over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low HDL

Beefy1

Newbies
Anyone know of any secret ways I might not know about that work for getting HDL levels up? Im Taking test and 1 or 2 aromasins a week. I was on clomid as I know that helps and will probably go back on it. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting there levels up and what you did?

Depending on the dose of T and how long you've been running it, it might be time to cruise or come off. Nevertheless, you'll find guys recommend omega 3s, non-flush Niacin, grass fed beef and 4oz (approx) red wine daily for improving cholesterol. 95-99% dark cocoa has been shown to raise HDL, as well.

How low is your HDL? What are you trying or expecting to raise it too?

Big difference if your trying to raise it up from 5 vs 35.

More detail you provide the better responses your going to get. But the best way to get information is by searching...reading 10 threads on raising HDL will give you a lot more info than this thread is going to...i guarantee you.

What is your total cholesterol? LDL? All my numbers run low. My doc isn't overly concerned as the ratio is pretty good. Still, I try to elevate it with some of the above mentioned as well as roasted nuts and natural nut butters. Olive oil helps too.

HDL is about 5, Total is about where the limits at for normal VS high. I dont take to much test, just like 300mg a week. I do omega 3's, and red wine.
SABAGOY, I did a search for HDL and got no results.

Macadamia nuts or macadamia nut oil.

Ak

It's helpful to know what it was prior to using AAS. Reason....I have genetically low HDL. The best mine has been is 25. As stated earlier...There is a big difference trying to come up 20-30 points and 5-10 points. Cardio, niacin, wine..those are the best. In my case...keeping LDL low is much more critical than raising HDL..

Time released niacin from NOW Foods

I do 500-1000mg of regular niacin, 6-9g of l-carintine, 3-4g omega 3 fish oil.

Have you been running any orals? I would recommend alot of good Omega 3's, EVOO, cardio, time released niacin 500-1000mg a day.

HDL is about 5, Total is about where the limits at for normal VS high. I dont take to much test, just like 300mg a week. I do omega 3's, and red wine.
SABAGOY, I did a search for HDL and got no results.

What is your LDL?
TRIGLYCERIDES?

if your total levels are near 180(highest normal before 'high') and your HDL is only 5, you are eating like shit. pure and simple.

Raising HDL

There is only 1 proven method for raising HDL. That is niacin in the nicotinic acid form. That is the one that gives you the flushing feel. It may take months before you can even tolerate 1000 mgs. That is the minimum recommend dosage. By the way Pfizer blew almost 1 billion dollars in research of a drug that would raise HDL. It was a dud. Merck is working on 1 now. If they succeed in developing one, profits would be staggering.

There is only 1 proven method for raising HDL. That is niacin in the nicotinic acid form. That is the one that gives you the flushing feel. It may take months before you can even tolerate 1000 mgs. That is the minimum recommend dosage. By the way Pfizer blew almost 1 billion dollars in research of a drug that would raise HDL. It was a dud. Merck is working on 1 now. If they succeed in developing one, profits would be staggering.

Only one proven way??? Please explain further..do you think it's possible for dietary changes to increase HDL?

JM

Only one proven way??? Please explain further..do you think it's possible for dietary changes to increase HDL?

JM

I don't want to speak for him, but perhaps he meant that niacin is the only remedy "proven" to be effective in raising HDL in clinical trials?

I do 500-1000mg of regular niacin, 6-9g of l-carintine, 3-4g omega 3 fish oil.

this is key, the non flush is supposed to be not nearly as effective, and why this is I dont know buy I know this to be true. I take a niacin script called niaspan which has been effective for me along with taking crestor. My HDL used to be down around 7-10 and now it up to mid 30s or a bit more.

Anyone take Lovaza? My doctor, told me to use a good fish oil brand and save my money.

Krill oil from sams or costco is reasonable in price. FYI

Ak

Fish oil

Note!!! Anyone taking omega 3's, fish oil , krill oil etc, to help with HDl. It's all about DHA. Docosahexaenoic acid is what makes it work. The higher the better. Certain products boast about there high fish oil content , when in reality it is of poor quality and low DHA. READ THOSE LABELS!!! and apply your hard earned money into quality products.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws