over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macro recommendations for a cut pls

Nike22

Registered
Newbies
Ran a bulk/recomp for 14 wks Test580/Deca240/NPP240 per week, GH2iu/day. Good results, up 20lbs, bf down 4-5%. Currently 230lb.
4200-4500 cals per day (depending on training)
Pro 350-375
Carb 350-400 (a normal person would go higher but my body is senstitive to carbs, too much and I got spill over, got fatter)
Fat ~ 150

Thinking to cut my cals to about 3800 per day but where would you cut the calories from?
Current AAS is Test 400/EQ400/Mast400 per week and GH 2iu/ed.
Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

pull it from your fats… obviously. I’m not sure why on earth you’re eating 150g in the first place.

You say you spill over from the carbs, but water is to be expected with carbs go a degree. Excess fat, however, will 100% be stored as adipose tissue in the body. Always push protein and carbs, fats to a minimum/healthy amount.

pull it from your fats… obviously. I’m not sure why on earth you’re eating 150g in the first place.

You say you spill over from the carbs, but water is to be expected with carbs go a degree. Excess fat, however, will 100% be stored as adipose tissue in the body. Always push protein and carbs, fats to a minimum/healthy amount.
Yeah, I plan to do that. With my metabolism I have to go high fat to reach my calorie goals when bulking because my body just doesn't handle carbs like I did when I was younger. Seriously if I go 40/40/20 when bulking I get fatter than if I go about ~35%Pro/~35%carb and 30% fat. Especially on non training days I've had success of going zero carb/high fat/pro until meals 3 & 4.

Well the crux of the biscuit is carbohydrate…

What fuels anaerobic and glycotic exercise the best? Fat or carbohydrate?

What increases insulin? Carbohydrate. What is extremely synergistic with hgh and anabolics?……. Insulin.

But…..we have to keep insulin sensitivity up. In general We have to stay in a caloric surplus (yes there are times with heavy drug and perfect protocols we can build tissue in a isocaloric state)

For normal functioning, in a PED user, we can go down to .3g per pound bodyweight.

So for growth, a higher carb/fat ratio makes more sense.

But honestly….don’t over think it. Your macros should put you in a slight surplus….and eat the macros you feel the best, sleep the best, train the hardest. THAT is the most important thing.

Example: last year I started training a best friends daughter. She was an ex college softball player who retired after a broken wrist. She wanted to go full bulk as she was 5’10 and 154lbs. We started with a lower fat, moderate carb/moderate protein diet. As I escalated carbs while her bodyweight went up, she stated her gym sessions and daily activities felt harder. So I pulled carbs back down a little and added some fat. She then started killing the gym, and would text me….hey I’ve been eating an extra avocado or two a day because I’m hungry. Two whole avocados extra?? 😂

That girl hulked out to 187lbs and we barely have any extra fluff. (Great genetics). Would I recommend binging avocados for bulking? Not usually, but your body is YOUR body. Tinker and figure out what works.

This is getting long…last thing…..look at the big fuckers. @danieltx, @TheOtherOne55, @luki7788. And even the great physiques of @slesh, @musclefreak47, @Performance Based .They all do things differently with diet, training, drugs. What do they do the same? They track and record objective and subjective data. Make small changes….find out what works and what doesn’t.

Ok I’m done.

Ran a bulk/recomp for 14 wks Test580/Deca240/NPP240 per week, GH2iu/day. Good results, up 20lbs, bf down 4-5%. Currently 230lb.
Pro 350-375
Carb 350-400 (a normal person would go higher but my body is senstitive to carbs, too much and I got spill over, got fatter)
Fat ~ 150

Thinking to cut my cals to about 3800 per day but where would you cut the calories from?

Well...I wouldn't over think it too much...you are up 20lbs and down 4-5% bodyfat. I obviously don't know what that means (did you go from 30% bf to 26% or 15% to 11%, etc. etc) but it sound like you have a good thing going! If that amount of protein treats your stomach and digestion well, I'd just peel off some calories and not overly worry. Going to 3,800 seems like a good idea. Hit your protein goal if that's working, I'd probably cut some of that fat but I really wouldn't obsess too much if your training is going well and you hit your protein and calorie goal.

Maybe something like...

350 protein = 1400 cal
350 carb = 1400 cal
100 fat = 900 cal
3,700 calories total

I'd to that and call it a day. Maybe some days I'd push the carbs to 400-500 and drop the fat and maybe other days I'd do the opposite, but overall I'd just hit that calorie goal and keep progressing. Seems like you are making great progress!

Heck man if you have put on muscle like that and lost bodyfat maybe just drop the calories to 4,000 at first?

I'm jealous btw.

Pro 350-375
Fat ~ 150

Why complicate things, this shit is child's play.
Number one factor is ADHERENCE so tweak the macros to your own personal preference. Stick to the diet and you will suceed!

If you really gained 20 lbs while dropping 5% that's pretty impressive, how are you measuring bf?

Like others said I would just drop calories down from fat 150 is high. I personally like psmf to cut but again if those are your results you posted I would just make small changes.

Start with 1.5g protein and 1/2g fat per gram of body weight.
230x1.5=345g protein= 1380 cal
230x.5=115g fat=1035 cal

Make up the remainder with carbs
1380+1035=2415 , 3800-2415= 1385cal÷4=346g carbs

230lb
345g Protein
345g Carbs
115g Fat

Simply recalculate as you lose weight.
If you wanna be more aggressive then remove more calories from fat and Carbs (I prefer carbs)

Well the crux of the biscuit is carbohydrate…

What fuels anaerobic and glycotic exercise the best? Fat or carbohydrate?

What increases insulin? Carbohydrate. What is extremely synergistic with hgh and anabolics?……. Insulin.

But…..we have to keep insulin sensitivity up. In general We have to stay in a caloric surplus (yes there are times with heavy drug and perfect protocols we can build tissue in a isocaloric state)

For normal functioning, in a PED user, we can go down to .3g per pound bodyweight.

So for growth, a higher carb/fat ratio makes more sense.

But honestly….don’t over think it. Your macros should put you in a slight surplus….and eat the macros you feel the best, sleep the best, train the hardest. THAT is the most important thing.

Example: last year I started training a best friends daughter. She was an ex college softball player who retired after a broken wrist. She wanted to go full bulk as she was 5’10 and 154lbs. We started with a lower fat, moderate carb/moderate protein diet. As I escalated carbs while her bodyweight went up, she stated her gym sessions and daily activities felt harder. So I pulled carbs back down a little and added some fat. She then started killing the gym, and would text me….hey I’ve been eating an extra avocado or two a day because I’m hungry. Two whole avocados extra?? 😂

That girl hulked out to 187lbs and we barely have any extra fluff. (Great genetics). Would I recommend binging avocados for bulking? Not usually, but your body is YOUR body. Tinker and figure out what works.

This is getting long…last thing…..look at the big fuckers. @danieltx, @TheOtherOne55, @luki7788. And even the great physiques of @slesh, @musclefreak47, @Performance Based .They all do things differently with diet, training, drugs. What do they do the same? They track and record objective and subjective data. Make small changes….find out what works and what doesn’t.

Ok I’m done.
A bit long but this!

Solid advice as usual from you 🤜

Hey guys thanks for all the great advice. That's EXACTLY why I spend time on this board.

@Flex500 and @Gunsmith and @KingOfSushi Thank you! That's kind of where I was thinking about heading but now that's exactly where I'm going. Start at 1.5/lb on the protein and work the macros back from there.

@b-boy yeah dude, I hear what you're saying but my weak link has always been setting my macros when I cut. I can train like hell, eat what I'm supposed to eat, not cheat and all that but setting up a good cut has always been my Achilles Heel, I can get lean but I always drop way too much muscle in the process. So I appreciate the help and yeah your right ADHERENCE is key and tweak it based on results. Thanks.

@qbkilla Yeah, 20lbs in 14 wks dropping 4-5% bf is no lie BUT #1 I just dropped the Deca and NPP so for sure I'll loose a pound or two from water. #2 I used to be 245 14-15%bf just 10 months ago, then because of some real life bullshit didn't lift for 5 months dropped to a fat 205-210, drinking every day, etc. Dropped the alcohol got back on a proper diet, training and AAS schedule... getting back to where you were isn't nearly as hard as getting there for the first time. As to measuring bf I'm just eyeballing it, I've got calipers but I know my body well enough to know when I'm at 10-12% vs 14-16% or 18%+ For sure I was 20% (maybe more) when I started and now more like 15-16%. I'll send you a before shot and shot from today if you want to see one. I'm pretty sure you'd agree with me. It has been a great recomp, this is why I don't want to fuck it up and asked the bros on the board for advice. I like your PSMF advice as well, I think I'll try that when in August I drop the EQ and add Tren E. Sounds perfect for that. Thanks!

Why complicate things, this shit is child's play.
Number one factor is ADHERENCE so tweak the macros to your own personal preference. Stick to the diet and you will suceed!
Why is this so hard? People are always looking for magical numbers when it comes to macros, MG’s, reps, and sets…just do the shit you can stick with without burning out!

Macros are cool, but you’re not “losing muscle” in your previous cuts because you had the wrong macro ratio. You are just cutting cals too hard. You’re obsessing over the minutia. Take 500 cals away, from whatever macro u want. Run that until your progress COMPLETELY STALLS. When that happens, add (more) cardio or pulls another 200-300 cals from whatever macro u want.

Trained many competitors. We always started Pre-contest dieting by setting the 3 macros according to body type. Especially if carb sensitive. I'll use myself as an example.
Weeks 1-2. 300 grams Protein, 400 grams carbs, 100 grams fat.
Weeks 3-4 take out 50 grams carbs. (350)
Weeks 5-6 Take out 50 more grams carbs (300)
Weeks 7-8 (250)
Keep removing carbs every 2 weeks.
Some people we'd go down to only 50 total grams of carbs. Important to keep protein and fats high to maintain muscle.
Two weeks out you should be stage ready.
Of course, this is a really simple version. Usually many small tweaks along the way. Cardio, supplements, metabolic rate, possibly lower fats, etc.
12-16 weeks.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting