge star at that time.....it was weird to me to see everyone scrambling to get his autograph.
3) Sonny Schmidt was another guy everyone was talking about with "wow who is this guy?"....because i think that was his first pro show too--or one of the first.
4) Johnny Morant had alot of Paul Dillett like qualities to him
5) Was cool to see Bob Paris and Benfatto on the same stage
6) I was honored that at the night show they asked me onstage and then when I got there they handed me a broom to sweep during intermission (What!?)

Phil is right....a little bit later Benazizza got so monstrously huge it almost looked weird....at one point (and im not the only one that says this)....that guy had as much muscle mass on his physique per inch of height than anyone in history....I think it was at an Ironman show or something a year or so later...he showed up and he was so ungodly thick...it just didnt look right....its hard to find pics of that show...because he was off...but talk about muscle just hanging off a guy....it was freaky

Last edited:
Benazziza's back

Attachments

• infefdexphpwo7.jpg
    infefdexphpwo7.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 875
Dorian looked a little bit green with his tanning solution.....but he was freakish....

No dude, someone only made him slightly angry.... you wouldn't want to see him when he's angry.....

I actually thought Momo was unfrickin real. He may have only been 5'2, but he had more muscle per square inch than anyone. Next to Tom Platz, Momo benaziza was my favorite...

JM

Johnny Morant was one big boy also....noone ever talks about him but he looked freaky at 6'1"

Attachments

• morant03.jpg
    morant03.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 960
So does anyone know how these guys trained back then? Not Dorian but Benaziza and Morant.

Phil is right....a little bit later Benazizza got so monstrously huge it almost looked weird....at one point (and im not the only one that says this)....that guy had as much muscle mass on his physique per inch of height than anyone in history....I think it was at an Ironman show or something a year or so later...he showed up and he was so ungodly thick...it just didnt look right....its hard to find pics of that show...because he was off...but talk about muscle just hanging off a guy....it was freaky

The 1991 Ironman, here is his posing routine along with Bob Paris and Thierry Pastel. YouTube - 1991 Ironman Pro Evening Contest (Part 2)

insane!

great physique, but ronnie at his best would have handed dorian at his best his ass on stage! you know that bro. NO one was and probably never will be as ripped, as large, and proportioned as ronnie coleman at his best, the guys that stepped on stage with dorian like shawn, flex, levrone actually believed they could possibly beat dorian, those same guys will tell you when they seen ronnie at his best right before going on stage at the olympia they were like "ok so lets see who's can get 2nd place"? they knew they could not beat what they saw, he was that far out of their league. Dorian was a freak and the best of that time but def. no the best ever! ronnie takes that title hands down.

REAL TALK! :cool:
Wrong.

for those that can remember it was i think early 93. Dorian was second to haney in 92. there was a series of photo's published in flex that showed the size improvements dorian made in about 6-8 months between the two shows.

often on these type of photo's there is minimal difference but with dorian it was night and day. Why somebody has posted a photoshopped pic i dont know because if memory serves that was one of the pics from the group and he really did have a wing span but thick with it.

there was about 8 pics and in the second lot he was about 290+ but still very tight for off season. from then on there was no stopping him. true blood and guts british training style.

i remember hearing him say when he went to Golds in the US he saw flex training and he was wearing his going out clothes and so he wouldnt push himself as he didnt want to get sweaty. :rolleyes:

Dorian was the reason I started lifting weights in the first place...I saw his blood and guts video and that was how I wanted to train and look. His intensity was unreal and his results showed how hard he worked. Perfect physique imo

Comedycentral, you're reminding me of the time I was a bit stunned seeing the difference between the 1993 and 1994 models of Yates. He would simply set his mind to adding more muscle and would then do it. I know there's a lot of Ronnie fans, but he never did it for me. I always get egged simply because I say I never felt he was all that when it came to aesthetics. Maybe I was too used to Haney and the pre-tear Yates. But other guys the last few years simply stand out more to me than Ronnie. Don't know if anyone else feels that way, but that's my take.

Yates was inspirational to many people because he wasn't full of b.s. like a lot of other stars. He meant what he said. He would do what he said he was going to do. I remember the first time my brother and I saw him was in a vid from that NOC show and we both said that guy is gonna end up being Mr. Olympia. Yates gave off that type of vibe.

Yates was the man ... :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner