advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower RBC, HCT, & HGB without donating blood?

rp2100

Registered
I've tried to donate blood but gotten rejected for, shall we say, a very minor medical annoyance that I've been dealing with. Aside from that, I don't like having to lie about steroid use. Are there any alternative ways to lower RBC, hematocrit, and hemoglobin? If I can find a willing nurse or doctor friend, would he/she be able to do an at-home phlebotomy with basic supplies and dump the blood down a drain or something?

Citrulline is supposed to help, and yerba mate tea as well. There is a post about it in the HRT forum. Check out Ric's Corner on youtube, one of his guests talk specifically about it.

Jerry Brainum on Testosterone Usage is the title. Apparently some people have a tendency to overdevelop RBCs once dosages hit over 150mgs a week.

Lower RBC, HCT, & HGB without donating blood?

Citrulline is supposed to help, and yerba mate tea as well. There is a post about it in the HRT forum. Check out Ric's Corner on youtube, one of his guests talk specifically about it.

Jerry Brainum on Testosterone Usage is the title. Apparently some people have a tendency to overdevelop RBCs once dosages hit over 150mgs a week.

None of this ever helped me and only on 100 mlg per week ..... IF it has ever helped anyone on this forum please post up as id love to hear about it!

OP:

U could look at ip-6, lactoferrin, hydrating ur ass off, and adding cardio 30-60 min per day and the above mentioned supps....and lowering ur dosage.... Pinning more often....

Let us know how u fair!

Sent from my i pi using Tapatrash....

Last edited:

Thanks. I watched that video, and the advice he gave was basically what you said: yerba mate and citrulline, if donating is not an option. I also checked out that thread and based on the recommendations therein, I'll start using a baby aspirin daily.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. I have to give blood pretty regular and my Dr is making me drop to 75mgs a week because of it. I think it's due to sleep apnea and the oxygen debt it's creating.

None of this ever helped me and only on 100 mlg per week ..... IF it has ever helped anyone on this forum please post up as id love to hear about it!

OP:

U could look at ip-6, lactoferrin, hydrating ur ass off, and adding cardio 30-60 min per day and the above mentioned supps....and lowering ur dosage.... Pinning more often....

Let us know how u fair!

Thanks for the suggestions. My doses are usually very moderate and I mainly stick to test, so I really can't change anything up to make my use more RBC-friendly. It seems like donating really is the best route... I just wish it wasn't such a pain in the ass!

On a different note, the questionnaire asks if you've ever used steroids and I put no. I'm pretty big, but I can still pass for steroid-free if I wear a loose fitting shirt. However, I don't know how some of you bigger guys can be allowed to donate when anyone with half a brain would look at you and say "you're clearly on steroids, get out of here!"

I'm pretty sure that it's not only the steroids but the needle usage. They also ask if you have used needles and if you have gotten a recent tattoo.

IP6, moderate-intense cardio, and a perfect diet will lower it. I used to have hematocrit problems and now it's the one thing I don't need to worry about anymore. It's in the 43-45 range when it used to be 55+ at times.

IP6, moderate-intense cardio, and a perfect diet will lower it. I used to have hematocrit problems and now it's the one thing I don't need to worry about anymore. It's in the 43-45 range when it used to be 55+ at times.

U have any updates about how ur cardio and supps along with diet have changed or is it the same as we spoke about a few months ago? Cardio u recommend?

I'm pretty sure that it's not only the steroids but the needle usage. They also ask if you have used needles and if you have gotten a recent tattoo.

True. I think they're making generalizations in order to eliminate the risk of getting infected blood. Rather than saying "it's ok if you injected yourself with drugs as long as everything was sterile," they ban it completely.

U have any updates about how ur cardio and supps along with diet have changed or is it the same as we spoke about a few months ago? Cardio u recommend?

Well I did a cycle/blast since then for 7 weeks and put back on 40lbs (zero fat gain). I've since lost 8-10lbs of water from that and am back to my TRT dose for the last month. Supplements all remained the same and am back to my regular cardio regimen. I had to stop cardio for a few weeks when I blasted because my back bumps were so severe from all that muscle gain. When I got my hematocrit tested, it was still only 46. My cardio is HIIT on treadmill some days and 30 minutes of stairmaster on other days (6 days per week). Weight training 5x a week.

I do

nothuman, thanks for explaining what you did to lower your levels.

I'm getting some blood work done on Friday, not through my insurance. Maybe I can explain to the phlebotomist that my hematocrit is a little high and that I've tried to donate blood but gotten rejected and ask if he/she can take an extra pint of blood and discard it?

nothuman, thanks for explaining what you did to lower your levels.

I'm getting some blood work done on Friday, not through my insurance. Maybe I can explain to the phlebotomist that my hematocrit is a little high and that I've tried to donate blood but gotten rejected and ask if he/she can take an extra pint of blood and discard it?

It's possible the doctor will have you see a phlebotomist for that, when will then draw blood. I used to see a phlebotomist when it was an issue.

Well I did a cycle/blast since then for 7 weeks and put back on 40lbs (zero fat gain). I've since lost 8-10lbs of water from that and am back to my TRT dose for the last month. Supplements all remained the same and am back to my regular cardio regimen. I had to stop cardio for a few weeks when I blasted because my back bumps were so severe from all that muscle gain. When I got my hematocrit tested, it was still only 46. My cardio is HIIT on treadmill some days and 30 minutes of stairmaster on other days (6 days per week). Weight training 5x a week.

Gotta burn those oxygenated cells up :)

Damn this is some things I gotta try! I hate giving blood I'm a pussy when it comes to it...so these ideas will be perfect to help keep everything in check

It's possible the doctor will have you see a phlebotomist for that, when will then draw blood. I used to see a phlebotomist when it was an issue.

My doctor doesn't know that these markers are elevated, I found out via blood work that I paid for myself. I could ask my doctor to run a CBC and once we have the results, I'll ask how I can lower those markers and see if I can get a prescribed phlebotomy. But how suspicious would he be when he sees these numbers? If he looks at blood work from a few years ago, these numbers were in range.

RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.94 (4.20-5.80 Million/uL)
HEMOGLOBIN 17.8 (13.2-17.1 g/dL)
HEMATOCRIT 53.7 (38.5-50.0 %)

BUMP

Do you guys think that if my doctor saw numbers like these he'd start questioning me as to why they're elevated? I don't know how much of a red flag it would be for AAS use...

RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.94 (4.20-5.80 Million/uL)
HEMOGLOBIN 17.8 (13.2-17.1 g/dL)
HEMATOCRIT 53.7 (38.5-50.0 %)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads