over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Love Handles

Did you give it enough time, and above all were you eating enough? Getting 300g carbs from fruits requires A LOT of fruits... ;)

I love my fruits :)

My daily fruit generally consist of; 3 amborsia apples, 2 kiwi, 1/2 cup of wild blue berries, 1 hass avocado, 1/4 of a whole cantaloupe, 3/4 cup cubed mango mixed with mango kefir and 40grams of protein with two TBS of local honey as my post W/O and two handfuls of dried cranberries.

I'll switch up for several different types of fruits to avoid an intolerance. Especially those that are Histamine liberator-types of fruits/foods.

Not so many Giuletta's on PM... don't blame me for being "a bit too nice" where a new one signs up... :p :eek:;)

Why didn't you send me a pm while you were here?!?! :mad: Would have loved to hang out with you, even for a few hours only!!!

I thought about it and definitely would have but I only had 2 nights in Paris and didn't have very much free time. I was only able to see my half brother for an hour, who I haven't seen in 5 years. If I go back anytime soon (which is possible), I will let you know.

I thought about it and definitely would have but I only had 2 nights in Paris and didn't have very much free time. I was only able to see my half brother for an hour, who I haven't seen in 5 years. If I go back anytime soon (which is possible), I will let you know.

I sure hope you will!!! :)

I fully agree with that statement. :)

And wrongly so. ;)

While I was working under Phil's guidance many years ago, I followed his fruit diet for a whole prep till the day of the show... those three months were perhaps the moment in my life I've felt the most energetic/healthy ever! :headbang: So much that these days I still incorporate small phases from time to time in order to give my body a break from boring rice, oats, pastas or beans... and above all detox my system.

Diet is pretty simple, mainly around (for ME) apples, oranges, berries, ananas for carbs, avocados, EVOO, egg yolks for fats, and chicken, tuna, whey iso for protein.

As Phil once told me: "all this talk about fructose is pure non-sense once you step into the squat rack"... probably one of the best advice I ever got BB related. :)

Try some watermelon before training with some BCAA.

Did you give it enough time, and above all were you eating enough? Getting 300g carbs from fruits requires A LOT of fruits... ;)

It was many years again so I guess to be fair I'd have to try it again.

I put my growth in my love handle area seems to help.

Good evening guys and good point Phidias,
I was thinking about the 300 mg of carbs from fruits and just today came upon this study.....

Fructose decreases physical activity and increases body fat without affecting hippocampal neurogenesis and learning relative to an isocaloric glucose diet : Scientific Reports

So much for thinking that there is no such thing as too many fruits. Stewie's fruits sound yummy. I eat TONS of fruits myself so maybe this design is flawed in that all carbs were fructose vs control of glucose...........

Moderation, we always come back to, seems to always be the key.

Happy cusp-of-the-weekend,
Dr.Kim

Good evening guys and good point Phidias,
I was thinking about the 300 mg of carbs from fruits and just today came upon this study.....

Fructose decreases physical activity and increases body fat without affecting hippocampal neurogenesis and learning relative to an isocaloric glucose diet : Scientific Reports

So much for thinking that there is no such thing as too many fruits. Stewie's fruits sound yummy. I eat TONS of fruits myself so maybe this design is flawed in that all carbs were fructose vs control of glucose...........

Moderation, we always come back to, seems to always be the key.

Happy cusp-of-the-weekend,
Dr.Kim

A lot of different opinions floating around. Scott Abel says no fruits for being hard and going into a show. So, who knows?...

I remember reading that those on ALL fruit diets, ending up getting rotten teeth.

Last edited:
Yea-this study would support that,then you have other guys who swear by their fruit. IMHO everyone has different enzymatics pathways amped up or down and we all need to really listen to our bodies where any types of foods are concerned.....

I pretty much consider fruits as mother nature's(God,lol) dessert.

I like love handles with built-in thumb holders...

6715235ac3ec7ba0b2f4ee932dea8056.jpg

Thanks ALLEX, now my nuts are gonna be in a vice with the wife. LOL

Yea-this study would support that,then you have other guys who swear by their fruit. IMHO everyone has different enzymatics pathways amped up or down and we all need to really listen to our bodies where any types of foods are concerned.....

Correct! The biggest deactivation or lowered activity of intestinal sucrase is related too intestinal temperature and pH. The more alkaline our intestinal tract is, the less sugars are utilized and broken down.

Accordingly, an intestinal pH around 6 is considered optimal for efficient surcase activity.

A lot of different opinions floating around. Scott Abel says no fruits for being hard and going into a show. So, who knows?...

I remember reading that those on ALL fruit diets, ending up getting rotten teeth.

Everybody relax, The dosages of fructose (from whole fruits) required to produce negative effects are quite high. Is not impossible, but damn near impossible through fruit alone.

In one study conducted by the University of Fribourg in Switzerland had one group of the 15 volunteers drink a beverage containing 60 grams of fructose, and another a beverage with the same amount of glucose. The result: blood pressure levels were elevated for 2 hours in the fructose group, but not the glucose group.

Well, that’s the fructose found in about 9 bananas, 15 cups of strawberries.

Yet another study, this time conducted by the University of California, had participants get 25% of their daily calories from fructose.
25% of daily calories? Well, I eat close to 3,000 calories per day, so that would call for about 175 grams of fructose per day.

Reaching dangerous levels through fruit alone would require deliberate overfeeding. Not only that, but the fiber content of fruit changes how your body deals with the sugars. Fruit also contains various phytochemicals that are good for our health.

Bottom line: consuming 30 grams of fructose from fruit is different than drinking 30 grams of pure fructose. So enjoy your fruits.

Everybody relax, The dosages of fructose (from whole fruits) required to produce negative effects are quite high. Is not impossible, but damn near impossible through fruit alone.

In one study conducted by the University of Fribourg in Switzerland had one group of the 15 volunteers drink a beverage containing 60 grams of fructose, and another a beverage with the same amount of glucose. The result: blood pressure levels were elevated for 2 hours in the fructose group, but not the glucose group.

Well, that’s the fructose found in about 9 bananas, 15 cups of strawberries.

Yet another study, this time conducted by the University of California, had participants get 25% of their daily calories from fructose.
25% of daily calories? Well, I eat close to 3,000 calories per day, so that would call for about 175 grams of fructose per day.

Reaching dangerous levels through fruit alone would require deliberate overfeeding. Not only that, but the fiber content of fruit changes how your body deals with the sugars. Fruit also contains various phytochemicals that are good for our health.

Bottom line: consuming 30 grams of fructose from fruit is different than drinking 30 grams of pure fructose. So enjoy your fruits.

Emeric,

How many grams of carbs from fruit per day would you say is healthy and good for us?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws