over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

low to mid wight high reps to cut up

RV63T

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ill be honest im not a body builder but i have came along way for 47 years old 5"7 and 257lbs. but last year i was down to 186 and still 10% bf. i want to beat that this year would low or mid weight with high reps burn more bf and help cut more than going heavy. my diet is not 100% but im very carefull off eating junk food or fast food. in about 3 weeks ill be trying to shed some bf.
im cutting a test deca cycle short that has me at 210lbs but to keep my doc off my ace and keep my record with her clean its no biggie. i plan on eating twice a day with one protien shake in the AM. im sure this is a basic question but i stayed with heavy weight and low test prop last year and was suprised. but no prop this time going to run var at 50mg a day.

I dont believe in high reps for cutting.

Heres why:

The way i see it, people are stupid.
I honestly cannot stand when I hear things like:

"High reps for cutting, low reps for bulking"

Listen, thats just a straight up ignorant comment. Think about it?
Why does muscle grow? ADAPTION!
What is adaption? Once you stress a muscle through progressive overload, it GROWS in order to be able to handle THAT AMOUNT OF RESISTANCE! This happens every time you train a muscle group, with progressively heavier weights. Now think about it, a muscle has grown to the size it is now BECAUSE of how it has been stressed (progressively HEAVIER weights). The body is a smart machine. It likes to maintain homeostasis. If you are going to "Use lighter weights, in order to get higher reps" for cutting, why would a muscle stay the size that it needed to be to lift HEAVY weights? The body will lose what it does not need to have. Its ADAPTIVE, remember?

Why is our body going to hold onto 10 lbs of muscle, that is constantly burning extra calories that could be used for something else, when it could just burn off the muscle, and have one less thing to worry about?

Honestly, im just rambling here, so im not sure if much of this made sense... CASE AND POINT THOUGH, the body will lose what it does not need to have. If you go from bench pressing 405 for 6 reps, because everyone knows low reps are "only good for bulking" (YEAH RIGHT), to bench pressing 225 for 12, because youre cutting and dont think youll burn fat unless youre doing high reps? I do not even understand how this makes any logical sense to you people. You trained big to get big, why diet it all off, trying to maintain muscle that doesnt think it needs to be there, because youre using much lighter weights?

Anyway, I guess the point of this is, why not train heavy all the time? Maintain your muscle size better while dieting... Whatever, do your own thing. Its not my problem you dont have a clue.

I dont remember where i got that from, but i saved it on my computer, nor do i remember who wrote it. BUT, i believe it is true.
Why would the body hold mass it doesnt think it needs?

My advice? add in morning cardio, a thermogenic, and lower carbs, while watching calorie intake (dont go too low), and youll get shredded.
eat more meals throughout the day, divided up.

Good stats though bro. very impressive.

Last edited:
Heres why:

I dont remember where i got that from, but i saved it on my computer, nor do i remember who wrote it. BUT, i believe it is true.
Why would the body hold mass it doesnt think it needs?

My advice? add in morning cardio, a thermogenic, and lower carbs, while watching calorie intake (dont go too low), and youll get shredded.
eat more meals throughout the day, divided up.

Good stats though bro. very impressive.

i pretty much agree with that. good find

The amount of definition is (very much) more a factor of your nutrition program or lack there of. Also, the amount and intensity of your cardio program.

cardio is my down fall i played soccer from 6 yrs old till i was 22yrs. and i really hate just runnig in place or on a trail. i only did i mile 2 days a wk last year but it seems much harder this year. i may be getting old i just dont have the energy after working construction in this texas heat. ive actually atarted working out at 5AM

Last edited:
i hope this comes out right, waight is irrelvant your repes are more important have u guys rver seen ronie colman train? he trains super heavy but most of his sets are in the 12 rep rainge, and its also an individul thing we all have diferent fiber tipe destribution, but when it comes to fat loss diet is the most important factor. everyone should acquire atleast some basic nutritional and training knowledge, no one reads books any more? someone please post a basic diet mi tiping sucks!

But see..

i hope this comes out right, waight is irrelvant your repes are more important have u guys rver seen ronie colman train? he trains super heavy but most of his sets are in the 12 rep rainge, and its also an individul thing we all have diferent fiber tipe destribution, but when it comes to fat loss diet is the most important factor. everyone should acquire atleast some basic nutritional and training knowledge, no one reads books any more? someone please post a basic diet mi tiping sucks!

There is a difference between training HEAVY for 12 reps, or training LIGHT for 12 reps. I can squat 315 for 25 reps, and thats as heavy as i can go to get that many reps. But i could also squat 135 for 25 reps, and that would be light.

Heavy is relevant.

You can train heavy, with all your reps being in the 10-12 rep range.

And yes, youre right. diet is the most important factor. NOT JUST IN FAT LOSS, but even for size.. diet is everything.

well reading isnt the problem now maybe retaining all i read after many years as a weed smoker has effected me. but i also didnt mean just 10 to 12 reps i mean as many reps as you can do in 3 or 4 sets. so not so low as to not even work the muscle groups. i may be trying to cheat when its really more cardio. maybe i hire phill?

Phils great. :D

well reading isnt the problem now maybe retaining all i read after many years as a weed smoker has effected me. but i also didnt mean just 10 to 12 reps i mean as many reps as you can do in 3 or 4 sets. so not so low as to not even work the muscle groups. i may be trying to cheat when its really more cardio. maybe i hire phill?

He will definitely get you where you want to be.

but see, my point earlier was not using light weight. you need to train heavy, as you were in the offseason, in order to retain that mass.

Just a low intensity walk around the neighborhood in the morning, or on a treadmill for 45 mins will do it, cardio wise. every day, except sunday.. or something. i like at least one day off.

Go around 12x bodyweight, for calories. at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, more carbs on training days, less on non training days. limit carbs around 4 hours before bed. Still get lots of sleep.

bump up the intensity in your training, using methods like drop sets, rest pause, anything. but still train heavy.

Include fruits, and veggies in your diet as well. and dont forget about fatty acids, theyre very important.

Thats all i can tell you, unless you hire me :p
jsut kidding.

but really, phil is a great guy (trainer wise, and just in general)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131