over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Back pump from squats ruined my workout

n3mo0101

Registered
This morning I went to hit glutes and hamstrings. Did 4 sets of wide-stance squats first, and then went on to SLDL's. Put 275 on the bar and got 8 no problem, but my lower back was SO pumped that I had to stop. It happened from squats, and has happened before. Its debilitating- I can't do any exercises involved standing upright. These are my theories:

1- I didn't keep my abs tight enough when squatting, making my lower back do more work.

2- My spine and/or hips are out of alignment, causing extra strain on my lower back

3- Poor flexibility is the root.

Anyone else have potential theories?

What sauce are you on? Any orals? That might be what's causing it. If you're not on anything, then it might be 1-2- or 3

Sent from The Iron Pile

I stopped dbol a little less than a week ago, but I've had the issue with and without sauce.

I'm currently on test, deca, and eq.

Pre workout slin, growth, and DES intra workout, but I didn't do the DES today.

Oh I see. EQ can cause it to. But I don't know what could cause it when you're off. Do some lower back exercises like Yates does some good mornings on his Blood and Guts video. And abdominal exercises, core. Strengthen your core will help.

Sent from The Iron Pile

My guess is its every thing. The reasons you mentioned as well as the gear.

Are you holding a lot of water? I get them all the time when I'm on orals

I have to be careful with this too.

Do exercises that involve less lower back first. I.e. Lying leg curls, seated leg curls, single leg hamstring curls. Then end with SLDL's and/or other upright exercises.

Keep your back workout and your quad work out a few days away from your hamstring workout during the week. Never go back to back.

Taurine also helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get em too. Try doing like 2 sets of abs before doing the squats again and tell me it happens. You might thank me.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Tight hips

This. and Tight hams.

I get them too. ATG squats will round your lower back if your hams/glutes aren't stretched enough or flexible.

do you have butt wink when squatting?

I have the same problem. Basically I do ass to grass squats. My lower back gets sooooo pumped. I also have noticed my lower back fatigues quickly on back day. Fiber type? I do lunges before squats that has helped loosen up my legs.

Make sure you legs are opening up fully, I used to get what the call butt wink where you pelvis tilts slightly at the bottom of the squats. I fixed it by breaking at the knees first beginning the movement, then driving out on my knees at the bottom. If your hips are tight you'll notice your knees pulling in at the bottom and your knees become valgus pushing your butt backwards. Hope this helps brother

Any lower back injuries in the past? For me, I hurt my lower back 10 years ago and every now and then I need to stop squatting or dead lifting .

what exactly are back pumps? do they feel like lactic acid build-up?
i did v squats on a machine and my lower back started feeling like it was a combo of cramp plus lactic acid to the point where i couldnt even walk. severe pain. went away after 5 minutes or so but godam did that hurt.
never had that happen before that or since, cuz i shied away from that machine.

HOW DO I FIGURE OUT MY FIBER TYPE?

IT FELT LIKE LACTIC ACID BUILDUP POSSIBLY, BUT THE SENSATION WAS LIKE THERE WAS A TENNIS BALL ON EITHER SIDE OF MY LOWER SPINE. IT WASN'T TOO PAINFUL, JUST FELT EXTREMELY FATIGUED. I WILL TRY OPENING UP MY KNEES ALL THE WAY DOWN.

HOW DO I FIGURE OUT MY FIBER TYPE?

IT FELT LIKE LACTIC ACID BUILDUP POSSIBLY, BUT THE SENSATION WAS LIKE THERE WAS A TENNIS BALL ON EITHER SIDE OF MY LOWER SPINE. IT WASN'T TOO PAINFUL, JUST FELT EXTREMELY FATIGUED. I WILL TRY OPENING UP MY KNEES ALL THE WAY DOWN.

The fiber type may not be the issue as much as just general back development. Keep in mind that if your hips are high when your squatting or deadlift that your pretty much doing a good morning. Most lower back pump comes from improper motor patterns, second to that is orals can cause pump which I blamed originally. After working with some very good lifters the problem really was just bad body position. Probably 70+℅ of people lifting use alot of the wrong muscles and it won't stop anyone fr getting strong, It will however prevent you from being the best you can be. Hope this helps

The fiber type may not be the issue as much as just general back development. Keep in mind that if your hips are high when your squatting or deadlift that your pretty much doing a good morning. Most lower back pump comes from improper motor patterns, second to that is orals can cause pump which I blamed originally. After working with some very good lifters the problem really was just bad body position. Probably 70+℅ of people lifting use alot of the wrong muscles and it won't stop anyone fr getting strong, It will however prevent you from being the best you can be. Hope this helps

So how would you go about fixed my these issues for somebody who trains on their own? Filming and critiquing movements?

Sometimes it's hard for me to get a partner who is experienced to help me learn the movements better because of time restrictions. Should I just post a video?

Sometimes it's hard for me to get a partner who is experienced to help me learn the movements better because of time restrictions. Should I just post a video?

That would be a great way to get started there's alot of very good lifters on here to help you figure it out. Chris Duffin has a great series of youtube videos you can watch as well. The key is for you to see yourself on film and look at your torso position. You can also watch videos of Pete Rubish who squats using more of his posterior chain. If your squat resembles his you are using alot of back strength

So how would you go about fixed my these issues for somebody who trains on their own? Filming and critiquing movements?

If you wanted to share things like you height, weight, whether your have short or long femurs,your squat width. And then the problems your struggling with I can make some suggestions. If not then seeing yourself on film will be a big help, you can post videos or PM me any questions

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member