over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lyle Alzado's 'War with the Weights'

I am so glad I was a kid in the 80s and didnt have to partake in the fashion. And really wasnt into music other than the beastie boys

Is it wrong to feel embarrassed for these people? Lyle Alzado may have been a bad ass but it's horrendous what his situation has done to help the rest of us..

Some say the cancer he got, he got from the growth hormone he took (which was from a cadaver who may have had cancer). Others say he really died of AIDS. Whatever way he died, I think we can all agree that he was a great football player and all around bad ass.

Last edited:
If I can remember, Lyle truly believed his cancer was cause by his
extreme abuse of Anadrol. Anadrol has been known to cause cancer.

So thats what he calls war with the weights :p:naughty:
Not very impressive in that video lol

Last edited:
Without starting a bunch of rumors, Mike Quinn (who seemed to know Lyle pretty well) had some interesting things to say about him. Then again after I got to know Mike, who know's what to believe.

Mike said Lyle died from something other than cancer, caused by a risque' lifestyle....if you know what I mean.:naughty:

I will say it then. It's been widely reported prior, so I doubt that there is any new rumour to spread.

The story was Alzado was bi and liked his boys young and very tinkerbell like. I think acutally this might even be in the Steroid Nation book (was that the name of the book?). As a consequence, he died of Aids not cancer.

Either way, it seemed highly doubtful that whatever killed him was brought on due to juice.

He said he didn't want to start any rumors...

Sorry, I didn't initially see where he said he didn't want to start any rumors. My fault.

Anyway, whether he was bi, straight, whatever...there's no way his steroid use caused his death.

Some say the cancer he got, he got from the growth hormone he took (which was from a cadaver who may have had cancer). Others say he really died of AIDS. Whatever way he died, I think we can all agree that he was a great football player and all around bad ass.

A very unique individual for sure,,,a great football player indeed.

Through my line of work in the 80's and 90's (when I worked in TV/film) I had heard stories of Lyle having some of the same tastes as Magic Johnson (no, I don't believe the stories of tons of women, you can believe what you want) and other hot shots macho guys in town here in L.A.. That be said, Alzado was like Vesuvius when angered. Saw him get up and knock around three black teens who wouldn't shut up during a movie in Westwood (yeah, they were the full stereotype). Three Crip looking thugs and he literally carried all three to the front doors and tossed them out after belting them around. Then he and some female bodybuilder he was with took off. Probably figured he'd be made the bad guy (rightly so, the way the media defends the gangstas). I remember the story in one of the papers saying it was two young teens when in fact it was three good sized 18 year olds. He was nuts. I may as well say that so many people freak out when I mention Magic, but the fact is he, Arsenio and Eddie Murphy were known, well known, for going to a club in West Hollywood that would call itself "Bordello" when it would have "Transvestite Night" once a week. I'd mention this to people and they'd get pissed, some guys ready to try and pop me one. Then a few years later, Magic announces he has AIDS. Then a few years after that, Eddie gets popped with a Tranny hooker. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, and it's coincidence and stories, just like the rumors about Alzado. Then he wasted away. Either way, he didn't die from roids or HGH.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear