over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Lat Help

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok guys i have a really hard time stimulating my lower back(back period is a weak area for me). I have high lat insertions. My upper back is decent but i can not for the life of me get my lower lats to stimulate. I want that look in my rear lat spread where the bottom of my lats is very round look. I know alot of that is conditioning but even with th best conditioning you need the muscle. So can u guys recommend me some exercises that have helped you.

I always feel my lower lats alot by doing one arm rows or hammer low rows. I try to slow down the negative and really stretch at the bottom of the rep. I also like to pull the dumbell back towards my hip so my arm is almost an "L"....
Oh and good ole deadlifts will make your back grow without a doubt

lOWER LATS?

There is no way to get lower lats if they do not insert low.......... focus on changing things that are possible to change.

There is no way to get lower lats if they do not insert low.......... focus on changing things that are possible to change.

This brings up an interesting point and it seems you already answered it Phil.

But I always hear people say do this exercise for upper or lower portion of this or that muscle.But isn't your specific muscle shape already determined and you must develope it and play the cards your dealt?

Aside from maybe synthol ,no way to really change shape or manipulate specific upper or lower developement or shape?

NO WAY to change a muscles shape. correct me if i am wrong but muscle shape is determined by bone structure, insertion points etc. no exercise is going to change muscle shape.
otherwise i bet certain pro's woulda figured it out already:)
-JS

Undergrip barbell and/or dumbbell rows have worked well for developing the lower lats for me. Try to stay around 45 degrees to parallel and pull to lower abs.

grow the entire lat and the lower portion will look bigger.

I dont think you can stimulate a certain portion of the muscle without stimulating the entire muscle...I think the contractile properties of muscle fiber dont allow that.

if the problem is that you can't feel them working or don't feel sore, then problem is your form on exercises. try this, do lat pull with med, pronated grip and make sure the pinky part of hands are holding deep and tight. stretch while inhaling deep by expanding chest cavity and feel your scapula rise up, then hold breath, contract abs, and drop the scapula down and in, then pull the bar down to mid low chest by pulling elbows down and back(exhale at the end), stick chest out, feel the crunch in lower lats around lumbar and hold for a count, then start again.

grow the entire lat and the lower portion will look bigger.

I dont think you can stimulate a certain portion of the muscle without stimulating the entire muscle...I think the contractile properties of muscle fiber dont allow that.

BINGO.
-JS

I realize you can not change your genetic structure. But I do have an upper and lower part to my lats i have been told that my lower portion of my lats needs to be brought up

I realize you can not change your genetic structure. But I do have an upper and lower part to my lats i have been told that my lower portion of my lats needs to be brought up

what he means is:

you are speaking as if there are 2 seperate muscles for upper and lower... while there are 2 different SECTIONS, they are the SAME muscle... its all one piece, it grows as a whole... so yes you DO need to bring up your lower lats, which means in reality, your lats need to grow.

Just keep training your lower lats and will get better overtime..... Still will be your weak point no matter what you do.....

It's easy man.. just don't flex your upper lats when you do your back workouts! Just flex and use your lower lats for a few exercises so they can catch up to your upper ones. Duh

Last edited:
to really feel the lats from top to bottom, start with lat pulldown with your palms facing you focus on feeling the stretch and contraction, under hand bent over rows pull to the lowest part of your waist like dorian used to do,again make sure you feel the lats stretching and contracting, one more point always pull with your elbows, good luck.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear