over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Back Pain

There's a lot of good advice here. Back and neck pain is not something that we can do one thing and fix it. Increase flexibility, find a strong massage therapist that isn't lazy and is willing to dig in deep followed immediately by a really good chiropractor. Both of these can be hard to find. My massage therapist is a female NPC physique competitor and my chiropractor is a former college football player and an amateur bodybuilder. He's quite strong, he adjusts horses for an animal sanctuary locally. Both know what they're doing and make my life bearable. The stronger you can make your core the better off you'll be. And facts are that you are going to have lower back, hip and other problems from doing heavy deadlines and squats among other things. I have to make a living so I don't have the choice to lay up and recuperate so I lift a lot lighter than I did when I was in my twenties. I always did a lot of flexibility work and credit that with still having good shoulders and back/hips.

Just a little more details about my issue.

I always feel like my hips are extremely tight. I squat every week extremely heavy. I can't afford therapy work from a professional and I know I should be more pro active with self therapy as far as rolling. It's on the right side and the only relief I really feel is putting my hands on a table and letting my lower body hang by pushing down and leaning forward on the table. It decompresses my lower back and feels great. I'm around 275 pounds right now and the job I have now I'm sitting a lot in an office chair.

A few weeks ago it just started by what felt like disc pain where it catches when moving a certain way and now it's moved on to a dull muscle ache that makes me feel nauseated and kills my appetite. It was so bad the other day on the way back from the gym I started gagging in the truck and by the time I pulled up in the drive way I got out of my truck and yacked. I just don't know what to do.

At your height and weight and the amount you lift, you need to work some savings into your budget for this type of thing. I hope your problems are are only temporary, statistically non serious back issues/pain clear up in 8 or 9 weeks but you've got some work to do in order to help that along. Don't take this lightly, be proactive. I've had two levels of my lumbar spine fused and two levels of my cervical spine fused...it's no fun having chronic spine issues!

I used to get the symptoms you're describing 1-3x a year in my first 5 years of lifting.

Overdoing deads / rows, programming back / leg day back to back, not stretching the hips and glutes enough, and I guess just not knowing when to back off all fed into it.

It'll go away in time. Do lots of hip / glute stretching in the meantime--avoid movements that YOU think aggravate it (check training logs to see if similar movements prior to it flaring if you feel no acute pain).

It eventually went away and hasn't been back in years. Like others have said..it took a good few months for it to happen though, so don't get discouraged. It'd literally be numb for me from the glute up into the lower back if I leaned forward more than a minute.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity