over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Dose Aldactone for HGH Water Bloat

GDADDYG8

Registered
Has anyone tried using low dose of aldactone while using HGH to combat the water retention?

I am very susceptible to water retention and really have to keep a close eye on my estrogen. It gets worse when using HGH. I am 8% BF but my face looks like I am fat as fuck. My mobility is shit because of all the water I’m holding. Part of it is the HGH and the other part is I finished a bodybuilding competition a 8 days ago. All the excess carbs with dehydration rebound has me holding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried using low dose of aldactone while using HGH to combat the water retention?

I am very susceptible to water retention and really have to keep a close eye on my estrogen. It gets worse when using HGH. I am 8% BF but my face looks like I am fat as fuck. My mobility is shit because of all the water I’m holding. Part of it is the HGH and the other part is I finished a bodybuilding competition a 8 days ago. All the excess carbs with dehydration rebound has me holding.

No comment on aldactone. But were you ever pretty fat? I mean by normal person standards, not this board... Like 20% plus BF

Anecdotal but I've noticed a fair amount of people who lose significant amounts of fat (like 50+ lbs) tend to just have fatter looking faces. I know that's the case for me.

Nah man always was a lean kid ate a ton and played soccer. Never got over 12% BF. Appreciate any input though!

Have you tried more natural diuretics stack? Like:

Vit C
Green tea extract
Drinking green tea during the day
Water out from Now foods

For me is good in the offseason

IMG_2036.jpg IMG_2037.jpg

This is me not holding in my stomach. Feet are swollen, mobility is shit, hard to breathe....I got lasix on hand.....tempted to use that shit. Looking for help.

I’m bloated as hell and uncomfortable. I have OTC natural diuretic hasn’t really done shit. Just think all the carbs I’ve been eating post contest has sucked in a ton of water and it won’t come off. Plus I started HGH a few days ago and it’s gotten worse.

Last edited:
In my opinion playing with diuretics isn’t smart, and I’ve also never noticed the “GH Bloat” people are so afraid of... I was leaner and vascular and no bloat what so ever, if anything I had tighter skin and less water....

In my opinion playing with diuretics isn’t smart, and I’ve also never noticed the “GH Bloat” people are so afraid of... I was leaner and vascular and no bloat what so ever, if anything I had tighter skin and less water....

Lucky you!! Lol

Using a small amount of diuretic in the days immediately after your show to control water is ok. Dave Palumbo recommends 1/2 diazide if needed.

I would not recommend using a low dose diuretic as a long-term solution for water retention. Look at your diet, sodium to water ratio, type of GH, etc.

Lucky you!! Lol

Dude that’s bloated to you? Lol man I used to think body dysmorphia was bullshit but what some of you guys call bloated is what some guys are dieting and striving for lol...

You look good bro, stop comparing yourself to the leanness you had while on stage, you can’t expect to grow and be 4% at the same time... If you’re concentrated on growing right now, do just that and worry later about being lean, if you want to stay lean and don’t care about growing but you want to recomp then check your diet/carb intake as well as your water/sodium intake.. More water = more sodium which I’m sure you know...

Dude that’s bloated to you? Lol man I used to think body dysmorphia was bullshit but what some of you guys call bloated is what some guys are dieting and striving for lol...

You look good bro, stop comparing yourself to the leanness you had while on stage, you can’t expect to grow and be 4% at the same time... If you’re concentrated on growing right now, do just that and worry later about being lean, if you want to stay lean and don’t care about growing but you want to recomp then check your diet/carb intake as well as your water/sodium intake.. More water = more sodium which I’m sure you know...

Thanks for the advice man, I hear ya. The water retention is real I had to loosen my shoes to put them on, can barely wash my back and wipe my ass, it’s a struggle to put my shoes on my feet. My face has blown up full moon. I want to grow but this water it ridiculous. Haven’t even mentioned the crippling back pumps...idk maybe this is normal??

I am not afraid of putting on some water and fat to grow. This is kind of ridiculous though

Only thing I would be worried about is my blood pressure, if it's high then GET OFF THE GH.

How many iu's of GH are you taking daily?

Don't use a diuretic post contest. Let your body recovery from the diet you were just on. Don't gorge on food, get your electrolytes balanced, you're in the rebound stage. Revisit things a month down the road. Like b-boy said, watch your BP. He's an IFBB Pro giving you some sound advice!

diuretics can be used quite safely for long peroids of time. But;

A) they're almost surely going to work negatively against resitance training
B) aldactone is entirely too much for this purpose

I'm not advocating diuretics, as I said its going to work against you, but diuretics arent this nasty beast everyone makes them out to be (when used correctly)

Thanks for the advice man, I hear ya. The water retention is real I had to loosen my shoes to put them on, can barely wash my back and wipe my ass, it’s a struggle to put my shoes on my feet. My face has blown up full moon. I want to grow but this water it ridiculous. Haven’t even mentioned the crippling back pumps...idk maybe this is normal??

I am not afraid of putting on some water and fat to grow. This is kind of ridiculous though

Well as Bboy said, check your blood pressure. You can buy a monitor for BP at a decent price and it’s always a good investment anyway.. What else are you taking along with the GH?

diuretics can be used quite safely for long peroids of time. But;

A) they're almost surely going to work negatively against resitance training
B) aldactone is entirely too much for this purpose

I'm not advocating diuretics, as I said its going to work against you, but diuretics arent this nasty beast everyone makes them out to be (when used correctly)
I don't think anyone is saying they are bad, I know girls that are prescribed diuretics just for their monthly cycle (I use to get my diuretics for my shows from them). I just don't believe it necessary to take it for GH unless your blood pressure is high because of it. I would do EVERYTHING else I could for the water retention and leave those as a last resort.
1. Try lowering the carbohydrates in your diet
2. Try lowering the GH dosage
3. Try EOD dosing
4. Switch GH brands (some make me hold water, some make me dry and tight)

I don't think anyone is saying they are bad, I know girls that are prescribed diuretics just for their monthly cycle (I use to get my diuretics for my shows from them). I just don't believe it necessary to take it for GH unless your blood pressure is high because of it. I would do EVERYTHING else I could for the water retention and leave those as a last resort.
3. Try EOD dosing

Lol not yet but someone was bound to spout off pseudoscience on the subject. As for OPs bloat, youre correct, treat the problem not the symptom.

I know its off topic but I'm almost sure there several pros, mainly in physique, that likely use light diuretics nearly year round. Diuretic use is likely more frequent than forums may lead you to believe.

OP if you ask me the issue is youre not "10-12% bf."

Since slice is on Prozac I'll pick up for him.

Last edited:

3. Try EOD dosing

Thank you for the response!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member