over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low DHT

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
We all know the pros and cons of DHT but for those who have had theirs tested, where were you sitting at? Just got mine back, sitting at 22ng/dL with a range of 30-85.

DHT is primarily expressed intracellularly, as most 5AR is found inside cells and DHT created there doesn't have to leave the cell to activate the AR. Blood values mean little. Research on hair loss talks about this.

If you can get your hands on some Androgel. Dab a bit on the ole nut sack. Yeah, weird as it sounds, I'll do this every now and again to bump my DHT levels up.

Or you could add a bit of extra zinc in the mix.

Some males (very few) have reported a bump in their DHT levels with supplementing DHEA. Tho this is more common in females than males, more than likely due to their enzymes activity of 3ßHSD/17ß-HSD. In which plays a pivotal role in the transcriptional activity to androstenedione ---> androstanedione--> DHT.

If you can get your hands on some Androgel. Dab a bit on the ole nut sack. Yeah, weird as it sounds, I'll do this every now and again to bump my DHT levels up.

Some males (very few) have reported a bump in their DHT levels with supplementing DHEA. Tho this is more common in females than males, more than likely due to their enzymes activity of 3ßHSD/17ß-HSD. In which plays a pivotal role in the transcriptional activity to androstenedione ---> androstanedione--> DHT.

Is this because the skin is so thin there?

Is this because the skin is so thin there?

That, as well as a little ole study was done indicating a bit higher 5-ar on the scrotal area.

I'm going to add some Zinc Picolinate in.

Thanks. Nice read.

We all know the pros and cons of DHT but for those who have had theirs tested, where were you sitting at? Just got mine back, sitting at 22ng/dL with a range of 30-85.
In 2016, 128 (30-85 is the range) was my dht level on 175mg e5d of a ugl. So maybe that was 200/wk...maybe it was closer to 250. (No ai was used)
Test levels were 1018.

In 2018, Rx Watson at 300mg/wk has me at 149. My total test was 1379 and I was using 12.5aromasin eod.

As I suspected then and have confirmed, I have high levels of dht on trt/aas. This is why I suspect I have had to battle issues with acne...especially after adding hormones years ago. It's not terrible acne but it can be bad and any degree of excessive/bad/cystic acne sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In 2016, 128 (30-85 is the range) was my dht level on 175mg e5d of a ugl. So maybe that was 200/wk...maybe it was closer to 250. (No ai was used)
Test levels were 1018.

In 2018, Rx Watson at 300mg/wk has me at 149. My total test was 1379 and I was using 12.5aromasin eod.

As I suspected then and have confirmed, I have high levels of dht on trt/aas. This is why I suspect I have had to battle issues with acne...especially after adding hormones years ago. It's not terrible acne but it can be bad and any degree of excessive/bad/cystic acne sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Interesting and this was the reason I got my DHT tested, for acne. I almost was certain it was DHT related because all other hormones are in range yet still have pretty bad back acne. Only time it clears, when t levels tank. I'm adding in some zinc thanks to Stewie recommendation and just going to see what that does.

DHT testing often uses the same crappy testing method used for regular estradiol testing (ELISA methodology), this will make some compounds show up as DHT that are not, such as var. Much like how tren shows up as estradiol when ELISA methodology is used (this is the reason we use the "sensitive" testing).

Would you say androgel is better for dht v.s. straight dht gel?

DHT would be ideally suited if one is looking to directly raise their DHT levels.

Through delivery of androgel there's dermal fibroblasts that regulate the expression of aromatase. So you'll get a bump of a rise in estradiol with androgel.

I understand what Kaladryn has previously stated and is true on the biological actions of intracellular signaling. Unfortunately we can't directly measure this quantitatively. Thyroid hormones, particularly T3 functions in the same manner, intracellularly.

So in these types of situations this is where pulling a free assay helps us understand if there's sufficient unbound hormones.

If one's curious they can pull their free DHT levels.

Last edited:
DHT would be ideally suited if one is looking to directly raise their DHT levels.

Through delivery of androgel there's dermal fibroblasts that regulate the expression of aromatase. So you'll get a bump of a rise in estradiol with androgel.

I understand what Kaladryn has previously stated and is true on the biological actions of intracellular signaling. Unfortunately we can't directly measure this quantitatively. Thyroid hormones, particularly T3 functions in the same manner, intracellularly.

So in these types of situations this is where pulling a free assay helps us understand if there's sufficient unbound hormones.

If one's curious they can pull their free DHT levels.

Well there’s only one way to tell. Just ordered a blood test and some Russianstar DHT

DHT testing often uses the same crappy testing method used for regular estradiol testing (ELISA methodology), this will make some compounds show up as DHT that are not, such as var. Much like how tren shows up as estradiol when ELISA methodology is used (this is the reason we use the "sensitive" testing).

Yes indeed; this perfectly explains how my DHT was just tested at >1250 (with a reference range of 112-955 pg/mL). I am on a fertility program that includes 50mg of Proviron per day, along with 200mg of Watson Test Cyp (and HCG, HMG, and Clomid.) It's not that my actual DHT levels are that high, the mesterolone just shows up as DHT, which only makes sense given the nature of the compound.

Yes indeed; this perfectly explains how my DHT was just tested at >1250 (with a reference range of 112-955 pg/mL). I am on a fertility program that includes 50mg of Proviron per day, along with 200mg of Watson Test Cyp (and HCG, HMG, and Clomid.) It's not that my actual DHT levels are that high, the mesterolone just shows up as DHT, which only makes sense given the nature of the compound.

I should state that I have no way of now for SURE if my Var was legit, it could have been Proviron, something I considered after reading this thread, but the same principle applies...

I’m not gonna lie I am curious as to all the penis enlargement talk about dht gel lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws