over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower back

Darkpassenger

Registered
I have had the hardest time developing my lower back over the years. I deadlift, squat, front squat, clean, good mornings... But I can not get the lower V portion to get any bigger.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Work your lats. The bigger they are the more your back will get that v shape your looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the hardest time developing my lower back over the years. I deadlift, squat, front squat, clean, good mornings... But I can not get the lower V portion to get any bigger.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
[lang=es]\

Can you post a photo of your back, what kind of training are performing, talk a little about your diet and supplementation .. i woul like to help you...[/lang]

a lot of it is genetics you can only do what you are doing, the only thing that I found that helps and you might not want to hear this. Sacrifice a day that is your strong point to workout your weak point

Work your lats. The bigger they are the more your back will get that v shape your looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am more referring to the lower 1/4th of the back the very small portion above the butt. Haha I am well aware you need to work your lats for the large V. Sorry I was rather confusing!

the 'lower v portion'...?

sounds like something someone wrote in a cosmo magazine :rolleyes:

Be lean and do this:

db677a42644260d8_Superman-Booty-Lifts.xxxlarge.jpg

Sounds like you're hitting a variety of back exercises already. My suggestions would be the following...

Reverse hyper extensions. Yes these work the glutes but try dropping the weight and focus on pausing/squeezing at the top of the lift...works for me.

Good mornings are my favorite lower back exercise. I like to go heavy on them so I take a nice wide stance..lock your pelvis in and keep your back flat/arched and sit back into them. They will definitely hit your lower back section.

When doing back exercises with cable machines I like to slow the motion down..work the negative...helps my form stay tight and helps me isolate the muscles I'm workkng. Shitty form using cable machines is just wasting your time.

Diet. Nuff said. If your working your back properly and can drop some bf your back will show it. It may look better than you think.

Deadlift hypers
Keystone Deadlift(done correctly)

I appreciate the suggestions! Currently my diet is rather hohum because of my work busy season (lots of travel) so I'll get on that. Also, I will start incorporating more hypers and RDL's.

Get plenty of ab/core work in to help balance out the other side.

Stretch the low back heavily after workouts. We all do some many movements that contract the low back and then pack up and go home. Spend five minutes on it opening it up stretching fascia increasing nutrient dense blood flow etc.

Rack pulls. Takes the legs out of the deadlift and throws more emphasis on the low back.

strait leg deadlifts and sumo deadlifts. also go to the chiropractor and get deep tissue massages as well. i have the same problem and doing these plus static stretching helped

Some people just dont have genetically superior posterior chains. One thing i found that has helped build my erectors was making sure when i dead that im not just pulling lift to pull it that i focused on using my back to lockout the lift. Basiclly rack deads

Work your core completely. Do lower back, abs/obliques and make sure you're doing planks and twisting motions for you core. Your diet is key cause if your fat it take away from the tapered look. I sometimes start getting a muffin top thing going if I don't watch it, its my "weak spot." I'm lucky I have a big back so it doesn't look as bad. So also work your whole back, especially your lats. Broader shoulders tie it right in too so don't leave out that side delt. Its a look created in unison with many muscles, can't just focus on one

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear