over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower back pain

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
To the guys who have had lower back pain what’s your best supplement or medicine you take that helps? I was recently in an accident and my back is constantly in pain so just looking for some ideas for relief.

I did pain management… I don’t recommend going down that road unless your seriously up in age. Opiates rock for pain management, but suck ass withdrawing from!

What’s worked for me is doing light band work for lower back plus really focusing on core workouts.

Between the two it has helped my daily pain amounts.

Cage

To the guys who have had lower back pain what’s your best supplement or medicine you take that helps? I was recently in an accident and my back is constantly in pain so just looking for some ideas for relief

Unless youre 65+, i would also highly suggest finding out WHY your back hurts and finding out the root of the cause.
Just saying, "my lower back hurts" is somewhat worthless. We are alllll much more intelligent than that in every aspect of our training, nutrition and rehab.
I wouldnt just phone it in on this one. You're better than that.

Ive just been dealing with it for decades. There's no supplement that I know of that can help.
Like TOO55 said, it's the root-cause and correction. My issue is from birth, slight curve at base of spine (scoliosis).
Also, sitting all day for decades (for work) just makes everything very tight. So stretching and inversion helps me (a bit).
I enjoy Powerlifting training, so that does not help matters. (Heavy compression on the spine).

IF I do more stretching and change my training, it does feel better. Just having a hard time changing my training right now (mentally)...

My sciatica tends to act up periodically, and there is not a drug in this world that can touch that pain, it's the largest nerve in the body. The best thing that works for me is my inversion table. It has been a lifesaver.

I have had stenosis, spondylolisthesis, bulges, hernias, collapsed discs, tendonitis, arthritis as well as a few other things that the Dr.s have found. Working out sensibly is one of the best things i have found to keep muscles strong and the pain down. Avoid pain killers OTC or prescribed as much as possible. I only used them as a last resort to sleep. Healthy diet, food omega 3's can help some. Don't do things that aggravate the problem. Having the correct mattress helps. Do rehab. If the problem needs surgery to fix it don't put it off.

To the guys who have had lower back pain what’s your best supplement or medicine you take that helps? I was recently in an accident and my back is constantly in pain so just looking for some ideas for relief.
I just had my 2nd low back surgery in the last 2 years, so I am pretty familiar with low back pain. You really need to get some scans to determine the cause of the pain first before you can treat it. Even if you are just looking for a temporary short term solution to ease the pain, the meds you would use are going to depend on whether it is pain from muscle damage or whether it is from nerve impingement/damage.

I just had my 2nd low back surgery in the last 2 years, so I am pretty familiar with low back pain. You really need to get some scans to determine the cause of the pain first before you can treat it. Even if you are just looking for a temporary short term solution to ease the pain, the meds you would use are going to depend on whether it is pain from muscle damage or whether it is from nerve impingement/damage.
I had no back pain at all before this vehicle accident I was in recently. And I was hit by an uninsured driver at that smh. Since then my back has been hurting constantly. Waking up in the middle of the night in pain etc. have already had some X-rays and stuff and have an mri soon. Had to hire a personal injury lawyer because I’m scared insurance may try to screw me over and not pay for my scans and treatments etc.

Depending on how much pain you’re in, maybe try doing reverse hypers. I swear by this exercise.

I had no back pain at all before this vehicle accident I was in recently. And I was hit by an uninsured driver at that smh. Since then my back has been hurting constantly. Waking up in the middle of the night in pain etc. have already had some X-rays and stuff and have an mri soon. Had to hire a personal injury lawyer because I’m scared insurance may try to screw me over and not pay for my scans and treatments etc.
Do you have medical insurance or just auto insurance? My medical insurance paid for everything even though i had auto insurance which paid out to a lower limit. Of course i had to repay all the medical bills from the settlement i got, but that is just standard practice.

Do you have medical insurance or just auto insurance? My medical insurance paid for everything even though i had auto insurance which paid out to a lower limit. Of course i had to repay all the medical bills from the settlement i got, but that is just standard practice.
Medical and auto. But they have given me a huge hassle with the whole ordeal since it happened I said screw this and went ahead and got a good lawyer.

Medical and auto. But they have given me a huge hassle with the whole ordeal since it happened I said screw this and went ahead and got a good lawyer.
I would be changing insurance companies. I had to fill out their paper work when my truck was totaled when sitting at a stop light and had no issue with my company. And they gave me the maximum payout with out any haggling. Same with the the other person insurance. But i had large medical bills so they just paid the max.

I would be changing insurance companies. I had to fill out their paper work when my truck was totaled when sitting at a stop light and had no issue with my company. And they gave me the maximum payout with out any haggling. Same with the the other person insurance. But i had large medical bills so they just paid the max.
Oh I’m definitely switching for sure! Hopefully I get this back issue gets worked out. I’ve never had pain in my back before the accident man it sucks.

Oh I’m definitely switching for sure! Hopefully I get this back issue worked out. I’ve never had pain in my back before the accident man.

After the MRI you will have a better idea whether it is a surgical/structural issue or something that will heal on its own or with therapy.

In the meantime, in terms of narcotic pain relievers, the typical opiates like oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc... can give you temporary relief from non nerve related pain, but they are highly addictive and many some people(myself included) hate the side effects.

If it is nerve pain, then Gabapentin or Lyrica will help, but again are not drugs to played around with and have not so good side effects.

Anti-inflammatory's, both steroidal(prednisone derivatives) and non-steroidal(voltaren and the like), can give you some relief as well, but once again you need to weigh the side effects and risks associated with the benefits.

You may try some peptides like like BPC 157 or TB-500 to help the healing process as well. Also a foam roller or theracane will help if the injury is of muscular origin, but it will hurt like fuck when using it.

Oh I’m definitely switching for sure! Hopefully I get this back issue worked out. I’ve never had pain in my back before the accident man.
At the worst i couldn't sleep in a bed, after 30 seconds the pain would start to build and be enough that i though i would need to to screaming soon. Had to lay on the floor with my calves on a chair with the hips and knees bent at 90 degrees and then there was no pain. But that only lasted a week, then i took one muscle relaxant pill and it pretty much cured the pain issue. Now i keep them on hand and take 1, maybe 2 times a year if it really seems warranted. I don't like over using things as they will not be there then if i really need them in the future. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear