over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macronutrient ratios

dr intensity

Registered
hi guys,
i am 257lbs @ 20 percent bodyfat, i have a very heavy workload,
presently eating a macronutrient ratio of 50/35/20---- P/C/F to grow into a show, so presently eating 4 meals a day and my idea is to keep bumping my meals as i gain/strength/leaness---i will be going upto 12 meals a day.(slolwly) 30 weeks to go,

coming down to my problem

i have been consuming whole food only when i am hungry, but i think i will have resume to 50gram whey/35grams Malto dextrin/15-20ml olive oil for my next 8 meals + 5 gram Fiber supplement, is that fine...this is the first time i am using this approach

if some one has done this before, please let me know

woul appreciate your input
Dr Intensity

)

Are you stating your macro ratio as grams-per-meal or as a percentage of daily calories? I've usually seen it as the later. If it is the later, that's 105% which would be impossible.

If you are currently consuming whole foods when hungry, and only eating 4 meals a day, you are then talking about force feeding yourself 8 more meals. You are currently 20%bf according to you, where do you think force feeding yourself 8 more times a day will put you, 30,40+???

Why don't you keep eating when hungry and sticking with whole, easy digestable foods? What do you hope to accomplish by eating 12 meals a day?

i dont understand why u dont hire sum1 to train you like phil, dc, alex, etc.... you always have these intergalatic questions broken down and reworded over and over again...you hear what the big dogs tell you, but 2nd guess, and want everything to be said in sum sort of scientific manual with a clearcut way even tho you are told AGAIN n AGAIN by top guys what tha deal is....

i dont see how with 200g pro/140g carbs a day max muscle mass is being obtained....

If you are currently consuming whole foods when hungry, and only eating 4 meals a day, you are then talking about force feeding yourself 8 more meals. You are currently 20%bf according to you, where do you think force feeding yourself 8 more times a day will put you, 30,40+???

Why don't you keep eating when hungry and sticking with whole, easy digestable foods? What do you hope to accomplish by eating 12 meals a day?

exactly, thats what i am doing "eating when hungry"...i mean seriously, for the first week i gained 7 pounds went to 256-7lbs. But things will start falling in place.

Last edited:
i dont understand why u dont hire sum1 to train you like phil, dc, alex, etc.... you always have these intergalatic questions broken down and reworded over and over again...you hear what the big dogs tell you, but 2nd guess, and want everything to be said in sum sort of scientific manual with a clearcut way even tho you are told AGAIN n AGAIN by top guys what tha deal is....

i dont see how with 200g pro/140g carbs a day max muscle mass is being obtained....

don`t you like reading those "intergalactically" explaining the basics, just the basics Posts, helping us bodybuilders. Thats all i want to read and provoke my gurus
Big A
Dante Trudel
Phil Hernon.......johnny smiles.....b-boy.....alfresco....so many more people that i respect.

So what`s wrong in Igniting a good discussion about FOOD---TRAINING---AAS----GENERAL HEALTH.

what the hell is wrong with you guys...i`ll stop posting threads if they "hurt you badly"? and put up threads like "Hey B-Boy whats your favourite colour?"

Can anyone explain why my posts were deleted along with the others, and around 8 stored PM`s in my Inbox.

hi guys,
i am 257lbs @ 20 percent bodyfat, i have a very heavy workload,
presently eating a macronutrient ratio of 50/35/20---- P/C/F to grow into a show, so presently eating 4 meals a day and my idea is to keep bumping my meals as i gain/strength/leaness---i will be going upto 12 meals a day.(slolwly) 30 weeks to go,

coming down to my problem

i have been consuming whole food only when i am hungry, but i think i will have resume to 50gram whey/35grams Malto dextrin/15-20ml olive oil for my next 8 meals + 5 gram Fiber supplement, is that fine...this is the first time i am using this approach

if some one has done this before, please let me know

woul appreciate your input
Dr Intensity

forget about this 8-12 meals, you can never calculate how much food you will need. you dont necessarily have to increase the food intake when you grow into a show, that's one of the very few things i disagree on with johnnysmiles. the hormones make you utilize the food better , as in more protein synthesis and more protein utilization. so you basically eat 250grams of pro and utlizie 125, you up the hormones and you continue to eat 250grams of protein but now you can utilize 175grams, and you get bigger. the mojor increase should be in the hormones not in the food intake.

Can anyone explain why my posts were deleted along with the others, and around 8 stored PM`s in my Inbox.

the other day the site went down and a whole day of posts and pm's got lost

anyways, how did you manage to get to 20% bf when you seem to know a lot? You looked great in your avi

the other day the site went down and a whole day of posts and pm's got lost

anyways, how did you manage to get to 20% bf when you seem to know a lot? You looked great in your avi

bro,
to be honest i basically got screwed, in my AVI pic i am 190-192 lbs @ 6% bf and its three years back, since then i have not competed, However i went on a full throttle muscle mass gaining mission, ate around 450-500grams of protein(200-250 grams was whey isolate) with 120-150 grams of fats and loosely watching carbs, doing Zero Cardio, FOR 3 WHOLE YEARS i went from 192 lbs---235lbs-239lbs @ 10-11% BF--- to 275-279 lbs @ 14-15 percent body fat, (UNTILL THREE MONTHS BACK)....i did 4 long + Huge cycles, i gained quiet a lot of muscle mass during this period.
My training went through the roof,
Bench Press-405 x 5-6
Squats 495 x 8-10
Deads 495 x 8-10
i gained around 100lbs on all my Basic lifts Squats, Deads etc (except bench press)

So for the last 3 months i have not trained at all,(work pressure) i lost around 15-20lbs and gained some fat so presently i am 256 @ 20%, so i wish to grow into a show (would love to compete @ 225+ category) @ 5 feet 8 inches.

So thats my story...
getting in shape is not a problem, has never been (i have been an "only keto diet Pre-contest wise") but growing into a show is something i have not experienced before, i believe its not possible to "grow into a show" keto diet wise.

Last edited:
forget about this 8-12 meals, you can never calculate how much food you will need. you dont necessarily have to increase the food intake when you grow into a show, that's one of the very few things i disagree on with johnnysmiles. the hormones make you utilize the food better , as in more protein synthesis and more protein utilization. so you basically eat 250grams of pro and utlizie 125, you up the hormones and you continue to eat 250grams of protein but now you can utilize 175grams, and you get bigger. the mojor increase should be in the hormones not in the food intake.

Kevin Levrone + Dave Pulcinella do the same thing i guess, Do their elegant 6 meals/day plan. I have no idea how would they manipulate diet, but of course they prolly start with some Kind of "REFERENCE POINT" diet wise, what would that be for a person like me 5 feet 8 inches 257@ 20% BF(have not trained for 3 months at all and lost around 15-20lbs).

i have not trained for 3 months, so my appetite has gone down, besides being my first week of eating properly i ate only when hungry so it was 3-4 meals this whole week, However soon enough i will gain some muscle while losing bodyfat, and i guess my appetite would increase, which means increase in BMR = more fat loss,

however if you look into the diet plan closely, you will find that i am keeping the macro-nutrients constant 55 grams protein/35grams carbs/ 15-20 grams of fats....so as i increase my Hormones + food = Increased Muscle mass = Increased BMR (coupled with cardio + Clenbutrol+cytomel) will make me loose bodyfat while gaining muscle mass.............is the idea.

interesting. When you have time to train again, I would just cut down to a a low bf% like 8%, then reset and grow again. I don't know if you want to be forcing yourself into shows and having to resort to "growing into a show" tactics. I'd get your shit straightened out and then go from there

If you are over 10% bodyfat, I suggest cutting rather than bulking, but that's just my style. I'm NEVER sloppy, ever.

Having said that, when bulking, everyone grows better when they significantly increase CARBS--not fats--and lean protein sources. Eating an overabundance of fat will lead to less actual muscle gain and more adipose(fat tissue) storage. Carbohydrates are the preferred energy source, and are irreplacable and absolutely vital to the bodybuilder..

If you want to cut while eating when hungry, I would suggest a cyclic ketogenic diet... I am not quite sure how you could recomp in order to grow into a show. Wouldn't it be easier to just cut and then bulk?

If you are over 10% bodyfat, I suggest cutting rather than bulking, but that's just my style. I'm NEVER sloppy, ever.

Having said that, when bulking, everyone grows better when they significantly increase CARBS--not fats--and lean protein sources. Eating an overabundance of fat will lead to less actual muscle gain and more adipose(fat tissue) storage. Carbohydrates are the preferred energy source, and are irreplacable and absolutely vital to the bodybuilder..

Define "overabundance." Eating a diet high in the right fats (think: Omega 3s, CLA) will actually help you put on muscle while losing bodyfat.

For example, this study shows that a diet high in omega 3s increases the anabolic response to food: Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids augment the mu... [Clin Sci (Lond). 2011] - PubMed result

Kevin Levrone + Dave Pulcinella do the same thing i guess, Do their elegant 6 meals/day plan. I have no idea how would they manipulate diet, but of course they prolly start with some Kind of "REFERENCE POINT" diet wise, what would that be for a person like me 5 feet 8 inches 257@ 20% BF(have not trained for 3 months at all and lost around 15-20lbs).

reference point is person and drug dependant, but i would say start with 5-6 of your meals a day. if you see that you are getting too lean too fast, add a meal. if you are happy with your growth and fat loss stay there. also something else, dont think that you will get to 4-5% like this. you will be able to grow into the show and stay about 7-8% bf but thats it. if you want to get to contest shape like 4-5% bf then you have to suffer and reduce the calories eventually(we are talking the last 4-6 weeks or so before contest), no other way. at this moment you will be on so much hormones because of the gradual bumping that you will lose no muscle, dont worry. thats my experience, hope it helps.

is that what YOU suggest??? Have YOU EVER even done a show? Do you have some references of competitors that YOU have prepped like this for a show???

My point is Dr, if are SOOO into finding out the details of everything you do(which you took tha wrong way as being a bad thing)....why not pay $250 fckn bucks to phil or sum1 and KNOW that this is what you need to do, instead of GUESSING and saying "my idea is"...and "i think"... are you planning on monitoring and adjusting your h20/sodium leves/ and carb loading phases as well in the last few weeks of contest by yourself too? Are you just gonna wing it, and when you are flat, or not optimum looking a week or days b4 contest, then you will post a thread asking what to do? this is what i was getting at...

Im not going to be one of these guys that tell you- "i think" when i have NEVER stepped on a fckn stage in my life....or prepped sum1 who has.... too many people telling others what to do, when they have NEVER done it themselves... its kinda rediculous(not direct towards dancho as i dont kno his experience)...

Last edited:
If you want to cut while eating when hungry, I would suggest a cyclic ketogenic diet... I am not quite sure how you could recomp in order to grow into a show. Wouldn't it be easier to just cut and then bulk?

Define "overabundance." Eating a diet high in the right fats (think: Omega 3s, CLA) will actually help you put on muscle while losing bodyfat.

For example, this study shows that a diet high in omega 3s increases the anabolic response to food: Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids augment the mu... [Clin Sci (Lond). 2011] - PubMed result

I eat plenty of healthy fats from fish, omega eggs, dairy fat(CLA) and grass fed beef. HOWEVER--you can only consume so much of these fats, whereas you can consume significantly more carbs, which are stored as glycogen in the liver as well as muscle.

MOST of your caloric surplus should come from protein and carbs, proportionately speaking..

I would just cut down to a a low bf% like 8%, then reset and grow again. I don't know if you want to be forcing yourself into shows and having to resort to "growing into a show" tactics. I'd get your shit straightened out and then go from there

Do you have some references of competitors youve trained as well? Have you been up on a stage lately??? If not, what do you think qualifies your opinions on giving advice for competing?? just wondering...

is that what YOU suggest??? Have YOU EVER even done a show? Do you have some references of competitors that YOU have prepped like this for a show???

My point is Dr, if are SOOO into finding out the details of everything you do(which you took tha wrong way as being a bad thing)....why not pay $250 fckn bucks to phil or sum1 and KNOW that this is what you need to do, instead of GUESSING and saying "my idea is"...and "i think"... are you planning on monitoring and adjusting your h20/sodium leves/ and carb loading phases as well in the last few weeks of contest by yourself too? Are you just gonna wing it, and when you are flat, or not optimum looking a week or days b4 contest, then you will post a thread asking what to do? this is what i was getting at...

Im not going to be one of these guys that tell you- "i think" when i have NEVER stepped on a fckn stage in my life....or prepped sum1 who has.... too many people telling others what to do, when they have NEVER done it themselves... its kinda rediculous(not direct towards dancho as i dont kno his experience)...

I don't understand why someone needs to have stepped on stage to give someone advice on cutting and bulking. The only difference is that people who compete need to worry about diuretic and water depletion tricks after the end of cutting phases. All bodybuilders, competitive or not, have needed to cut and bulk at some point.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws