over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macros 1st week Cutting advice

blacknell

Newbies
I’m coming off a torn AC joint before the injury I cut from 235 to 208. I want to start off natural, this time I’m cutting from 237. The only difference now is I will have less time to lift and my strength has dropped. My shoulder still hasn’t healed fully, but I need to workout and Football season is back, so I work 13-16 hour days 5 days a week. I’m focused on changing diet back and more cardio but want to keep some muscle.

As of right now I was starting my Macros out at 240P 180C 65F =2265 cal a day. Question is would this be good macros to start from? I plan to drop carbs and fat throughout, but keep protein the same. My goal is to get to around 190 and introduce maybe anavar when I get to around 215.

Also let me add I’m on TRT, I use 200 ML weekly/B12.. was thinking of starting off with an ECA stack (primatene/81gaspirin/caffeine pill) or Clen/T3.

Throw me some advice on the macros let me know if I should strip more calories or add. I had a hard time trying to start a finding point as I don’t know if coaching /teaching is considered an active job as well mainly walk nothing like construction but not sitting around all day.

Those calories are pretty damn low already , I'm surprised you are not losing on that just sitting still if you have a decent ayof muscle.

If you are not weight training as hard I definitely would not increase carbs at all as they would be as needed for fuel.
I'd probably start with taking out 10g fat and replace 50g carbs with 50g protein. Technically you are only reducing the calories by 90 a day but the increase thermic effect of protein vs carbs actually causes a little bit of a calorie deficit.

I would not to wacking back the calories to fast , rather increase the calories you are burning to create the deficit.

@blacknell what type of job do you have? That makes a difference when it comes to diet/calorie consumption.

Those calories are pretty damn low already , I'm surprised you are not losing on that just sitting still if you have a decent ayof muscle.

If you are not weight training as hard I definitely would not increase carbs at all as they would be as needed for fuel.
I'd probably start with taking out 10g fat and replace 50g carbs with 50g protein. Technically you are only reducing the calories by 90 a day but the increase thermic effect of protein vs carbs actually causes a little bit of a calorie deficit.

I would not to wacking back the calories to fast , rather increase the calories you are burning to create the deficit.
I gained weight after I hurt my shoulder, because I was doing shit really. I can bench about 135 safely now, but I can do everything else without issue. It’s weird that I can do flys with no pain but any pressing movements hurts like hell

I gained weight after I hurt my shoulder, because I was doing shit really. I can bench about 135 safely now, but I can do everything else without issue. It’s weird that I can do flys with no pain but any pressing movements hurts like hell
I've had both my shoulders scoped for AC Impingement issues (actually made things worse over the years to instability)
I would 100% stay away from barbell press of any kind , use dumbbell as it will allow you to rotate your wrist some to take stress out the shoulder joint , upright row for shoulder is another thing that really pisses off the AC joint.
I'd stick to a low incline dumbbell press and flys for cheat , dips also helped mine.

Reactions: Bio
I've had both my shoulders scoped for AC Impingement issues (actually made things worse over the years to instability)
I would 100% stay away from barbell press of any kind , use dumbbell as it will allow you to rotate your wrist some to take stress out the shoulder joint , upright row for shoulder is another thing that really pisses off the AC joint.
I'd stick to a low incline dumbbell press and flys for cheat , dips also helped mine.
Hard part is trying to hit shoulders, I’m glad I have natural wide shoulders. I’m just trying to make sure the diet can fit with medium intensity to start burning the fat.

Those calories are pretty low what is your maintenance? With that work schedule you may want to try low volume high intensity training, looks like you will have limited time to be in the gym.

As everyone else has said those those numbers are pretty low for your body weight. If you don’t know your baseline or have a consistent diet I would download the Carbon Coach app from Layne Norton. It will give you a close baseline then through your weekly check ins with the app it will adjust based on how much weight you’re losing. Great starting point.

John Meadows also did a great whiteboard video on calculating calories and macros that you could start with as well:

Those calories are pretty low what is your maintenance? With that work schedule you may want to try low volume high intensity training, looks like you will have limited time to be in the gym.
When I calculated the macros the maintenance was at like 3,200. The goal right now is to wake up and workout at 5AM and be at work by 7 and try to still sometime on lunch

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131