over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low iron/high rbc's/hematocrit

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Low iron/high rbc's/hematocrit PART2 Retested!!!!

See post#15 for new labtest.

So today i asked my fathers HRT doc why i have iron levels in range but on the very low end of the range yet my rbc's are slightly elevated and hematocit is around 48 which is a good range. He asked if i ever was a really moody kid,etc.. and i totally was. I would get light headed when hungry and very angry and agressive and when I ate(usually meat) id' feel much better. he said more than likely i naturally have an iron deficency or low b12,etc.. He said if i wasnt on gear, more than likely i'd have a low hematocrite and rbc levels as well as they are related to iron, but the test keeps those in range but does nothing for my iron. He said to add red/green and yellow peppers to any red meat meal and it will let me absorb iron much more than normal. Ive never heard of this but it cant hurt. I dont mind that my iron is in the lower range b/c its still in range and dont see how it would make a diff but im gonna add 6mg(%50 daily intake) iron to my multiviatmin with breakfast and try out the pepper thing. Just thought i'd relay this to anyone who has lower iron with higher rbc's but i think im the only one lol

Last edited:
So today i asked my fathers HRT doc why i have iron levels in range but on the very low end of the range yet my rbc's are slightly elevated and hematocit is around 48 which is a good range. He asked if i ever was a really moody kid,etc.. and i totally was. I would get light headed when hungry and very angry and agressive and when I ate(usually meat) id' feel much better. he said more than likely i naturally have an iron deficency or low b12,etc.. He said if i wasnt on gear, more than likely i'd have a low hematocrite and rbc levels as well as they are related to iron, but the test keeps those in range but does nothing for my iron. He said to add red/green and yellow peppers to any red meat meal and it will let me absorb iron much more than normal. Ive never heard of this but it cant hurt. I dont mind that my iron is in the lower range b/c its still in range and dont see how it would make a diff but im gonna add 6mg(%50 daily intake) iron to my multiviatmin with breakfast and try out the pepper thing. Just thought i'd relay this to anyone who has lower iron with higher rbc's but i think im the only one lol

My understanding after talking to a Phlebotomist. Iron and rbc are one in the same so you cant have low iron and high rbc or hemocrit.

My understanding after talking to a Phlebotomist. Iron and rbc are one in the same so you cant have low iron and high rbc or hemocrit.

The phlebotomist gave you bad info. They are different (hence the separate tests) but tend to be correlated. Usually, high (or low) values go together, but not always. Moderately low ferritin and elevated HCT is sometimes seen.

The phlebotomist gave you bad info. They are different (hence the separate tests) but tend to be correlated. Usually, high (or low) values go together, but not always. Moderately low ferritin and elevated HCT is sometimes seen.

Iron is a constituent of the bodys red blood cells(hemoglobin). Its function is to carry oxygen throughout the body. Hemoglobin levels varies from day to day and is affected by the amount of fluid consumed, kinds of food eaten, shifts in body fluid, physical activity, temp, and humidity. If depletion of iron occurs, the body cannot make hemoglobin, and results in anemia.

This is off a sheet I got from the blood donation place

Iron is a constituent of the bodys red blood cells(hemoglobin). Its function is to carry oxygen throughout the body. Hemoglobin levels varies from day to day and is affected by the amount of fluid consumed, kinds of food eaten, shifts in body fluid, physical activity, temp, and humidity. If depletion of iron occurs, the body cannot make hemoglobin, and results in anemia.

This is off a sheet I got from the blood donation place

The sheet you quote above does not assert that iron levels are equivalent to hematocrit.

What do think happens when MCH is low ("mean corpuscular hemoglobin" or the amount of hemoglobin per red blood cell) while the number of rbc's is high (perhaps due to aas use)? You get slightly low iron measures with a high total packed cell volume (aka HCT).

But in general, there is a positive correlation between HCT and iron measures. Not always, as the original poster illustrates.

WRONG.

I have low iron (under normal range) and too high hematocrit.

vitamin C aids with absorption of iron thats why he says add the peppers..peppers are rich in Vit C.

The sheet you quote above does not assert that iron levels are equivalent to hematocrit.

What do think happens when MCH is low ("mean corpuscular hemoglobin" or the amount of hemoglobin per red blood cell) while the number of rbc's is high (perhaps due to aas use)? You get slightly low iron measures with a high total packed cell volume (aka HCT).

But in general, there is a positive correlation between HCT and iron measures. Not always, as the original poster illustrates.

I must have mixed up crit and globin.

Mines
rbc 5.04
globin 12.5
crit 39.5

I cant find my iron, is it listed under another name on the test?

usually iron,serum. Maybe your doc didnt have that on you test. I got mine from directlabs.com the "comprehensive wellness profile" is what i always get and it includes the iron.

UNREAL, so i added 6mg iron to my breakfast with all my supps. Thats %50 of daily value figuring it would help. Nope iron tested at 36 and range is like 40-150. Is it dangerous to have iron on the lower end. Will this effect muscle building? My hemo,hemato and rbc's are all in range if not on the higher end. I guess maybe just take the full 18mg iron with my food now which is %100 of the daily value?

UNREAL, so i added 6mg iron to my breakfast with all my supps. Thats %50 of daily value figuring it would help. Nope iron tested at 36 and range is like 40-150. Is it dangerous to have iron on the lower end. Will this effect muscle building? My hemo,hemato and rbc's are all in range if not on the higher end. I guess maybe just take the full 18mg iron with my food now which is %100 of the daily value?

Here's a good read on iron overload and deficiency

CND: Iron: Too Much or Too Little Can Cause All-Too-Familiar Problems

Accidentally double post

Last edited:

Here's a good read on iron overload and deficiency

CND: Iron: Too Much or Too Little Can Cause All-Too-Familiar Problems

If I remember correctly, iron tests are funky because most iron is bound up and not free, there are several different tests also. I would be careful adding an iron supplement if you are taking AAS or on TRT.

If you are in the normal range, but just in the low end of normal, I wouldn't worry at all. If you are really concerned, take a vitamin C supplement with a red meat meal once daily. Be careful, this can drive iron levels up fast, and may also increase hematocrit.

Impotence from too much iron holy shit, would have never guessed that. Well, im at a crossroad b/c my iron serum is low but hemoglobin and hematocrit are normal and rbc's are normal on the high end. I take vit C at 1000mg daily 3x daily as well and 4days per week i have 1lb of lean ground beef so i dont see how the hell i can have an iron deficency. Maybe i'll add a cc or 2 a week of syntheteks b12. im guessing if my hemo,hemato and rbc's are all good, yet iron is low, then maybe it has something to do with the bloodtest.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131