over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower back pain

getbig212

Registered
I am having some pain in my lower back when I bend over. It isn't a horrible pain it's more like a burning pain. It feels like it's being over used and it's really sore. I suspect it may be from lack of flexibility but I want to get some input from others.

When I try to do bent over rows by the 5th rep the burning pain gets so bad that I can't bend over anymore. Even after I stand up the burning will still be there.

I usually sit backwards on a preacher curl so my back is sort of at a 45 degree angle and this seems to relieve the pain.

I'm getting really sick of having this pain though because it keeps messing up my back workouts and making them take way longer then they should. After every set I have to go lay down on a bench or sit on the preacher curl for 5 minutes before the pain goes away.

Sounds like what you're talking about it just a back pump. But assuming it's not...

Stop doing what hurts. Bent over rows are a back killer. Choose chest supported rows instead. Also make sure your training split is good, as in don't do deadlift the day before you do back and then the next day do squat.

You should also try to decompress your spine and also stretch out the glutes and hips. Also try stretching your hamstrings and hip flexors. Do these stretches statically AND dynamically.

It sort of feels like a pump. Like the pain is similar to when you do a ton of reps on curls for example and your biceps are burning.

I know wht your talking about I use to have that same problem jus the lower back muscles in that area are still weak need more time to be strengthen keep at it and do exercises that isolate an hit that area like the hamstring/back equipment where u lay on your stomach tuck your feet in and swing up an down you'll feel it right in the lower back

you could be overtraining and not giving your lower back time to heal. You could go to the chiropractor, or a deep tissue massage might get some of the knots out, your lower back sounds tight and a massage will help loosen it. You could also ice it at night and take iboprofren, that reduces swelling as you probably know. ice helps everything

I get that real bad. I think its from estrogen conversion from the gear. I notice if I work my lower back on the hyperextention machine...4 sets of 20 reps at the end of my back workout, it definitely helps the pain go away for several days. If I don't work my lower back atleast once a week, the pain starts getting bad. Tomorrow I'm going to add in masteron to block the estrogen. Hopefully, that too will help.

It does not sound like its related but we have to be careful with AS. The kidneys can give you pain that can be surprisingly simmilar to lower back muscle pain.

IPG

I agree with Johnjuanb1, it never fails as soon as i start a cycle I get constant lower back pumps, no matter if I sweep the kitchen, rake the yard, or lift, my lower back gets a crazy pump. Once my hormone levels stable off, it subsides, but sometimes its just unbearable.

I notice if I work my lower back on the hyperextention machine...4 sets of 20 reps at the end of my back workout,
thx J couldn't think of the name of that, really equipment not a machine cause u don't add weight to it

Last edited:
If it is a backpump, a good dose of taurine and some gatoraid will help it out....

As far as other back pains, I found a video on youtube that you sit on a small hardball and roll it around under your ass cheek to loosen up those muscles....very uncomfortable at first but I'll be damned if it didn't work for me.

Doing the P90X stretch at least once a week really helped my back, neck, and shoulders, and just leaves me feeling loose in general.

sounds like u need to strengthn ur low back...hanging low back extns and deadlifts get to it..

If it is a backpump, a good dose of taurine and some gatoraid will help it out....

As far as other back pains, I found a video on youtube that you sit on a small hardball and roll it around under your ass cheek to loosen up those muscles....very uncomfortable at first but I'll be damned if it didn't work for me.

Doing the P90X stretch at least once a week really helped my back, neck, and shoulders, and just leaves me feeling loose in general.

I use a pvc pipe as a roller.

Its also possible it could be a herniated disc. The burning sensation could be caused buy the disc pushing on nerves when you bend over. Then when you lay down for few mins it allow the gel in the disc to retract off the nerve.

It may or may not be that but soon enough you will know that it was a disc or not.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws