over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Luke Sandoe Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that right? Insulin isn't something I've looked into much but it seems like everyone says overdose is very possible. One of my colleagues was diabetic + messed around with drugs quite a bit and she almost crashed on a weekly basis. If people weren't around to shove soda down her throat she would have died on numerous occasions, so it's hard to see how this would be difficult.

No I dont think she would've died. I think she would've suffered in a unconscious state for a very long time that she might have eventually come out of or been saved and suffered life long complications from. Hypoglycemia is easy with insulin use. And severe/prolonged hypoglycemia has serious consequences but death is not usually one of them.

I know a nurse who took 2 (TWO) 100iu vials of Humalog in the bathroom at work. She was eventually found after an unknown down time, admitted to the MICU for a month. But she lived but suffers from short term memory issues as a result.

Anyway, not condoning suicide and not downplaying Luke's situation or saying insulin definitely wasn't the culprit. Just that there are FAR more effective ways and using insulin has a far greater chance of fucking you up long term vs killing you.

This is false. Intravenous insulin kills you real quick. Knew of a bodybuilder who killed himself this way. I passed out doing only 5 units of insulin intravenously as a moronic experiment. Insulin is very dangerous!!!! There’s no coming back. You can’t get glucose fast enough.

How many intentional insulin overdoses of Humalog have you taken care of in the ICU? I bet my experience is more extensive than yours. You passed out. You didn't die or come close to it. There's a huge difference and that is what I am saying. Is it possible, yes of course. It is also not very effective. Read the post I just made about a nurse who took 200iu Humalog at once.

accidental overdose is possible, but it sounds like in this case there were plenty of signs that point to suicide.

I once had a friend I taught with that had juvenile diabetes. He was 23 years old, so he had been using insulin his whole life. One day he did not show up to work. Thank goodness he showed up about an hour or so late.

He had apparently taken too much insulin the night before and passed out on the floor. He woke up the next morning on the floor naked and he had pissed and shit himself all over. He was crawling on the floor he thinks, headed to the refrigerator but never made it there. He was going for his glucagon. That needs to be refrigerated. His whole life he never had it happen that bad, but that night it did. He probably came close to death.

This is my point. Probably not close to death. Close to have end organ damage for the rest of his life? Yes. Close to death no. If he made it that long overnight he wasn't gonna die. His body had already compensated (to the point of survival, not return to normal mental status). The situation you describe of severe hypoglycemia is common accidentally and less to but still happens intentionally. But this is not to be confused with "near death".

And again, obviously I am not certain of anything with Luke's situation. Anything is possible. And no matter what or how it happened it is terrible. There are a ton of people saying what a great guy he was and how he had some demons. Very sad no matter what.

No I dont think she would've died. I think she would've suffered in a unconscious state for a very long time that she might have eventually come out of or been saved and suffered life long complications from. Hypoglycemia is easy with insulin use. And severe/prolonged hypoglycemia has serious consequences but death is not usually one of them.

I know a nurse who took 2 (TWO) 100iu vials of Humalog in the bathroom at work. She was eventually found after an unknown down time, admitted to the MICU for a month. But she lived but suffers from short term memory issues as a result.

Anyway, not condoning suicide and not downplaying Luke's situation or saying insulin definitely wasn't the culprit. Just that there are FAR more effective ways and using insulin has a far greater chance of fucking you up long term vs killing you.

Of course but a desperate mind will do desperate things and it probably wasn't planned out extensively. Who knows and it's all speculation. The time the body is left makes a massive difference as does the other medication used (if any). If combined with large doses of sleeping meds or even a beta blocker the risk of death is much greater. The way his relatives and close friends have posted it was definitely suicide so there must be things/evidence showing that which they haven't released to the public. The guy could have shot himself and some on social media will still say it was due to steroids.

Man you guys just can't give it any time. Just leave your condolences and stop turning this into an insulin thread!

How many intentional insulin overdoses of Humalog have you taken care of in the ICU? I bet my experience is more extensive than yours. You passed out. You didn't die or come close to it. There's a huge difference and that is what I am saying. Is it possible, yes of course. It is also not very effective. Read the post I just made about a nurse who took 200iu Humalog at once.
A know a guy who committed suicide by injecting 10ccs of humalin-R intravenously. Tell me anyone can survive that.

A know a guy who committed suicide by injecting 10ccs of humalin-R intravenously. Tell me anyone can survive that.
IV would hit like a freight train I bet. That would make a difference.

I had a friend back in the day who said he tried to kill himself by doing a vial of Actrapid, which I think is similar to Humulin-R. I didn't pry for details but he said he had passed out for a few hours but he survived.
We are always told how deadly insulin is but I can't really think of any accidental deaths despite such widespread use in our community. Not saying it can't happen but it doesn't seem extremely easy.

I don't know what happened to Luke but if sleeping pills were involved then you don't know if whatever he did was "a choice" really, like little slice's example shows. Even if the guy was severely depressed. But this is all speculation.

I haven't really researched suicide much but I've seen accompanying side-bars to articles in the news concerning suicides saying they are often spur of the moment acts that aren't planned. I'm sure the people left behind have a hard time knowing what was going through the suicide's mind at the moment when the decision is made... you are left with questions that are never answered.

It's sad to see how many try to capitalize on events like this. Often spreading wrong information just desperate to get their monetized video out as fast as possible no matter how much bad information is included. I will say he had a great group of friends around him and I feel bad for all of them. On the topic of bodybuilding he really did have the potential to be Mr Olympia.

It's sad to see how many try to capitalize on events like this. Often spreading wrong information just desperate to get their monetized video out as fast as possible no matter how much bad information is included. I will say he had a great group of friends around him and I feel bad for all of them. On the topic of bodybuilding he really did have the potential to be Mr Olympia.

I remember telling a friend that Luke had a wonderful frame with very nice muscle bellies and that he could win any show if he came in shredded. Yes he really had the potential IMO, even if extreme shreds isn't easy to achieve for everyone, so it's not a foregone conclusion.

You know best.
Hahahaha don’t be offended by my comments. I apologize if I came off as a dick. Accidental death from insulin, like you said, most likely doesn’t happen. But, when someone is set on killing themselves it does the trick if you iv a full vial. Anyway, it’s sad he felt life was so bad that he didn’t see a future. No matter how bad things get, they usually do get better. Unfortunately, when in that hopeless state it’s easy to make a rash decision.

Stupid people giving out dangerous advice. Time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner