over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lost motivation for the last 3 months

pompsplace

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Hey guys just want some advice of what do you do when that normally happens

I have been out of the gym for at least 3 months and i go everyday because im manager of one but literally i go to work look at the equipment and i just feel like i dont want to touch it and just wanna be home, dont even have the motivation to cook my meals, or when i cook them i forgot to them while im at work.

My heaviest was 245 lbs at 5’9’ with a decent fat percentage. I have been doing if for almost 10 years but now sometimes i park outside of the gym and think “wtf am i doing here?”

Currently im just running test c once a week but i dropped deca within 2 months so if someone can help me with some of advice i would appreciate it

I'm the same way...starts & stops. For me it's the damn cooking/eating/cleaning/repeat. Sounds like a change is warranted. New hobby, passion...relationship. I tend to throw my time into my kids activities. Taking breaks from the gym is actually healthy as long as you squeeze in the cardio which doesn't need to be done "in" the gym.

Hey, how about rapelling down cliffs?:rolleyes:

Might need to prepare yourself for the possibility your interests have changed and it’s time to look for other interests. It happens.

Join a CrossFit gym, join a strongman gym, compete in power lifting or bodybuilding computer..

Or swap to a 2/day a week easy routine and up the dose lol

Hey guys just want some advice of what do you do when that normally happens

I have been out of the gym for at least 3 months and i go everyday because im manager of one but literally i go to work look at the equipment and i just feel like i dont want to touch it and just wanna be home, dont even have the motivation to cook my meals, or when i cook them i forgot to them while im at work.

My heaviest was 245 lbs at 5’9’ with a decent fat percentage. I have been doing if for almost 10 years but now sometimes i park outside of the gym and think “wtf am i doing here?”

Currently im just running test c once a week but i dropped deca within 2 months so if someone can help me with some of advice i would appreciate it

Didn’t you post about using anti depressants in another thread? Well a major side effect is lack of motivation

Since I have put competing on the back burner and focused more on my career and school it’s hard to find something to really push me and motivate me to continue to improve. What I do at times like this is start a new diet that’s something different from what I’m used to like maybe do keto for a few months and then also start a new training program that challenges you. I started a program of John Meadows and it’s a different workout each time your in the gym and really gives you tons of variety and makes training fun. If my body could handle it I would focus on powerlifting and trying to compete again in that but right now that’s not an option so just finding other things to challenge me.

I really like and agree what road glide said above me. But also wanted to mention my own personal opinion cause I’ve been very closel to where you are talkin about. What I found out my problem was is I was revolving my life “too much” around the gym to the point that I didn’t enjoy it anymore. At the time I was just training clients at the gym I worked at.. I was contatantly in the gym between training clients and working out myself. So what I had to do was back off. I didn’t stop going completely but only trained 3 days a week instead of the 6 days I was going and I started finding l other activities that kept me active and and I enjoyed doing. That’s definetly where my kids helped play a huge role as well. They helped me get outta that same funk.

3 months off has created a depression like attitude. u probably have either gained some undesireable weight along with loosing some gains along with loosing some muscle gains and muscle strength. u look in the mirror and may think “i still look pretty good.” I went through this about 4 months ago. what did i do? i started logging onto PM consistently and started to get those training juices flowing again. Gathered info from diet section, pic section, traing logs, etc...started to put together a very basic routine with all compound movements, read up on pre, intra and post workout drinks, diet and suppliments. Then started to get back after it. Training got my hormone levels producing again and then after a few weeks my excitement and energy for the iron came back. muscles statted popping out again and the gym comrodery came back. seeing people i hadnt seen for a while was good. energy started back and then the daily excitement for the gym came back. u have the foundation and the knowledge, in a few weeks u will be back on track. happens to all of us, but internal motivation will only start when u feel like ur actually moving forward and doing something different. u got about 60 days till summer really peaks...get back after it brother!!!

I was depressed back in 2012 when i lost some family members in an accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to hear that man. I hope you didn’t take my post as a negative I’m also on anti depressants as are many of us but the worst side effect for me was a lack of motivation specifically to train. I honestly haven’t found a way to bring the spark back either

If you don't want to train then don't. It's like a race car driver saying "I've lost interest in racing" well then quit! This sport takes hella time and money and doesn't give you anything except a good look.

I love bodybuilding but I have certainly fallen victim before to the idea that I may be something in this (I won't) and sacrificed too much time or money on this and neglected other things that would bring me happiness so I could focus on training.

Bodybuilding is like building a sandcastle in a forest. The only reason to do it is if you really enjoy it.

What road said is very true...my motivation tends to be highest when I start a new diet, exercise program, etc. with a specific goal in mind. Have you just been lifting haphazardly while on test? Perhaps it's time to commit yourself to a strong goal...getting down to a certain weight/BF, pushing to a higher weight on a favorite exercise, etc.

Motivation is a bit of a bitch because after it stops it's difficult to get rolling again. Even with the new diet and training, it can take at least a few weeks to start seeing results, and a lot of people manage to fall off in that time frame. After you see those things start to happen, it's like the motivation is just another part of your daily life. My suggestion is commit yourself to a new routine or diet, set an achievable goal within a 3-month window, and then push through those first few weeks until you're feeling good from the progress.

As others have said though...if it legitimately is something that no longer interests you, then it isn't something you should be spending time on. The advice above is assuming you could still enjoy lifting and are currently just stuck in a rut.

Join a CrossFit gym, join a strongman gym, compete in power lifting or bodybuilding computer..

This. going back and forth between different strength and physique sports can help a lot because they are all very diferent and the training required for them is very different. They all provide different levels of excitement that can keep the fire burning large.

Someone above me replied by saying maybe you just have to accept that your interests have changed. This could be a possibility, BUT..

If you're one of those lifters that have been doing it all your life or a very significant amount of time, at this point you should know deep down whether or not lifting is in your blood.. I'm 32 and have been lifting off and on since i was 13. I'm not the biggest or strongest, but i love this shit. I've had soo many ups and downs, and rough patches over the years, but at this point i know that i'm going to keep doing this until the end. By knowing this, it allows me to suck it up, and keep grinding even when i dont want to.

Figure out if this shit is apart of you. If deep down you believe it is, then suck it up and get on point, and realize that things will get better once you get things moving again and you get your mojo back.

Motivation is a huge factor. I thought I had reached that stage in my life were I was done with being as serious as I was.

But an injury put me out of the gym for 18 months or so. Plus watching all the people around my life just get worse in their health....it renewed a fire in me.

Once I got back in the gym....the fire came back. I seen I could make progress at my age and that made me want it even more.

Now I look at it as I'm proactively looking after my body and health....making an investment in my future. Plus it's such a stress relief....I had forgotten how much I loved it and felt after beating a goal.

Now I'm just competing against myself....and that's all that matters!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

A big part of my motivation is not looking like most everyone else these days. I get it that you might not feel like having your foot mashed on the accelerator all of the time, but if you're in the gym anyway, I'd at least go to some minimilist type of program to maintain much of what you've worked so hard to attain. Perhaps just 2-3 super sets of bench/pull-ups/squats done 2X per week which would take less than 30 minutes/workout and may just get you over the motivation hump until you feel like another push forward.

Try not to be the guy who finds himself 18 months later and 30% bodyfat before he "finds" motivation again ;)

A big part of my motivation is not looking like most everyone else these days. I get it that you might not feel like having your foot mashed on the accelerator all of the time, but if you're in the gym anyway, I'd at least go to some minimilist type of program to maintain much of what you've worked so hard to attain. Perhaps just 2-3 super sets of bench/pull-ups/squats done 2X per week which would take less than 30 minutes/workout and may just get you over the motivation hump until you feel like another push forward.

Try not to be the guy who finds himself 18 months later and 30% bodyfat before he "finds" motivation again ;)

Lol thats the thing most of the guys in ciudad juarez are fat, we just have a handfull of serious lifters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You need an “end”. I know a few guys that only compete for that reason. With no end game you find yourself asking yourself, “what is the point of this?”

gotta ask yourself "why do you lift?" To be swole like the guy that just died at 40 y/o from heart disease? To be healthy, energetic and provide for your family? To come party with me for pool party on memorial day? Answer that and find your inspiration. Maybe its more cardio, change in diet and different overall body look, only you know. We both know "dad bod" is not gonna make you happy?

for those that don't compete its sometimes tough because without a deadline, without a goal.. wtf is the point?? lol especially for the guys that have lived the lifestyle for 15-20+ years

mine went from competitive bodybuilder to just wanting to look really good in the summer lol

May-August I diet harder and do more cardio

the rest of the year I train 4 times a week do my cardio
stay on a trt dose of test and 2 iu gh

this is how I enjoy doing it NOW...and when this stops being fun i'll find something else to do

I myself and I know others that feel this way for up to 6 months after a deca run. Especially if they are low test guys. Try 200 mast weekly with 25 daily proviron for as long as needed after your deca/tren cycles. I also like to do this while on cycle as you will look and feel better. Kinda pricey I know but I am not myself on 19nors without mast proviron and preferably both. I hope this helps you or at least some others as I was going to quit bodybuilding before figuring this out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131