over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Fat vs Low carb!!

blackrock

Registered
What is ideal?? There seems to be pros and cons on both sides.

The only time I could get in the best shape of my life was with low carb. I liked the way I looked but I could not maintain it over a long period of time. Also I was "out of steam" a lot more. I could do a low intensity cardio but high intensity cardio was a whole different story.
Also the constipation was not good, and my BUN/ Creatinine would always be slightly high cause of the dehydration.
on the flip side it was great on cholestrol, and I definitely was in the best shape.

Low fat diets.. They are a bit more maintainable over months to years. I can do higher intensity cardio which is better for your heart. Constipation is not an issue. And I am not "dehydrated" as much. But I have never gotten into the same shape as a low carb diet. (GRanted I have not tried it hard enough like I did with low carb. so maybe its just that.)

Is it true, that when you body fat is in the 13-14% it doesnt really matter? its all about calories, and as long you keep your protein high you should see results. Only when it comes down to 8ish% is when you need to start splitting hair?

There are so many variables but if I had to hop on one side of the fence I would say using low fat is optimal for me. I find I look better, can eat more, train harder, get better pumps, etc. I personally dont feel like I gain much fat from eating carbs as long as fat is relatively absent. Main downside to low fat for me is the EXTREME hunger.

I honestly do not buy into low carb diets for long term.
In cycles, they produce results but it is hard to maintain, for me at least.
I have done 6 months at the most and then broke, and broke hard. Vanilla shakes and french fries were my best friends for a month.
Low fat is much easier for me to maintain.

100 net carbs and 90 grams fat work for me and keep me sane,usuall have 250-300 gams protein also.

Low fat for me. 300 carbs add lots as I'll go. I get cranky, can't sleep, feel life shit and crave junk food so day on lose carb. Lots car to me means below 250. The fat drops a lot faster too with equal calories to low carb. Low carb just seems to sit my metabolism down fatty. Carbs seem to ramp it up a lot

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I think it depends on what AAS your on or if natural. But carbs are wayyyy more anabolic then fats. Try putting on serious mass on a low carb diet-most likely not happening. Also, fats are important but you can get by on low fats for fairly long periods of time without negative changes to your physique. If on tren-low fats and high carbs and moderate protein. On any bulking compound-moderate to fats, protein, and carbs. But unless you are late late in a prep there isn't much need for low carbs. If you spill over from carbs then slowly increase your carbs by 10-20 carbs average a day from week to week. Not day to day but week to week just increasing your average. You need carbs to grow-pretty much any adult male bodybuilder should be able to eat 300 grams of carbs at a minimum without fat gain or spilling over. If natural then a little higher fats are needed then if enhanced.

High pro, med low fat while carb cycling

I am a fat ass and low carb has worked well for me in the past. I would do low fat for long term and low carb for short term, "quick" results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zero carbs (under 50/day only from veg) for 2 days on/off works great. You can see the end and smell the carbs coming as soon as you start but still get good results. Low fat is non-sense marketing started in the 80`s by food companies.

Cyclic keto kills them both. No competition.

im totally a low fat high carb guy

What im coming to find is what I do this diet , isnt what I should be doing my next diet LOL evolve... grow... learn to listen to my body = best I can be

carbs pro fats, all have their place, it just depends when you use them, what stages your at , whether your bulking or cutting, etc, i would always keep carbs and fats in my diet, and vary high to low days on both carbs and fats.

what is the minimum amount to kept natural hormone levels good.some say never go below .5 grms others between .3 to .4 i also read that most people only need 30-40 grms but most should be saturated.

Balance!!! Amount of carbs needed along with amount of fat needed!!

Stuck in the 80's, ignorance is not bliss

Not at all. No one approach is best. Why fuck about with low carb if you respond well to carbs and enjoy eating them. Better mood, better workouts and better fat loss for me with high carb. Others will be the opposite. For some reason low carb guys like patio guys seem to want to push there belives on others. My mate feels great on 50 carbs a day and drops fat fast. Not as fast as I do on 300 carbs though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I'll take high fat with low carb any day of the week over high carb with low fat.

Macros should adjust based on training. If you're doing high volume and incorporating some HIIT on top of it, your body is going to need carbs. Otherwise it will use amino acids. If their not available, it will catabolize muscle tissue. Fat is not utilized as a source of fuel for this type of training (well very little).

On the other hand, if you do low volume with high intensity (let's say 12 sets of 3 to 5 reps) and limit cardio to just walking, then low carb may work very well.

We also have to clarify what is "low". For me anything below 200 gm is low. I've been at 200 gm for about a week and feel I'm needing a carb-up soon.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws