over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Back Pain

BigPumps2014

Registered
Over the last 6 months at least Ive been going back and forth with a lower back pain. I have yet to deal with any kind of serious injury from lifting outside of the normal aches and pains (been lifting for 5-6 years). I hit a shoulder session with a buddy at the gym whose a lot bigger than me so I trusted his workout plan. We ended up doing a shoulder press on one of the guided free weight press setups that we have at the gym, but his idea was to spin around instead of using the seat to lean against to try to hit a slightly different angle on the press. Doing so I think my back my have slouched during my set and I tweaked my lower back. I assumed this was like my other aches and pains where it would run its course and go away eventually but over 6 months later here I am still dealing with it. It feels like more of a compression in my spine in my lower back when I aggravate it lifting. Ive aggravated it doing squats, Deadlifts, and shrugs... All exercises where its easy to see that a compression issue could happen. For the next few days afterwards it feels more like a weakeness in the lower back than a compression. Ive had buddies watch me lift to make sure my form was staying clean and there werent any issues there. I have one of the real nice thick 4" all around Rogue belts but this doesnt do anything to help with lifting. The strange thing is that some days I can Deadlift or Shrug 500lbs with no issues at all, other days warming up on something light like 225 lbs I end up tweaking it. Im not a fan of going to the doctor because they love to tell you "If it hurts dont do it" and not lifting isnt an option for me. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have never had a Dr tell me to not do anything.Go to Dr.'s that specialize in sports medicine and you wont here don't do that as they know there patients wont listen. If a Dr doesn't give me the service I want I fire him and get a different Dr.

Kind of sounds like what It felt like when I herniated my l5/s1 disk. definitely see a doctor

Kind of sounds like what It felt like when I herniated my l5/s1 disk. definitely see a doctor

Its such a weird feeling its hard to explain. Like right now the lower back just feels really weak, but in a few days maybe a week it will feel fine again as long as I dont aggravate it again. Then I can lift fine again, until one day I once again tweak it and im right back where I started. I actually thought at 1 point that it might have finally been healed because it felt fine for a few weeks... Sucks. Herniated disk = surgery? Were you back at it again pretty quick?

Its such a weird feeling its hard to explain. Like right now the lower back just feels really weak, but in a few days maybe a week it will feel fine again as long as I dont aggravate it again. Then I can lift fine again, until one day I once again tweak it and im right back where I started. I actually thought at 1 point that it might have finally been healed because it felt fine for a few weeks... Sucks. Herniated disk = surgery? Were you back at it again pretty quick?

Herniated disk doesn't always equal surgery. I herniated mine in a motorcycle crash when I was 19. Physical therapy was actually what got me interested in lifting weights. Mine was treated with a series of epidural injections. It was bad when it happened. To the point that I couldn't tie my own shoes and I was losing feeling in my foot and ankle. By the time I had the third injection had 90 percent pain relief and today it really doesn't ever bother me much unless I do something really stupid.

Go see a doctor, even a PCP, and then do physical therapy. Otherwise you problem will continue and will get worse over time. Find a good physical therapist.

I have the same issue and have found my remedy. Few years back John Meadows mentioned in a video about low back pain SOMETIMES caused by weak hams and glutes OR tight hams and glutes. So I began a morning routine of foam rolling my hams and glutes and then stretching the hams and glutes, not even touching my lower back, then I would do leg curls and glute kickbacks supersetted. Just enough to get blood in there. Sets not taken to failure. Lower back pain gone. I had to do this daily for quite some time and then I only did it every other day then once or twice a week and back pain pretty much as subsided. It comes back from time to time but I begin the routine and it goes away. I also do reverse hypers in my morning routine, decompresses the lower spine and man that really worked wonders.

Last edited:
Herniated disk doesn't always equal surgery. I herniated mine in a motorcycle crash when I was 19. Physical therapy was actually what got me interested in lifting weights. Mine was treated with a series of epidural injections. It was bad when it happened. To the point that I couldn't tie my own shoes and I was losing feeling in my foot and ankle. By the time I had the third injection had 90 percent pain relief and today it really doesn't ever bother me much unless I do something really stupid.

HeavyHitter is 100% right.

I have had back problems and Herniated disk are no joke. I have seen many Dr and the majority say "Surgery is your last resort"

Sounds to me like you either really aggravated a nerve down I’m your lumbar area or you did some damage to your discs. Do you get any numbness or tingling down either of your legs? If you do, then it’s probably your sciatic nerve. It’s pretty easy to aggravate nerves in that region. If you can, describe the feeling in detail when it flares up on ya. I’m no doctor, but Ive been a medic for over 10yrs who’s used to guys in his unit coming to him with gym related injuries that don’t wanna let battalion know lol

A good chiropractor and deep tissue massage can go along way.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao4VDskUet0"]Houston Chiropractor Dr Gregory Johnson Has Many Happy Patients Because Of Their Results - YouTube[/ame]

Trying to decipher useful information out of your story is painful.

When did it happen?
What exercise were you doing?
What makes the pain worse?
What makes it feel better?
Happen before?
See a MD about this?
Pain on a 1-10 scale?
Is it local or does the pain radiate?
Numbness/Tingling/Loss of strength?

Message, Chiro, Acupuncture!
All this before Any Dr.

30 yrs of Concreting, I have had my share of Tweeks!
I thought I was The Bobcat!

Try an inversion table or gravity boots to get some traction on it.

:yeahthat:
Bro those inversion tables are down right heavenly!!! They do so much good for the back!!!

:yeahthat:
Bro those inversion tables are down right heavenly!!! They do so much good for the back!!!

Or google Donnie thompsons lower back fix. works wonder to provide traction for the spine

Or google Donnie thompsons lower back fix. works wonder to provide traction for the spine

Oh damn bro I hadn’t heard of this until now. Definitely gonna be reading up on this tonight!! Thank you!

Oh damn bro I hadn’t heard of this until now. Definitely gonna be reading up on this tonight!! Thank you!

All you need is a nice thick band

Yeah, I have a teeter at home that I use and it helps. I used that daily when I am putting in the effort. I also go every 3 weeks to the chiropractor and go on their traction table. A motor basically pulls your pelvis down and that decompresses your lumbar vertebrae. That works better than my inversion table. He also does a manipulation where he pushes down really hard on the side of my pelvis.

Very good suggestion! Inversion tables can be very effective, a very underrated tool in my book.

Agreed.
It's a life changer for sure.
Plus..it feels good while your using it.
Give it a shot--buy it from Walmart so u can return it with no problems.
I have a cheapie one that cost about 100 bucks from Sears {i think}
It's okay.
Here's a mid price one that might be a little better.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/IronMan-Gravity-1000-Inversion-Table/8477601
That's 125$--but there's another one there for 99$
The quality of the foot cushion is VITAL.
Mine is so-so. But I made it thicker with some foam.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws