over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low sodium

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Today I had a physical, will get blood work back soon. Doctor reviews my past medical and was very concerned that I have had low sodium in the past out of range. I explained to him when those readings were taken I was doing some extreme dieting (alternate day fasting) and drinking too much water. In those past reading the doc said it was the diet and water, less water more sodium, and the next visit sodium's was in range.

But this guy said they were not correct, drinking too much water (2 gallons) and even doing things like 36 hour fasts and one meal a day, should not drop my sodium out of range my body should be able to regulate it.

He's worried I have a pituitary tumor and ordered alot of testing. I also told him in general I'm kind of fatigued and a low energy person but I've kind of been like this since childhood, hate waking up, kinda lazy, just my personality. He said it could be an adrenal issue, cortisol, etc

Thoughts? Has anyone ever had sodium test out of range when dieting or hitting the water too hard? Other docs chalked it up to that but this guy's says it's not normal. FYI I am not dieting now and am awaiting blood work , he has concerns based on just reviewing my past I guess prior to the visit.

Mines always on the lower end and my sodium isn’t ever that low really

Shit now I’m scared..

Ive had sodium test high and low. No idea what caused it but retested and it was fine.

No idea what your deal is but your symptoms sound like you do have an issue and your doc is trying to do his due diligence just in case and giving you some possibilities why you feel the way you do.

I would say to pull a hormone panel too and whatever else someone here who knows what they are talking about just to be sure.

Today I had a physical, will get blood work back soon. Doctor reviews my past medical and was very concerned that I have had low sodium in the past out of range. I explained to him when those readings were taken I was doing some extreme dieting (alternate day fasting) and drinking too much water. In those past reading the doc said it was the diet and water, less water more sodium, and the next visit sodium's was in range.

But this guy said they were not correct, drinking too much water (2 gallons) and even doing things like 36 hour fasts and one meal a day, should not drop my sodium out of range my body should be able to regulate it.

He's worried I have a pituitary tumor and ordered alot of testing. I also told him in general I'm kind of fatigued and a low energy person but I've kind of been like this since childhood, hate waking up, kinda lazy, just my personality. He said it could be an adrenal issue, cortisol, etc

Thoughts? Has anyone ever had sodium test out of range when dieting or hitting the water too hard? Other docs chalked it up to that but this guy's says it's not normal. FYI I am not dieting now and am awaiting blood work , he has concerns based on just reviewing my past I guess prior to the visit.

Whoever told you that too much water or fasting shouldn’t lower sodium needs to go read a book.

My patients have electrolytes all fucked up from hyper-religious fasting or medication induced polydipsia pretty frequently

Hell I have a patient LITERALLY right now on water restriction and no cups because his sodium was like 130 on admission. We turn off the toilet and sink, only give him Gatorade and V8. He’s around 135-136 now.

Whoever told you that too much water or fasting shouldn’t lower sodium needs to go read a book.

My patients have electrolytes all fucked up from hyper-religious fasting or medication induced polydipsia pretty frequently

Hell I have a patient LITERALLY right now on water restriction and no cups because his sodium was like 130 on admission. We turn off the toilet and sink, only give him Gatorade and V8. He’s around 135-136 now.
Mine was at 131 two years ago, that is the one that worries him. I believe I was dieting and very fatigued.

He says my body may not be getting rid of water so my levels are low and wants to know why. I piss plenty, not sure if that's a good or bad sign in this case

Don't drink 2 gallons of water on your fasting days unless you're adding something like lite salt (potassium/sodium blend). That's a ton of water without getting adequate nutrients. You're peeing out all of your electrolytes. I think a gallon of pure water w/ other beverages(zero cal drinks, coffee, etc ) is usually enough. Noticing any cramps?

I've had it when I was consuming too much fluids.

This is one thing I see a lot of bodybuilders doing: consuming so many fluids they actually become dehydrated.

Unless you're also consuming grams of sodium, there's no reason ever to be drinking that much fluids. You will completely throw off your electrolytes like I did. (I cringe when I see people post they drink 2 gallons of water per day for instance)

(I am talking about daily life here, not about a one off for a photo shoot or contest)

Exactly 💯

Mine was at 131 two years ago, that is the one that worries him. I believe I was dieting and very fatigued.

He says my body may not be getting rid of water so my levels are low and wants to know why. I piss plenty, not sure if that's a good or bad sign in this case
Bad sign, you're pissing out the electrolytes like Pepperoni said.

I’m confused. Was your sodium low when you were fasting and dieting hard, AND currently?

Or just when you were ADF?

When people
Do keto…..they feel like garbage because they don’t increase salt.

But if it’s low under normal eating and drinking….you need to continue testing

Keto and IF will mess with electrolytes. 24hr fast will definitely flush out sodium especially with 2 gallon of water. There are people who dry fast for that reason.

Update blood came back

Sodium is again low 132

I am currently not doing any extreme dieting, 16 hour fast 8 hour eating, 3k calories Ed

About 48oz coffee Ed and 5 l of water fyi

Calcium was fine ionized calcium was low 4.14 (4.3-5.2)

My prolactin was high at 17.8 (4-15.2)

Thyroid, cholesterol, kidneys, cortisol, iver, glucose, blood pressure all perfect. No protein in urine.

If my cortisol is fine I assume it isn't an andrenal issues? Kidneys look good. Either too much water or a pituitary tumor based on how he talked yesterday? Should my prolactin be elevated on 500 prop 150 mg masteron and 2 iu hgh?

I've had it when I was consuming too much fluids.

This is one thing I see a lot of bodybuilders doing: consuming so many fluids they actually become dehydrated.

Unless you're also consuming grams of sodium, there's no reason ever to be drinking that much fluids. You will completely throw off your electrolytes like I did. (I cringe when I see people post they drink 2 gallons of water per day for instance)

(I am talking about daily life here, not about a one off for a photo shoot or contest)
This is gold. Embarrassing but for a while, I thought the problem was not enough carbs, not enough calories, up the creatine lol. Urine should be lemonade colored, not transparent. Upped my sodium and viola!

Stan Efferding has a good youtube video on salt.

This is gold. Embarrassing but for a while, I thought the problem was not enough carbs, not enough calories, up the creatine lol. Urine should be lemonade colored, not transparent. Upped my sodium and viola!

Stan Efferding has a good youtube video on salt.

I just went back and looked at my last blood work, sodium 134. Not really cutting and I drink about 3/4 gallon of water a day. So yeah to answer guess I did as well. Doc just mentioned it in passing and asked if I was dehydrated, I said no and we went on to another topic.

Unless it’s distilled your body in most people will regulate I’ve never had low sodium and I’m a camel even as a 160 lb Marine drinking 3 gallons plus a day my labs were all in range and I wasn’t a bodybuilder yet I trained yes but more running and swimming than lifting and thus more sweating and again salt was not an issue for me. Now in the desert we took salt tabs but that’s the fucking desert

Thank you all for the replies .

Left the Dr a message I guess he will send me to an endo.

From the original Dr visit and googling (dumb I know).

Prolactin is high, not too high, may not be abnormal for an aas user. Maybe a tumor on pituitary.

Low iodized calcium but normal calcium, low sodium again, kidneys or lung cancer could be an issue but blood pressure, creatine, and bun, and urine were all perfect so hoping not kidneys.

I do drink about 6l of water and all that caffeine, preying that's the culprit.

Untreated or improperly treated hypothyroidism can elevate prolactin and also cause low sodium levels. I'd get a complete thyroid panel.

My old Endo kept on saying it was due to a tumor and then i took the right amount of t3 and everything normalized.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity