over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

low carb diet insuling response

Macdaddy

FOUNDING Member
Registered
low carb diet insulin response

I was just wondering how a low or no carb diet like the keto or CKD diet would work to preserve muscle when there are no carbs to produce any insulin response. We all know that a keto or CKD diet is mostly fat and protein - neither of which will produce an insulin response, and we know that insulin is the "storage" hormone. So how can any protein (aminos) be stored as muscle? I am sure you might get a slight insulin response due to protein to carb conversion, but that would be negligible.

Would you not always need insulin present to store aminos and build or maintain muscle? And to get insulin in any reasonable amount, would you not have to take in carbs?

Last edited:
For now, yes. Why would AAS have anything to do with insulin response?

Protein and fat causes an insulin response

Yes, but very minimally. How are the aminos getting into the muscle if there is little if any insulin available?

My question is not in regards to AAS and protein loss. It is in regards to insulin response during a low or no carb diet.

I would like to know the mode of action the body uses to store and utilize amino acids when there is no or low insulin present due to low carbs in the diet.

My question is not in regards to AAS and protein loss. It is in regards to insulin response during a low or no carb diet.

I would like to know the mode of action the body uses to store and utilize amino acids when there is no or low insulin present due to low carbs in the diet.

I'm not sure how that works... We all know that insulin shuttles glucose into the cells... Low carb/high fat/protein changes that... As for AAS, that changes it a lot... Without it, CKD/low carb really sucks!!!

Not sure if this is going to answer your question, but rather than copy paste something from google, I will try and remember what I know from my master's days on diet and nutrition....Eating a protein rich meal causes glucagons, which carbs (as I remember?) do not. Glucagons can raise blood sugar and that will allow for absorption of amino acids in our liver, and trans to glucose (more than minimally). So, these glucagons will keep blood sugars high enough to elicit an insulin response…I may be off, but I think that is 99% correct.

I'll add that this is of course only applicable in an environment that is efficient, not an inefficient one and many of use have inefficient environments (bodies)....

I'm not sure how that works... We all know that insulin shuttles glucose into the cells... Low carb/high fat/protein changes that... As for AAS, that changes it a lot... Without it, CKD/low carb really sucks!!!

Why would AAS change how insulin shuttles glucose and aminos into the muscle cell? AAS would only make this process more efficient, but if there was very little insulin to shuttle, then what would it matter how efficient this process was. The weakest link is that there is minimal insulin present is it not?

Define minimal in that context...

There is insulin response with protein intake. Add to that, there is sufficient insulin response. There are a plethora of studies showing this.

So what you are saying is that during a Keto or CKD diet, the protein itself creates enough insulin response to shuttle the left over aminos into the muscle? Would excess protein cause to much gluconeogenesis and knock you out of Keto or is that not possible? I assume the fat is being used as fuel so no worries of fat storage with the insulin response correct?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131