advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower bank injury in the middle of a cycle!

Hate to hear about ur injury. Still getting over my last, I'll never get under a squat bar agan. Third injury from squat, I know ppl will say form, mind and muscle or its my fault that's fine, f a squat. I do belive low dose deca or npp is great while recuperating. I know it protects lean muscle and belive it to speed recovery. Gh at a couple iu a day I belive speeds recovery tremendously. And have used both together while recovering in the past. Also ibuprofen, prednisone or both directly after the injury to decrease inflammation is a must imop. There are studies that show methyl prednisone and deca together cause muscle fibers to grow in malformed ways, but I think a 5 day pack of pred while on a deca cycle and an injury occurs, well I'll take the risk to benifit. Wishing u a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Did you injure your spin/discs or your lumbar muscles?

Did you injure your spin/discs or your lumbar muscles?
I have an excellent health care plan one of the gold plans the dr I was seen by at the hospital seemed pretty honest and told me, after i gave a brief work history and what happened, that there was no way to know without an mri or xrays what I had done to my back or what preexisting conditions, which could be used for profit, they might find. Then he told me I would be a prime patient for surgery or surgerys. Then he asked me if I wanted an mri or if I wanted to wate it out. I waited it out, they gave me a shot of dilated and prescribed hydrocodon, niproxin, methel prednisone, and a muscle relaxer. I was using 600 migs of deca a week and 30 to 40 turnabol at that time and imedatly poped a shot of 450 deca which with a 2 day a week shot regimen brought the deca to 750 for the next 2 weeks, cut the tball to 10 a day, started the prescriptions and was doing pretty good 14 days later. 85ish % at a month now? Back in the jym being careful.
Iv hurt my back a few times but this last time I was pissing in a bucket off the bed lying flat on my belly with my toes on the floor slid half off the bed. And it hurt to try to get up, fucked up hurt, I had to use a chair and posation my chest over the back while using my chest and arm strength to lift my self to a standing posation. Then when standing if I moved one of eather feet from left to right or right to left I actually cred out like a pussy. Just to turn my foot would take my breath. I'm ashamed to post this shit. All I have to say is fuck a squat.
I don't use gh in my w/o but keep it for injuries. Any one can say what they want when I'm hurt I want deca, npp, or eq with gh all low dose AFTER 2ish weeks, time for the swelling to go down. I belive I recover far faster and better.
Last, the most fucked up thing is I don't really know what my max squat is I can do 413 on a smith 8 times clean, but that day I only had 292 on the smith, every thing was perfact, I was on my 4th set and last rep down perfact about half way up an autible pop it went through my hole body I want to the floor and the weight went to the safety. I had just put the safety locks up befor starting that last set, if I had not I'd be fucked.
I hope ur back is not really screwed up beacuse I thought I knew what back pain was or pain in general, I have as high a tolerance for pain as most I belive but that shit is real.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

When doing your row, the force applied to your spine was greater that the protective mechanisms in you; glute and core strength for instance. When you gained weight you both change the dynamics of your body and can change how forces in your body are absorbed and also probably became very strong very quick, again changing how forces are absorbed in your body.

If you heard a crack in your back it could be nothing or a couple of things. The joints in your spine are called facets and they can stick and pop if the separate. If you were bent over it makes senses as you would be puling into lumbar flexion separating the joint. Generally a facet fracture happens with extreme extension. However, a common way to herniate a disk is to go into flexion with a great force squeezing out the jelly of the donut so to speak with your disk. Again, the crack could be nothing significant and only an MRI or Cat Scan would show a disk injury.

When you go to a doctor they usually prescribe antiinflammatories, muscle relaxers and pain meds. Using Ibuprofen 800mg 3x/day is common. An oral steroid is common like a prednisone taper. Muscle relaxers and pain meds can help but can be a double edge sword.

Take your doctor up on physical therapy is he or she offers unless you are in killer pain. Physical therapy is like cross training. Do it, don't be dumb.

Keep us posted with any results of imaging. Also, sometimes insurance won't pay for imaging unless you do PT first.

When doing your row, the force applied to your spine was greater that the protective mechanisms in you; glute and core strength for instance. When you gained weight you both change the dynamics of your body and can change how forces in your body are absorbed and also probably became very strong very quick, again changing how forces are absorbed in your body.

If you heard a crack in your back it could be nothing or a couple of things. The joints in your spine are called facets and they can stick and pop if the separate. If you were bent over it makes senses as you would be puling into lumbar flexion separating the joint. Generally a facet fracture happens with extreme extension. However, a common way to herniate a disk is to go into flexion with a great force squeezing out the jelly of the donut so to speak with your disk. Again, the crack could be nothing significant and only an MRI or Cat Scan would show a disk injury.

When you go to a doctor they usually prescribe antiinflammatories, muscle relaxers and pain meds. Using Ibuprofen 800mg 3x/day is common. An oral steroid is common like a prednisone taper. Muscle relaxers and pain meds can help but can be a double edge sword.

Take your doctor up on physical therapy is he or she offers unless you are in killer pain. Physical therapy is like cross training. Do it, don't be dumb.

Keep us posted with any results of imaging. Also, sometimes insurance won't pay for imaging unless you do PT first.

I just got back from the Dr´s office. After the physical exam, he thinks I could have a severe muscle tear in the lower back plus a disc rupture at the L5/S1 level, to confirm or discard he sent me to get the MRI, which I will be doing tomorrow. I have to get a pre-authorization from my insurance company if they say yes then I will only have to pay 30% so fingers crossed.

As you said he thinks I should start taking a painkiller (Etoricoxib), muscle relaxer and a cream to massage the area. He also recommended I start taking a hydrolyzed collagen to help with recovery.

I was lucky enough to find a Dr that has experience with BBers and Powerlifters, so that is good. Will keep you guys posted!

Thank you!

That med is in the same class as Celebrex and viox. Viox was taken off the market as is caused heart related issues. Celebrex stayed. It is an anti-inflammatory only. It lessens inflammation and therefore decreases pain but it is not a pain killer like Tylenol or Vicodin. Its supposed to be nicer to your GI compared to ibuprofen or naproxen. If that is what he gave you then use it.

I would take it until you start feeling somewhat better and slowly decrease it or use it more sparingly over time. But use it for the time being.

Keep us informed as the the results of your imaging. Don't rush into crazy treatments. If you start to feel better from the med then I would do Physical therapy only.

If you get worse then it could be means to change plans.

Use ice a ton. 20 minutes on and 20 off. Do that all the time especially after exercising. And if lifting increases your pain then don't lift hard at all. Like others said just use machines with what doesn't hurt or light cardio. I would lower doses as well for a period of time. Don't push on the gas pedal when your engine need repair.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws