over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lots of guys with high hemoglobin

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just in the past month I have had about 4 guys PM me letting me know about how they had their blood tests and their hemoglobin/hematocrit came back high. One member today reported to me his hemoglobin (hgb) is 19. A hgb of 19 would correspond to a hematocrit of around 57% or so, + or - 1%. This hemoglobin reading he had was after being off deca for 3 weeks too. I once had a hemoglobin of 19 and my hematocrit was 60%. THe correlation is roughly 3:1.

Be careful guys. Most of you would be very surprised to know what levels you are walking around with right now as you read this. Getting a CBC done will give you all the readings you need. Do it while youre on cycle too, not off!

crazy....so does giving blood fix the issue if its high or atleast lower hemoglobin to around 45-50%(normal)

on a second note how awesome is deca compared to the side effects tho...

guys. He's right. Cardiovascular risks are IMO the greatest risks from AAS. They can and WILL kill you. AAS will destroy you HDL, and raise your RBC, hematocrit, and hemoglobin dramatically. Add this with the sleep apnea that AAS and GH can induce and you've got a recipe for heart failure in no time. Please anyone that cycles get a CBC done routinely and donate blood at least every other month and if you can get your doctor to perform phlebotomies regularly.

crazy....so does giving blood fix the issue if its high or atleast lower hemoglobin to around 45-50%(normal)

on a second note how awesome is deca compared to the side effects tho...

Well, a normal hemoglobin would be between about 15-16, and a hematocrit in the mid 40s, around 45 or so.

If your hemoglobin is sitting at 19 it is going to take a series of at least four 500ml blood lettings spaced out once a month. My experience it has taken me three blood lettings to get my hemoglobin down from 17 to 16! Its not easy. If you do it while youre still using steroids it is really difficult. Doing just one phelbotomy or blood donation isnt going to do much of anything, or at least thats my personal experience. It takes awhile to get it down.

THe problem when you cycle is that just about the time you get it down to where it should be, you go back on again and its right back to where it started. If you cruise on more than 150 mg/wl test then its really tough and a constant battle.

Everyone's body is different though, and so I cannot assume all will react this way. Some seem to be able to get by with not so much trouble. the only way to know for you is to get your CBC done. I would do the CBC right at the end of the cycle when its going to be at its worst. take your readings at the end so you can know just how bad it is.

Guys like Emeric and Phil are going to tell you to stay away from Deca. I would have to agree too. I am with Emeric in that I think all you need it test, and low dose at that. I think Phil would agree with using mostly test. I used to like EQ a lot, but its just as bad on you as deca. Neither drug is worth the sides and dangers IMO.

if you can get your doctor to perform phlebotomies regularly.

Good idea. I should have been doing that back when I was using. I did not though, at least not until the end before my heart attack.

Are there any other suggestions along with donating blood. I have always had excellent bp and generally good even on cycle but over the past several months I've noticed it getting hard to control and relatively high for me even on test only. I see my doc every month while on to monitor things, at least I thought because I've never had that test done. Thanks for the post as this should be important to everyone.

Are there any other suggestions along with donating blood. I have always had excellent bp and generally good even on cycle but over the past several months I've noticed it getting hard to control and relatively high for me even on test only. I see my doc every month while on to monitor things, at least I thought because I've never had that test done. Thanks for the post as this should be important to everyone.

Get a CBC done now if your BP is high. I would follow up with another CBC when you finish your cycle to see just how high your hemoglobin gets. If its really high your doc may freak out and wonder what the hell is wrong with you. Its something you must do though.

Taking just test will raise hemoglobin. Ive been fighting keeping mine down and im just taking hrt dose of 100 mg/wk.

Ok. Thank you maldorf. My doc is aware of what I'm using. She is fairly open to lots of things but doesn't understand much about it. I decided to let her know because of my bp increasing which made her want blood so decided honesty was best policy I will be sure to have that done and really appreciate the advice as this is my biggest concern with AAS use and something I was not really to informed of.

Ok. Thank you maldorf. My doc is aware of what I'm using. She is fairly open to lots of things but doesn't understand much about it. I decided to let her know because of my bp increasing which made her want blood so decided honesty was best policy I will be sure to have that done and really appreciate the advice as this is my biggest concern with AAS use and something I was not really to informed of.

I think you have done the right thing and congratulations on finding a doc that didnt chew your head off for using steroids. IMO the cardiovascular system is what takes the hardest hit from what we do to ourselves. Its no coincidence that so many of us on here have suffered side effects and health problems related to the heart. I think its the number one risk, but not the only.

Just in the past month I have had about 4 guys PM me letting me know about how they had their blood tests and their hemoglobin/hematocrit came back high. One member today reported to me his hemoglobin (hgb) is 19. A hgb of 19 would correspond to a hematocrit of around 57% or so, + or - 1%. This hemoglobin reading he had was after being off deca for 3 weeks too. I once had a hemoglobin of 19 and my hematocrit was 60%. THe correlation is roughly 3:1.

Be careful guys. Most of you would be very surprised to know what levels you are walking around with right now as you read this. Getting a CBC done will give you all the readings you need. Do it while youre on cycle too, not off!

I have to admit i'm one of the guys with high hemoglobin. After a cycle of test its around 17 but this course i used deca at 600mg for 8 weeks and, as maldorf said in the orginal post, it jumped to 19. Needless to say, i'm staying away from the deca from now on, even though it made my joints feel the best they have ever felt, which i think was the main reason i made the biggest strength gains of my life this past cycle with it.

I was freaked out when i saw my hemoglobin number. I immediately thought of maldorf and his heart attack. I PMed him, and well -i am just very thankful that he is on this board. Reminding people to get bloodwork done every couple months isnt an easy job. Its much easier to start a thread asking someones favorite oral AAS... or something like that. I think we should be all thankful maldorf's here.

I have to admit i'm one of the guys with high hemoglobin. After a cycle of test its around 17 but this course i used deca at 600mg for 8 weeks and, as maldorf said in the orginal post, it jumped to 19. Needless to say, i'm staying away from the deca from now on, even though it made my joints feel the best they have ever felt, which i think was the main reason i made the biggest strength gains of my life this past cycle with it.

I was freaked out when i saw my hemoglobin number. I immediately thought of maldorf and his heart attack. I PMed him, and well -i am just very thankful that he is on this board. Reminding people to get bloodwork done every couple months isnt an easy job. Its much easier to start a thread asking someones favorite oral AAS... or something like that. I think we should be all thankful maldorf's here.

MSM seems to help me with aches in pains in general including joint pain. Probably not to the extent that deca does but it doesn't have the sides either.

Im about to become a phlebotomist.....looks like this will pay off in more than way

MSM seems to help me with aches in pains in general including joint pain. Probably not to the extent that deca does but it doesn't have the sides either.

I used MSM before and didnt notice much, maybe i didnt use it for long enough? I've been on Animal Flex for a couple of months now and i feel like that is helping.

I`m cruising on 150mg test prop a week and have been for 6 months, is this too high for a cruise in terms of health?

Also what is the next best steroid to stack with test for safety? I like to use tren and mast in the past.. deca and EQ i have hardly ever used and never orals either

as far as safety goes I dont know if anything beats primo and it goes great with test

I`m cruising on 150mg test prop a week and have been for 6 months, is this too high for a cruise in terms of health?

Also what is the next best steroid to stack with test for safety? I like to use tren and mast in the past.. deca and EQ i have hardly ever used and never orals either

150mg a week is probably around right for HRT, maybe a little high but not much off.

Deca and eq will push your hemocrit and hemoglobin levels up. Be careful with these. Orals are hard on the liver and will probably destroy your lipid panel. Not too sure on the masteron. Trens a harsh one on the cholesterol, liver too. Not too sure how tren affects hemocrit levels....maldorf?

I have finally found the solution to my hematocrit problems! I have not had to donate blood in over a year, and my crit is staying at 50 (it used to get up to 53-55 before I would donate).

The answer for me is: Cardio.

I read something by one of the famous bodybuilding "gurus" (forgot which one) about how cardio helps keep hematocrit down. I remember thinking that seemed counter-intuitive, however there is no doubt in my mind that he was correct.

I have finally found the solution to my hematocrit problems! I have not had to donate blood in over a year, and my crit is staying at 50 (it used to get up to 53-55 before I would donate).

The answer for me is: Cardio.

I read something by one of the famous bodybuilding "gurus" (forgot which one) about how cardio helps keep hematocrit down. I remember thinking that seemed counter-intuitive, however there is no doubt in my mind that he was correct.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/741680-post24.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/905182-post11.html

Im no guru but its something I truly believe in if you you meant my previous posts.

Something I've not seen mentioned yet (don't really follow the blood viscosity threads) is dehydration. Dehydration raises hematocrit. It does so in completely sedentary non PES-using citizens. What do bodybuilders do? Eat high protein which in and of itself is dehydrating, sometimes combined with little or no carbs which again is dehydrating.

On top of that they drink so much water that guess what, they dehydrate even more. (yes drinking too much water dehydrates you, more than a gallon a day is wayyy too much) Low sodium intake > dehydration.

You can't counter these things by drinking more water since that will only make it worse.

Most bodybuilders are chronically dehydrated. Add to this the drug practices and the number of casualties so far is actually pretty low. The human body is almost über-resilient.

hypoxia (lack of oxygen) during sleep apnea will also cause an increase in hematocrit, most people with severe sleep apnea have high hematocrit, which few know. So i think anyone on AAS and GH (which has been linked to sleep apnea) or just snore in general should get a sleep study done.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws