over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lynx's first powerlifting meet!

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Well, guys and gals I spent the whole weekend driving in ice and snow because some guys at Golds talked my girlfriend into doing a powerlifing meet.

I was hesitant to travel on the icy roads to say the least.

I was told that I "didn't have to go". Can some of you fellas please chime in here and let me girlfriend know what would have happened it I had NOT gone?

Give her the truth guys....don't hold back anything!

Look at these roads....yeah, there was pavement under there somewhere. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Icy road #1.JPG
    Icy road #1.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 595
Let me make this clear- there were five wrecks the night before we took off.

It rained then froze. I was on the ambulance crew in high school and first hand views of car crashes has made me ....cautious.

More icy roads....took me five hours just to get to where Lynx now lives. We had to drive three more the next morning just to arrive at where the Power Lifing Meet was being held.

We left at 6am the day of the meet.

Attachments

• Icy roads #2.JPG
    Icy roads #2.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 599
Can some of you fellas please chime in here and let me girlfriend know what would have happened it I had NOT gone?

Give her the truth guys....don't hold back anything!

Ha.
If you had not gone this thread would have been posted by some dudes from Golds gym instead of YOU :eek: ;)

She was happy to see me when I arrived, so I stopped being pissed off!

I was tired, but just to let you all know that I am hardcore...I went and squatted, did hamstring curls and lunges. Then crashed!

The fact that she isn't lazy and is an intelligent person who actually is very low maintenance makes her very valuable.

Attachments

• Dave amd Meredith after icy roads from hell..JPG
    Dave amd Meredith after icy roads from hell..JPG
    110 KB · Views: 598
Nosmas, maybe you're right.

Ha.
If you had not gone this thread would have been posted by some dudes from Golds gym instead of YOU :eek: ;)

But, as you can she she's all bushy. Who wants that hair all over? ;)

I was tired, but just to let you all know that I am hardcore...I went and squatted, did hamstring curls and lunges. Then crashed!

The fact that she isn't lazy and is an intelligent person who actually is very low maintenance makes her very valuable.
HA!

jewelry is valuable. Love is irreplaceable.

If you did not turn up well let's just say that "Little Big Horn"? Would have been a day at Disneyland compared to what she would have done to you!!!

SO results big man? How'd she go?

But, as you can she she's all bushy. Who wants that hair all over? ;)

I have long hair and a full beard. That is my answer to that statement.:D

Last edited:
Exactly, D... Like I had a friggin' choice whether I could go or not!

If you did not turn up well let's just say that "Little Big Horn"? Would have been a day at Disneyland compared to what she would have done to you!!!

SO results big man? How'd she go?

I must continue on in this epic saga. Do you know how to post a video? I 've got a great one!

The next day's road...no snow...frozen rain! I am driving cause someone drives too fast. :mad:

Attachments

• DSC02397.JPG
    DSC02397.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 585
Here is the line of competitors signing up for the meet.

The particular powerlifting meet was what they call a Push/Pull meet. This means the two events are the Bench Press and the Deadlift.

The meet was "raw" which means no bench shirts, etc. You wear a wrestling singlet and all the lifts are really what you can lift. Not what you can lift with a bench shirt that puts 100 pounds on your lift.

I'll tell you the difference in attitudes is so much different at power meets than bodybuilding/figure events that it is unreal. Everyone is supportive of each other and the atmosphere is fun. Very unlike the bitchy b.s. that goes on at physique shows.

Attachments

• Meredith and Curt signing up!.JPG
    Meredith and Curt signing up!.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 587
We were the first ones there since I insisted that we leave early in case the roads-

Sucked! lol.

Here are more pics.

This is Lynx's best side. lol. She weighed 149 that morning. But she weighed in with her clothing on at 151. Why did she do that? Well can you see the girl on the left in the red coat? Well that girl weight 147 and [ no kidding ] Benched 240lbs and deadlifted 455lbs...I shee'it you not. Freaky strong. Lynx thought it might be wise to move up a weight class!

A good move I thought!

Attachments

• Meredith's best side signing in at power meet..JPG
    Meredith's best side signing in at power meet..JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
I do not see the pic of YOU signing up for this meet. HMMMMM.

Sucked! lol.

Here are more pics.

This is Lynx's best side. lol. She weighed 149 that morning. But she weighed in with her clothing on at 151. Why did she do that? Well can you see the girl on the left in the red coat? Well that girl weight 147 and [ no kidding ] Benched 240lbs and deadlifted 455lbs...I shee'it you not. Freaky strong. Lynx thought it might be wise to move up a weight class!

A good move I thought!
Ouch..................but correct me if I am wrong, bigger weight division, bigger lifts????? Am I flawed in my thinking here? Or was there no one i the heavier division?

My last powerlifing meet was in 1997.

I do not see the pic of YOU signing up for this meet. HMMMMM.

I won my weight division superheavies that year. I am far too pretty and fragile to lift heavy things at this point, Nosmas. :) It looks difficult. I also don't like people yelling at me to "get it up"...it gives me performance anxiety. :eek: ;)

It's a good way to get injured to just show up and attempt a max single without training for it. Heck, it's even dangerous IF you train for it. Just as Edge 250, Shelby or any of the myriad of other guys on this board with blown pecs. They'll clear it up for you. It was Meredith's day....I left my coat on the whole day and cheered her on. :)

WOW, a solid set of pipes on your girl there JT. She looks the goods! So are you going to get to the point or just keep baiting us along here?? LOL:p :D

I am goofing off, D. I've got to use up these pictures!

WOW, a solid set of pipes on your girl there JT. She looks the goods! So are you going to get to the point or just keep baiting us along here?? LOL:p :D

Here is a better one..I'll catch hell if I leave up one with her making dumb faces!

Attachments

• DSC02437.JPG
    DSC02437.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 572
We had no idea who would show up.

Ouch..................but correct me if I am wrong, bigger weight division, bigger lifts????? Am I flawed in my thinking here? Or was there no one i the heavier division?

There were lifters from Washington, Idaho, and Montana. We wondered about that going up a class, but in my life I've never seen a girl who was as stong as that girl from Idaho at 147lbs. I figured there wouldn't be anyone stronger up there in the 150-165llb class.

Either way, this was a RAW meet..so you could break records because it was officially sanctioned etc.

The guy with the world record bench was there at the meet with his girlfriend.

He happens to be from Idaho and his world record bench is 1070lbs. A big, thick guy.

Here is another pic of Lynx.

Attachments

• DSC02436.JPG
    DSC02436.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 573
The guy with the world record bench was there at the meet with his girlfriend.

He happens to be from Idaho and his world record bench is 1070lbs. A big, thick guy.

:eek: Good God Man!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08