over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macro....Finasteride question

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey Macro, I know finasteride is to stop balding....but I have read an account of a guy who has been on and off accutane for a long time and his acne still gets bad on cycle. He said he used 1mg of finasteride every day while on cycle, and he had no acne problems.
I heard finasteride is also supposed to block the sebaceous gland , similar of what acutane does.

Is there any merit in this?

the dht blocking effect of finasteride would make sense in combatting acne

I know using some nizoral (topical anti-dht) gets rid of acne

anyone know?

nizoral is OTC, but its not a DHT blocker from what I know, just an antibiotic/antifungal named ketoconazole, but it still helps from what i've heard.

hmm

Mechanism of action

Ketoconazole is structurally similar to imidazole, and interferes with the fungal synthesis of ergosterol, a constituent of cell membranes, as well as certain enzymes. It is specific for fungi, as the equivalent mammalian pathway, leading to the biosynthesis of cholesterol, is not sensitive to ketoconazole. However, other mammalian cytochrome P450 enzymes can be sensitive to ketoconazole, and inhibition of steroid hormone synthesis is a possible side effect of ketoconazole treatment.
As with all azole antifungal agents, ketoconazole works principally by inhibition of an enzyme, cytochrome P450 14-alpha-demethylase (P45014DM). This enzyme is in the sterol biosynthesis pathway that leads from lanosterol to ergosterol. Fluconazole and itraconazole have been found to have a greater affinity for fungal cell membrane than ketoconazole, and thus lower doses of these azoles are required to kill fungi.

Hey Macro, I know finasteride is to stop balding....but I have read an account of a guy who has been on and off accutane for a long time and his acne still gets bad on cycle. He said he used 1mg of finasteride every day while on cycle, and he had no acne problems.
I heard finasteride is also supposed to block the sebaceous gland , similar of what acutane does.

Is there any merit in this?

Finasteride will reduce DHT levels which, for some, could reduce acne.

Nizoral is an oral and topical anti-fungal agent that has anti-androgenic properties. I've heard some people using the shampoo for body breakouts with success. I use it EOD to combat MPB.

Oh, the shampoo is OTC in 1% concentration, but the 2% is script. Oral version is hepatoxic and script only.

Best,
Monte

Finasteride will reduce DHT levels which, for some, could reduce acne.

Nizoral is an oral and topical anti-fungal agent that has anti-androgenic properties. I've heard some people using the shampoo for body breakouts with success. I use it EOD to combat MPB.

Oh, the shampoo is OTC in 1% concentration, but the 2% is script. Oral version is hepatoxic and script only.

Best,
Monte

this is fairly accurate.

while DHT is most highly linked (at least by the medical community), estrogen and prolactin are perhaps even more primary drivers. they are required to cause the issues that DHT is "blamed" for. Much like issues with the prostate, dht gets all the blame but its estrogen and prolactin which actually drive both hypertrophy and malignancy.

now exogenous estrogen is used, unwisely, to treat acne-- it can work because it suppresses testosterone and DHT. However, equally effective (and far better for you) would be to suppress estrogen and prolactin. MILD inhibition of DHT as well MAY be indicated, particularly in those with the 3-beta hydroxysteroid polymorphism. 3b-hsd converts DHT to 3alpha and 3 beta-diol, which are potent ANDROGEN AND ESTROGEN receptor agonists (3beta being more problematic)

this is fairly accurate.

while DHT is most highly linked (at least by the medical community), estrogen and prolactin are perhaps even more primary drivers. they are required to cause the issues that DHT is "blamed" for. Much like issues with the prostate, dht gets all the blame but its estrogen and prolactin which actually drive both hypertrophy and malignancy.

now exogenous estrogen is used, unwisely, to treat acne-- it can work because it suppresses testosterone and DHT. However, equally effective (and far better for you) would be to suppress estrogen and prolactin. MILD inhibition of DHT as well MAY be indicated, particularly in those with the 3-beta hydroxysteroid polymorphism. 3b-hsd converts DHT to 3alpha and 3 beta-diol, which are potent ANDROGEN AND ESTROGEN receptor agonists (3beta being more problematic)

I get acne bad and blame estrogen as I got it last cycle and ran Tbol/Test Enan. Could DHT also increase and be a factor here, even when running those compounds Macro?

Would it also be an idea to stay away from DHT-derived steroids, like Masteron and Winstrol too?

Speaking of Finasteride and hair loss... I hear there is a test that a man can take to see if Finasteride will work to prevent hair loss for you or not... so does that mean that not everyone it will prevent hair loss on?? If so that sux!! Also, is there a way to test how my DHT /Androgen activity is happening in the scalp? Was thinking of upping my 1mg Finasteride to 5mg for my upcoming Sust Cycle to prevent the xtra DHT that comes from more test... good idea?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131