over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Fat vs Low carb!!

This is a highly individual choice where genetics actually play a pretty big role. With people who don't know or can't figure out what works best for them, being moderate with all 3 macros is not a bad idea. There just isn't a need to be extreme.

I dropped 45 pounds and easily maintained over the last 8 months on 2,000 calorie, 300 protein, 150 carbs, 40 fat.

My trick is I don’t cut calories to burn fat, I increase my exercise. If I want to burn 1 pound a week, I do an extra 500 calories of exercise daily. If I want to lose 2 pounds a week, I do 1000 calories of exercise daily. If I don’t work out at all for a week or a month, my weight stays the same and I don’t gain it back because my caloric intake is fixed at my BMR.

This is what I’m sticking to until the box goes in to the ground. The diet yo-yo gets really old after a while.

CKD with targeted low GI Carbs around workouts for me, but depends on goals.

If you want to bean a lean, more greek type body year-round, CKD works really well. If you want to add a bunch of Mass, you will need carbs daily. My body and face look much better on CKD, but my muscles are pretty flat half of the week.

Long-term low carb, and you will slowly waste away. You can get really lean, but you will not maintain much mass.

I dropped 45 pounds and easily maintained over the last 8 months on 2,000 calorie, 300 protein, 150 carbs, 40 fat.

My trick is I don’t cut calories to burn fat, I increase my exercise. If I want to burn 1 pound a week, I do an extra 500 calories of exercise daily. If I want to lose 2 pounds a week, I do 1000 calories of exercise daily. If I don’t work out at all for a week or a month, my weight stays the same and I don’t gain it back because my caloric intake is fixed at my BMR.

This is what I’m sticking to until the box goes in to the ground. The diet yo-yo gets really old after a while.

what do you weigh now?? how tall and what body fat are you at? what is your age?

How did you burn 1k extra calories a day?? THats a lot of heavy intense cardio for 90 ish minutes..

Cycle your carbohydrates/protein/fat.
As carbohydrate goes up protein can come down slightly.
As carbohydrate goes down protein and fat goes up.
It's about finding a sustainable balance for you as an individual.

what do you weigh now?? how tall and what body fat are you at? what is your age?

How did you burn 1k extra calories a day?? THats a lot of heavy intense cardio for 90 ish minutes..

240-245 pounds, 5'11", 18-19% BF, and almost 50. I lost on average 1-2 pounds a week over 8 months, I started at 280-285.

I actually got the diet from a guy on a similar forum that claimed to maintain 5-7% BF year-round for 25+ years and had pics to prove. I thought if he could do it, so could I.

I train at home and have a 1 hour workout where I train the whole body 3 times a week. For my rest between sets I HIIT the Schwinn Airdyne for 60 seconds and then the next set. Sometimes I'll do another cardio session in the PM but I always take a 10-15 minute walk break every 50 min at work to keep the metabolism up which is about 1 hour+ of walking.

Naturally I can’t keep that up every day but I do try. According to the calorie expenditure calculator on “MyFitnessPal” iPad app, it’s close to 1,000 calories a day. I keep track of all calories consumed and all calories expended every day. It’s easy to do with iPad type technology and only takes a few minutes a day.

Anyway, my goal is to get down to 205 which will probably take another 8 months to do it correctly and I’m never going back.

The secret to diet is what we’ve been told our whole lives, burn more calories than you consume. There are some short cuts but unless your diet is on point 365 days a year afterwards, you will gain all the weight back and then some.

Diet is really just simple math and it took me amost 50 years to figure that out. Ha!

Not at all. No one approach is best. Why fuck about with low carb if you respond well to carbs and enjoy eating them. Better mood, better workouts and better fat loss for me with high carb. Others will be the opposite. For some reason low carb guys like patio guys seem to want to push there belives on others. My mate feels great on 50 carbs a day and drops fat fast. Not as fast as I do on 300 carbs though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

You're right, depending on what chemicals you're using. Natural? No way. No way that high carb, low fat is better for ideal body comp than cyclic. Never gonna happen. Don't care who you are.

Last edited:
I find lower carb works better until I hit about 8-10% then lower fat and bringing carbs up as calories go down helps keep muscle on me and when lean insulin sensitivity is a lot higher.

My approach currently while trying to grow is 2 days high carb one day low carb on non weight days.

I find lower carb works better until I hit about 8-10% then lower fat and bringing carbs up as calories go down helps keep muscle on me and when lean insulin sensitivity is a lot higher.

My approach currently while trying to grow is 2 days high carb one day low carb on non weight days.

Ever try the opposite? Low carb mod fat to meet cal requirement on weight training days and high carb on off days?

In my experience there's no one way for everyone. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently to different diets. When i'm bulking, high carbs, high good fats, and HIGH protein. When i'm leaning out, I agree with the cyclic keto diet. Jacks my metabolism, gives me carb blowouts to look forward to, and leans me out while keeping my muscle in tact. But I figured this out after doing a LOT of tinkering with MY diet, to find out what worked best for ME

You're right, depending on what chemicals you're using. Natural? No way. No way that high carb, low fat is better for ideal body comp than cyclic. Never gonna happen. Don't care who you are.

No. High carb world's better for me too natural. I don't use thyroid hormones or fat burners or even gh cutting. A calorie deficit is a deficit carbs or not. I keep protein at 250 and slowly bring fats down until all im adding is fish oil. I finished cut on 2800 calories this way. On them cals with my metabolism fat has no choice but to burn. All i used was test to hold muscle. I've cut naturally with high carb in past. 300 carbs is only 1200 calories. Carb phobia has got silly these days. Why will you not accept that SOME people respond very well to carbs. Some don't

Last edited:
No. High carb world's better for me too natural. I don't use thyroid hormones or fat burners or even gh cutting. A calorie deficit is a deficit carbs or not. I keep protein at 250 and slowly bring fats down until all im adding is fish oil. I finished cut on 2800 calories this way. On them cals with my metabolism fat has no choice but to burn. All i used was test to hold muscle. I've cut naturally with high carb in past. 300 carbs is only 1200 calories. Carb phobia has got silly these days. Why will you not accept that SOME people respond very well to carbs. Some don't

300 carbs isnt 1200 calories. Assuming your getting them all from rice which is zero fat and (i read thats what you like theres still 3-4gram protein in 35grams so 35gram carbs rice is 150 cals) meaning 300grams carbs from rice is 1285 calories (just saying)

300 carbs isnt 1200 calories. Assuming your getting them all from rice which is zero fat and (i read thats what you like theres still 3-4gram protein in 35grams so 35gram carbs rice is 150 cals) meaning 300grams carbs from rice is 1285 calories (just saying)

Lol true. Just pointing out that some guys see 300 carbs as this huge amount which it isn't if you make Cut backs else where. I don't count calories anyway just macros and don't worry about Incidentals as I eat the same foods every day so there consistent anyway. I did sit down and work out that at the peak of my diet I was on 2800 calories with one high carb reefed day that was about 5000 calories. Was low enough for me. Think I'd die of I went lower.

Whenever I went low carb, higher fat for sustained periods of time, my recovery was hindered, pumps suffered, energy was low in the gym, etc.

When I went too low on fat I had joint issues, skin issues, mood issues, and digestive issues and shitty blood work. So super low fat = health problems for me.

I make sure to get adequate fat from quality meat sources (maybe misc added nuts, avocado, etc) and then base the majority of my macros around carbs and protein.

while my protein intake stays more or less static based on my lean body-weight, my carbs get cycled around both during any given day and across a week. I lower carbs and protein a bit on OFF days, and I eat most of my carbs pre, intra and post workout on training days. I stick to lower fat meats around training and higher fat meats (red meat) for other meals. Keeps it simple and works for me.

Add to this a bit more. I have never gotten super LEAN on Low fat so this is a novice question

Does it seem like the results seem a lot longer to come to on low fat because you hold on to water cause of carbs. However when you are on low carbs the results seem faster cause you have low sub q water and you are more dryer??

However in the end its all about lean tissue and adipose tissue and when you get to the goal at the end of the diet the looks wont be too different??

I ask this because lets say I started at 170 lbs. Getting to 164 lbs was easy with low carb and didnt take much effort and i looked a bit more defined.

To achieve a similar look I think I would have to drop down to 160 or 158 lbs on low fat..

I know I am splitting hair here, and the only way I will find the answer is by doing it. Which I all ready am.

My other issue with low carb is cheating and cravings are more.. At the same time I feel cheating is more detrimental on low carb.

As opposed to high carb, if I cheat and take in maybe 20g of fat extra, I can easily adjust and move on for that day. I dont go into a huge guilt wheel cause of it.

Last edited:
Whenever I went low carb, higher fat for sustained periods of time, my recovery was hindered, pumps suffered, energy was low in the gym, etc.

When I went too low on fat I had joint issues, skin issues, mood issues, and digestive issues and shitty blood work. So super low fat = health problems for me.

I'm exactly the same on low carb. Low fat actually gave me none of the issues you had. I fact no issues whatsoever

I like low fat way better than low carb. Its much easier to maintain over time.

I spent several months bulking on ~30g fat per day and 500-700g carbs ed and then I added more fat for the next couple months on direction of a coach and all I did was add fat. Didnt look nearly as good as with the low fat approach.

I never went below about 250g carbs during my diet last summer and got to 8.2% (bod pod) from 23% in 10 weeks.

Not to mention, the one day I tried low carb (100-125g) I went hypo (not using slin) and got sick as shit. Finally broke at about 4pm that day, ate some carbs and felt good within an hour

I keep net carbs under 100 to keep insulin low as insulin is a fat storing hormone.

I know its important to have a well balance macro. For example 40/30/15 = 415 calories.

But honestly i like a macro that is higher is carbs than fat. i.e. 40/50/5 = 405.

Although both contains similar amount of calories, I find the 2nd option (higher carbs/lower fat) helps with my energy and mood.

Even though i know many of you guys would argue that the 1st option would be better for fat loss/pre-contest.

Low carbs does not fit to my metabolism, training and lifestyle, I needs lotsa carbs because I am training high volume, burning lotsa cals during the day and have very fast metabolism on top of that I am 6'3 so I needs lots of carbs to fill me out even when dirting I have to watch my carbs not to bring them too low! If I go too low on carbs when dieting my blood sugar levels drop very low, I get flat and somewhat depressed, have no energy to do anything and the only thing I want is a whole cake or a pint of ice cream, I just cannot stay in state like that for 12 or so weeks when dieting...but if my cals are just enough low to lose body fat I eat enough carbs enough protein I can stay on a diet forever because I look great I feel great I have energy my mood is good and I do not crave junk. People are overanalyzing this low carb low fat thing, all you need to lose weight and body fat is low enough cals,most guys are overrating protein and fat these days this leaves very little space for a carbs. Carbs are not the enemy carbs regulates lots of hormones in the body,low carbs super high protein and fats leads to very low blood sugar,low carbs=low anabolic rate,low carbs=low serotonin etc all those things makes diet a disaster,when all you need is keeping cals low enough to lose bf but high enough to function not to go one macronutrient ie carbs low and for eberyone this amount is very different someone can feel great and look good just on 50g carbs while others needs as high as 300-400g of carbs to maintain energy,fullness while losing fat. I am sure everyone needs to suffer to get in lowest bf % possible but thats just at very end of diet not during whole diet. You have gradually decrease carbs and fats as the diet progresses you just cant stay on very low numbers of any macronutrient during whole time. Dorian Yates is a good example how you need to land your physique in perfect shape, the guy doesnt just did low carb or low fat all the time but he is known for a bringing most shredded physique onstage ever. All he did was starting 2 45min cardio sessions ed as soon as he started his 12week prep but droping very minimal carbs/cals compares to his offeason numbers he when from 5000-5500 cals to 3500 cals with 400g carbs only week before a show

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131