over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Machine hack squat vs. machine reverse hack squat

I would think regular hacks. Reverse hits hamstrings

They don't tear my knees up. But everyone is different.

Reverse hacks not only save my knees vs regular hacks but they have developed quads faster and better than bb squats

For those that say hacks hurt the knees, ever try reverse banding the machine? Makes it easier out of the bottom so there is less stress when your knees are vulnerable

Reverse hacks not only save my knees vs regular hacks but they have developed quads faster and better than bb squats

Doesn't your ass have to come away from the machine to get depth?

Just curious, my hack would require that and it really brings the hams in.

I tore my Patellar tendon 2 years ago and the hack is fine, leg press hurts more, but reverse just hits my ass an hams more, if I play around from feet position then some times I can hit quads buts it's fucking akward

Doesn't your ass have to come away from the machine to get depth?

Just curious, my hack would require that and it really brings the hams in.

I can't do it on the armbrust hack machines but I can at the 24 hour hack machine.
I can't say I feel much in hams ever.

They don't tear my knees up. But everyone is different.

How tall are you, most hacks machines have a small platform for foot placement, if your a tall guy given the small platform the hingeing of the weight puts a load of stress on the quadricep tendon, if the platform could go farther out it would take more stress off the knees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that say hacks hurt the knees, ever try reverse banding the machine? Makes it easier out of the bottom so there is less stress when your knees are vulnerable

Can you elaborate, reverse banding the machine?

Hook bands up to that they stretch as you go down and the tension lessens as you go up. This removes some of the weight at the bottom of the movement to take stress off the knees.

I used this a lot for squats and bench when powerlifting. The opposite of the most common method. It replicated the strength curve better when doing the lifts equipped.

Hacks crush quads, if youre looking for alternate leg exercises try v-squat machine. Keep legs close to you for quad focus, move them out for glute/ham work. Can also reverse V-squat with feet close to the pad for quad focus as well, one of my favorite variations.

Let me see if I can find a video. I know John Meadows does it when he trains at EliteFTS because the sled is so heavy it can tear up your knees at the bottom.

Its where you tie bands to the weight post and then at the top of the machine so it helps pull you out of the bottom, but lets up as you lock out.

You can kind of see it here. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pl9LMLtHEU"]Elitefts.com -Mountain Dog Training 5-19: Hack Squat Strip Set - YouTube[/ame]

I use bands the same way with the Cybex hack squat machine in my gym, and its AMAZING! took some figuring out to find a way to hook the bands up though.

Before I knew about John meadows (which is where I learnt about the benefits and versatility of bands) it was 3 years since I did hack squats regularly, now they are a staple of every leg workout of mine (reverse band squats too). I feel it in my quads much more and my knee-caps don't feel like they're gonna explode into the mirror in front of me!

Just watched the video, they don't play AC/DC nice and loud at my LA Fitness....The music sucks there, slowly getting use to having headphones in...

I used to enjoy both but mainly the reverse hack squat. The hack squat would sometimes mess with my knees but I did use a stupid amount of weight. My new gym doesn't have one and I would use it if it did. But I have to admit I was a bit scared to over the last year in my old gym due to my back. My back has gone so many times in the last few years I tend to stay away from any movements were there is a risk. But I still train as hard as possible just have to be careful with exercise selection and angles etc.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws