over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low intensity cardio better than hiit?

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
I am too tired to read bro....i just do 40 minutes on the treadmill at 3.4 and inclined at 6 thats enought to increase your metabolismn and burn fat, in my case and some other people i train i have to decrease their cardio becouse they get stoked losing body fat % and some times they start losing weight so they are losing muscle.

You just need to measure all the variants and adjust it to the individual needs.
If i do too much cardio i start reaining or increasing my body fat, some people says "i am getting fat without explanation, i am doing my diet very estrictly, doing cardio 2 times a day 50 minutes each session and i cant understand why i am not losing body fat %"

The reason is overtraining, and your body responds as an emergency situation holding or increasing the fat storage.

Remember everybody is different, the only thing i can tell you is that everybody can get dry without cardio, and also without cardio you may look bigger becouse your body is more able to recuperate and produce new muscle or mantain your muscle, so you can get ripped to the bone just pllaying with your nutrition.

Some times i ask my athletes to do just 30 minutes 3 times a week just to activate teh metabolism and increse the osxigenation.

Hope it helps.

Thanks alot bro, you have been a great help. My plan is to do cardio 3 or 4 times a week, switching intensitys around, low, moderate and high and just playing about with my metabolism. My squats and deadlifts have taken my calorie burning to another level anyway. Like I said before on another thread, I want to concentrate on size for this next competition but also come as clean as possible. My plans are long term and Im gonna have to get used to eating clean for a long long time, its programed in my head now. Of course I will have my holidays and breaks every couple of months for a few days for my wifes sake at least, shes pissed off that I dont eat like her:p

Bob Chicherillo seems to think so.
Hes got an interesting article on how to save mass whilst losing fat.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bobchic3.htm

I think its all down to size. Its a bit of a no brainer in terms of HIIT being better overall for fat loss to be honest, by virtue of EPOC. You definately burn more overall calories in HIIT then you do with Steady State cardio; but Id caveat that around the fact that during Steady State cardio you will burn more fat from the fat suibstrate.

Whats also worth pointing out is that Steady State cardio over the long term is detrimental to health and that if anyone wanted to use cardio for overall fitness HIIT definately beats Steady State hands down.

J

But I guess for a bodybuilding show, HIIT wont be the best answer:confused:

Mypersonal experience

low intensity activity had a pleasant effect on my muscles, it increased the glycogen retention giving me a more dense look, high impact cardio didnt the same job.

I like the lower intensity cardio and being able to track calories burned and know your variables (speed, incline, kcals, etc.).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity