over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Luke Sandoe Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show, don’t always believe what you see on social media, people project what they want others to see which is not always the whole story and only those very close know that hidden side. The pressures these famous people face are something we normal people don’t realize. While we idolize them in some ways, we should also have compassion on them also, put ourselves not only in their shoes as to how awesome it would be but also the great burden that they carry.

Great physique, seemed a great guy, tragic loss all around.

Voiceover by Guy Cisternino

Exactly.

I had a girlfriend who tried to commit suicide in my home (my mother's home) by overdose.
People who didn't know her well would see a beautiful, talented, amazingly smart (genius IQ) girl with tremendous potential.

I rode in the ambulance and sat by her bed in the ICU looking down at her yellow face and charcoal-stained mouth.
I took her on as a personal responsibility in order to have her released from the mental hospital.

Unless you really know someone, like Ben did Luke, you cannot understand what they face in their own head day after day.
It's not as simple as they don't love their family, or they hate life. You just can't understand from your armchair...

“genius” IQ 🤔🙄 pretty big claim

deleted

deleted

I would have the phone in my hand talking to a friend or family member about how good I'm doing, meanwhile in the other hand, I'm playing with a pistol wondering what I want to do with it next.

A good friend of mine was going through a rough time and I tried to guide him through it. I was one of the only people he'd be honest with his feelings about because he knew I'd been there. His behavior improved dramatically. He seemed to be on the up and up, I was so happy to see him like that. Then he shot himself on Christmas Eve.

Always be there for a friend or family member and take that random call in the middle of the night. You never know what is going through that person's head.

Suicide via insulin is very difficult. It is a tactic commonly used by health care workers who have access to large amounts. Of all the insulin suicide attempts I have seen and accidental health care worker administered insulin over doses... zero have died. Very sick with prolonged ICU stays, yes. Death, no.

Doesn't matter. Of course it is still possible. And regardless it is still terrible he was hurting so bad.

Is that right? Insulin isn't something I've looked into much but it seems like everyone says overdose is very possible. One of my colleagues was diabetic + messed around with drugs quite a bit and she almost crashed on a weekly basis. If people weren't around to shove soda down her throat she would have died on numerous occasions, so it's hard to see how this would be difficult.

I would have the phone in my hand talking to a friend or family member about how good I'm doing, meanwhile in the other hand, I'm playing with a pistol wondering what I want to do with it next.

A good friend of mine was going through a rough time and I tried to guide him through it. I was one of the only people he'd be honest with his feelings about because he knew I'd been there. His behavior improved dramatically. He seemed to be on the up and up, I was so happy to see him like that. Then he shot himself on Christmas Eve.

Always be there for a friend or family member and take that random call in the middle of the night. You never know what is going through that person's head.

Man, sorry to hear that. As I've gotten older I've been shocked at the number of people who are depressed. It seems like at least half of the women I know have some level of depression and anxiety, and more men than I'd expect. The only time I've ever related to wanting to die is when I've been in chronic pain, but never simply from feeling low/depressed. To think it happens routinely with these guys who have kids and a family, it must get to a terrible level. Scary to think you could be caught so unaware.

you guys who say it was accidental insulin overdose don't know a thing about insulin lol
first of all, you think this was Luke's first rodeo with insulin!? lmao uh.... no. so he knew what he was doing.
Even od'ing with insulin ON PURPOSE and dying is HARD to do. like someone stated above it almost NEVER results in death.
trust me, I have suffered from depression most or all of my life. I researched suicide via insulin and bought a shotgun instead. Shotgun is 100% effective. Most likely result from insulin overdose is coma. but NOT death.
accidentally od'ed lmao
-F2S

accidental overdose is possible, but it sounds like in this case there were plenty of signs that point to suicide.

I once had a friend I taught with that had juvenile diabetes. He was 23 years old, so he had been using insulin his whole life. One day he did not show up to work. Thank goodness he showed up about an hour or so late.

He had apparently taken too much insulin the night before and passed out on the floor. He woke up the next morning on the floor naked and he had pissed and shit himself all over. He was crawling on the floor he thinks, headed to the refrigerator but never made it there. He was going for his glucagon. That needs to be refrigerated. His whole life he never had it happen that bad, but that night it did. He probably came close to death.

You would have to be an idiot or experimenting with some crazy protocol to accidently OD on insulin. I know someone who has blacked out using insulin on no carbs but no coma or anything serious happened. The body can regulate itself. As others have posted this was not an accident. I don't know if a letter was left or other drugs (sleeping pills) were used but just speaking of insulin someone with his experience wouldn't die accidently. My mate on this forum (he can post when he reads this) knows someone who has killed themselves with insulin after his gf broke up with him. He said he iv'ed a massive amount of insulin.

I don’t get where this accidental overdose is coming from?
Multiple confirmations it was suicide.

if you guys want to see some of the issues he was dealing with or his mindset go to YouTube and watching his, found abiad, and James hollingshead’s bodybuilding and bullocks from April 23rd of this year. Forward to the 2hr 5 min mark and watch. RIP

accidental overdose is possible, but it sounds like in this case there were plenty of signs that point to suicide.

I once had a friend I taught with that had juvenile diabetes. He was 23 years old, so he had been using insulin his whole life. One day he did not show up to work. Thank goodness he showed up about an hour or so late.

He had apparently taken too much insulin the night before and passed out on the floor. He woke up the next morning on the floor naked and he had pissed and shit himself all over. He was crawling on the floor he thinks, headed to the refrigerator but never made it there. He was going for his glucagon. That needs to be refrigerated. His whole life he never had it happen that bad, but that night it did. He probably came close to death.

I am sure when someone medically needs it and takes it daily they can get very careless with it's usage. Taking it pre bed and being careless (taking too much) is a recipe for disaster.

I don’t get where this accidental overdose is coming from?
Multiple confirmations it was suicide.

if you guys want to see some of the issues he was dealing with or his mindset go to YouTube and watching his, found abiad, and James hollingshead’s bodybuilding and bullocks from April 23rd of this year. Forward to the 2hr 5 min mark and watch. RIP

Exactly. It's like people want it to be careless drug use or a heart attack so it fit's their narrative. Everything stated so far only shows a suicide including his own relative (a female non bodybuilder) posting he had issues before even joining a gym and bodybuilding basically helped him. This is much more common than people realize and suicide should be spoken about more. A very sad day. James's IG post was very touching and sad at the same time. That's me out of this thread. RIP.

Never mind, it looks like I am wrong and there is, in fact, evidence that it was a suicide. Literally learned this just after I posted and attempted to edit but too late. Evidence points to suicide with insulin and possibly "sleeping pills" of some sort.

Rex.

if the "sleeping pills" were ambien, then his death could have been a complete accident - like what happened with Little Slice.

intentional overdose happens with diabetics too, so its more common than you might think.

"In a 2009 studyTrusted Source, researchers acknowledged that people with diabetes are at an increased risk of depression and suicide. Sometimes, a person who is depressed or suffering from mental illness may take an insulin overdose on purpose.

If you or a loved one is experiencing depression, speak to a doctor as soon as possible. Also, make sure you know the emergency signs and symptoms of insulin overdose. It may help save someone’s life."

I am sure when someone medically needs it and takes it daily they can get very careless with it's usage. Taking it pre bed and being careless (taking too much) is a recipe for disaster.
I think its easier for diabetics to overdose because they actually need the insulin and their body can't regulate blood sugar on its own. I can't remember what types of insulin he was using, but it was probably more than one type. He had it pretty bad. I just want to point out that it could happen, but I don't think death is that common. Somehow he survived and made it to work the next day!

I think its harder for a bodybuilder that isn't diabetic to overdose and die. It is hard to imagine. I know a very competitive statewide guy that went to nationals many years and he said he took his after working out and went hypo when he was driving home. Scared himself but he made it OK. I had it happen once too, but just needed to eat a bunch of carbs.

You would have to be an idiot or experimenting with some crazy protocol to accidently OD on insulin. I know someone who has blacked out using insulin on no carbs but no coma or anything serious happened. The body can regulate itself. As others have posted this was not an accident. I don't know if a letter was left or other drugs (sleeping pills) were used but just speaking of insulin someone with his experience wouldn't die accidently. My mate on this forum (he can post when he reads this) knows someone who has killed themselves with insulin after his gf broke up with him. He said he iv'ed a massive amount of insulin.

this is definitely true..at least in my own experience. I’ve been a type 1 since I was 12 years old and the lowest my sugar has ever gotten to was 32 mg/dl and this is using several different types of insulin over the years. Everything from Lente to Lantus

I even had an acquaintance back in college who was type 1 and depressed try to take her own life with an entire vial of Humalog in one go..(~1000iu). Funny thing is she told me all that did was cause severe hypoglycemia and made her eat a few bags of m and ms and ritz crackers lol

I think its easier for diabetics to overdose because they actually need the insulin and their body can't regulate blood sugar on its own. I can't remember what types of insulin he was using, but it was probably more than one type. He had it pretty bad. I just want to point out that it could happen, but I don't think death is that common. Somehow he survived and made it to work the next day!

I think its harder for a bodybuilder that isn't diabetic to overdose and die. It is hard to imagine. I know a very competitive statewide guy that went to nationals many years and he said he took his after working out and went hypo when he was driving home. Scared himself but he made it OK. I had it happen once too, but just needed to eat a bunch of carbs.

When I first used insulin I really wanted to understand all aspects of it's usage. I experimented with food timing etc. I also took small amounts and didn't eat to understand what hypo felt like and the different stages. I am not going to go into it detail here but yes it's easy to fuck up if you are careless with food timing and the main thing is once hypo hits there is no going back even if you are stuffing your face with sugar. Now doing so will get you out of the hypo state fast but there will be a very uncomfortable 5 mins ahead of you. I have nearly passed out on slin a few times so I understand it's power even at low doses if you mistime carbohydrate intake. As you stated post workout and driving home is a very common time people fuck up because they are more sensitive (can hit faster) after training and they take it thinking they will drive home and eat when they get back but they should always have a shake on them and keep a supply of nutrients going as they drive. Anyway this isn't really the time and place as it's clear this was suicide but sure guys using slin be careful and always have carbs on hand just to be safe.

Suicide via insulin is very difficult. It is a tactic commonly used by health care workers who have access to large amounts. Of all the insulin suicide attempts I have seen and accidental health care worker administered insulin over doses... zero have died. Very sick with prolonged ICU stays, yes. Death, no.

Doesn't matter. Of course it is still possible. And regardless it is still terrible he was hurting so bad.
This is false. Intravenous insulin kills you real quick. Knew of a bodybuilder who killed himself this way. I passed out doing only 5 units of insulin intravenously as a moronic experiment. Insulin is very dangerous!!!! There’s no coming back. You can’t get glucose fast enough.

Man wth. RIP great bodybuilder and person. Love watching his podcast with Fouad Abiad. Had a lot of potential to one day maybe be Mr O. Still unbelievable. MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member