over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Lats Help

mgnz

Registered
I wanted to get some advice and opinions on the best exercises to bring out your lower lats. I've been training for 10 years now, and back has always been a week point for me.

Previously I think my arms were taking over during my back workouts. The past couple years I've been focusing more on contracting my back muscles and using less biceps on back exercises. Although this is helping my back development, I'm having trouble brining out the lower lats.

Possibly it's genetic as I have high lats to begin with, but can you guys suggest your favorite exercises to bring out the lower lats?

Thanks for your input!

Genetics

It really depends on where your lats tie in and how "long" they are IMO. I don't know of a way you can work your "lower" lats any more than you can work your "upper" bicep. Just train the entire back hard.

One-arm rows. Pull to waist. Machine or dumbbells. If you do it right you will feel a sharp pinch on your lower lat. Keep hitting a movement like that every back workout. If you don't see improvements pretty fast, you're likely just fucked genes-wise.

Thanks for the input. I've always done one arm d-bell rows trying to pull low to the waist. Just can't get the lower lat development I'd like. Maybe genetic, but I've heard that v-handle pulldowns, close grip t-bar rows, or close grip pullups (palms facing in) to target lower lats more effectively. Any truth to this?

I feel a lot of my back when I do tbar rows. I get a better stretch too.

It really depends on where your lats tie in and how "long" they are IMO. I don't know of a way you can work your "lower" lats any more than you can work your "upper" bicep. Just train the entire back hard.

:yeahthat: I think he is right. You can always make them thicker and wider, but lower that genetics. For wider lats changing your grip select on pull ups are the best for me. One week do a wide grip pull ups with a close grip lat pull down and then change it up weekly. For thickness all kinds of rows work great.

Thanks for all the input! I'll have to put some of these into my back workouts. ::port-smi

Thanks for the input. I've always done one arm d-bell rows trying to pull low to the waist. Just can't get the lower lat development I'd like. Maybe genetic, but I've heard that v-handle pulldowns, close grip t-bar rows, or close grip pullups (palms facing in) to target lower lats more effectively. Any truth to this?

I always feel it more in my lower lats when I do parallel grip narrow pulldowns.

underhand babbell rows underhand shouldwidth pulldowns to front and the best one imo is the one arm dumbell, row. But really really focus on the stretch and instead of doin the norm and pulling straight up and down , thhink of a diagonal line so as ur leaning have the dumbell in front of u instead of next and pull back as far as u can. Thisd be a lot easier to show so sorry if this doesnt help. At least i tried lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131