advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low body temperature = poor thyroid function??

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ever since Dante made a facebook post where he mentioned low body temperature probably meant the person has hypothyroidism, I've been taking mine and it is very low, 96-97. This is pretty concerning as it might mean I have poor thyroid function.

I'm going to try to schedule an appointment to get bloods to see what my T3/T4/TSH levels are but what does someone normally take in order to fix this problem? T3?

Body temperature can fluctuate, don't get hung up on "98.6 °F". This is like saying "every males testosterone level should be exactly 500 ng/dL" ----- 97-99°F is consider normal.

Keep this in mind. Measuring oral temperature cannot accurately indicate core body temperature.

Last edited:
If you think its thyroid function

supplement with the following:

Coconut oil (At least 1 serving everyday)
Selenium (Brazil nuts)
Iodine (I get sea salt with iodine for this)

All very essential for thyroid function and will have it in tip top shape in not time

Are you dieting?

Not really, although I did go lower calories the last couple of days than normally. I'm also very overtrained right now, which I know could play a factor but I still don't think it's normal.

Body temperature can fluctuate, don't get hung up on "98.6 °F". This is like saying "every males testosterone level should be exactly 500 ng/dL" ----- 97-99°F is consider normal.

Keep this in mind. Measuring oral temperature cannot accurately indicate core body temperature.

Well unfortunately, mine (taken orally) has been between 95.7-97 in the last 3 days. It's always lowest in the morning. I'm going to buy a rectal thermometer now to see if there is a difference, which I've read there might be. Seeing it below 96 all day so far today is pretty concerning to me, especially since I have all the symptoms.

If you think its thyroid function

supplement with the following:

Coconut oil (At least 1 serving everyday)
Selenium (Brazil nuts)
Iodine (I get sea salt with iodine for this)

All very essential for thyroid function and will have it in tip top shape in not time

Thx for the suggestion, I already take coconut oil but not the other two things.

I'm definitely an advocate of proper uptake of minerals and vitamins. As Euro pointed out, It may be that you are in an insufficient state with the essential nutrients for optimal thyroid function.

Some people run warmer/cooler than others. Like many things it's very individual. Instead of taking your temp first thing upon waking up. Try it a few times in the early afternoon instead.

Well shit, I bought a rectal thermometer and my temp was 98.6. I used the same thermometer orally and it's 96.2ish. Didn't realize it was such a huge difference.

Did you wash it afterwards?

Nope, made sure to taste it ;)

lol wtf :naughty

have you used t3 anytime in in the past couple months?

most likely it indicates low thyroid, remember everyones genetics are different, people that get ripped most likely have grat thyroid ripping genetics while people tht have trouble naturally lower levels

98.6 is the norm and a degree over or under is normal; *remember though, for a bodybuilder that two degree difference can cause the difference of being extremely lean and shredded

I ve been taking my temp daily recently

Last edited:
lol wtf :naughty

have you used t3 anytime in in the past couple months?

most likely it indicates low thyroid, remember everyones genetics are different, people that get ripped most likely have grat thyroid ripping genetics while people tht have trouble naturally lower levels

98.6 is the norm and a degree over or under is normal; *remember though, for a bodybuilder that two degree difference can cause the difference of being extremely lean and shredded

I ve been taking my temp daily recently

Believe it or not, I've never used T3 in my life. I have used HGH though if that has any effect on thyroid function. I am pretty ripped now. My avatar was from the other day. I guess I didn't really have low body temperature.

I'm definitely an advocate of proper uptake of minerals and vitamins. As Euro pointed out, It may be that you are in an insufficient state with the essential nutrients for optimal thyroid function.

Any particular brands ud recommend?

Sent from my i pi using Tapatrash....

you mentioned rectal, which is a degree higher than regular way of taking. I do under the tounge

new research seems to show that its 98.2 rather than 98.6

Normal Body Temperature : Rethinking the normal human body temperature - Harvard Health

that said, if its 99 degrees , since thryoid levels regulate temperature youd most likely get leaner your contest prep, than if it were 97 degrees

and like I mentioned in another thread chris aceto got his thyroid levels check in early 90's dieting for a competition, and his were low and he got in contest condition

Last edited:
Adrenal fatigue can do this as well. See if your mother also runs low. There are some genetics involved. You can measure cortisol and DHEA levels as well.

Dan Duchaine started this as an impromptu way of evaluating your thyroid function. He recommended taking your temp first thing in the morning...as soon as you wake up. Your body temp is lowest then.

He discusses this in his Bodyopus book...which I have. I just wish I could find it.

Adrenal fatigue can do this as well. See if your mother also runs low. There are some genetics involved. You can measure cortisol and DHEA levels as well.

Yea I read this too, and my adrenal system feels fried. I was stupid and overtrained and also took EC so I'm taking a week off.

Yea I read this too, and my adrenal system feels fried. I was stupid and overtrained and also took EC so I'm taking a week off.

nothign wrong with ec stack . overtraining, thats how you learn fail and next time you know what to do. ve been bodybuilding thirteeen years now and my body i can feel it that day whther to go pretty damn f%^&*() hard or hold back shy of failure

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws